Question about Character delete

bilbojj.1936

50 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That's the first I've heard that deleting all characters does not allow for free World transfers.  I would update my ticket and ask to have it escalated to a Senior CS Team Member, just to make sure that is the new policy. 

And if that is so then have them update the delete message that you cant transfer if you delete all your characters in big letters.

And since they have not done that they should be able to restore your characters (OP) to the account since you dident know this fact.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 5:21 PM, Linken.6345 said:

I would just raid your material storage and sell some stuff to cover the transfer cost in gems.

You probabely have afew mystic coins for example that would give you a nice boost.

For those who don't know what their Account is worth; Create an account at GW2 efficiency (https://gw2efficiency.com). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I essentially said that on the first reply, yet the OP deleted his characters anyway.  🤷

i wasnt ignoring you i knew you could do it without deleteing but as you said it Costs gems. i was informed buy many people and even the wiki said delete all my toons will let me change server without the cost. i did read all replys sorry.

Anet got back to me again:
Hello there,

We understand that you received some misinformation that caused you to delete all of your characters for a free server transfer. Sadly, we are unable to perform this request as server transfers are a paid service. We appreciate you for understanding.

We are sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for and while we weren't able to help in this case, I do hope you continue to reach out to us regarding any other questions or concerns you may have. We're always here to help wherever possible.

Regards, 

im just gonna leave it for now i dont have the 1800gems is asking for, Thank to everyone here ❤️

Edited by bilbojj.1936

This might be of interest:

The next WvW beta week is scheduled for the 12th of November until the 19th of November

As of right now, we’re targeting the November 9 release for these fixes, with our next beta week kicking off on November 12.

(https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/inside-arenanet-world-restructuring-beta-1-recap-and-next-steps/)

That said, no matter if this beta event is cut short or not, following it there will be a regular relinking of WvW worlds. There is a chance that depending on how links end up, some worlds will grow in players while others shrink (most often the result of a lacking link server).

That said, once the alliance system goes live the world linking and server decision will likely not matter.

This is one of those things where if indeed there was a policy change on deleting characters and free server transfer it would have been nice for Anet to actually announce it somehow.    If this is indeed true and it is no longer an option it would have been beneficial to let the player base know instead of letting some people find out the hard way. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

This is one of those things where if indeed there was a policy change on deleting characters and free server transfer it would have been nice for Anet to actually announce it somehow.    If this is indeed true and it is no longer an option it would have been beneficial to let the player base know instead of letting some people find out the hard way. 

Totaly agree, the OP should update their ticket ask for a senior gm to look into it 

Then link this thead and ask for a rollback on account.

If this happend to me I wouldent touch this game again with a 10 foot pole.

I only lost my family name on starwars due to server merging and that was enough for me to not go back to that game.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3

I am honestly baffled by this. So many people are telling me to fight this that is should work, Been trying to find a announcement by Gw2 that the rules changed. 

Also dunno if this link works. but a friend sent me this:
https://ibb.co/Nj8cFh3 

i know its years old but odd that their is now news of this not being the same

Edited by bilbojj.1936

You could request to have your characters back. I don't know how it will go but if you had a reasonable source saying deleting them would let you transfer a rollback might be possible.

Do you have real world friends on an EU server? If not and you were introducing somebody to GW2 you could suggest they join the same server as you.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bilbojj.1936 said:

I am honestly baffled by this. So many people are telling me to fight this that is should work, Been trying to find a announcement by Gw2 that the rules changed. 

Also dunno if this link works. but a friend sent me this:
https://ibb.co/Nj8cFh3 

i know its years old but odd that their is now news of this not being the same

Here is the original post made on the original forum captured by this site that archived the old forum.  Yes it is a very old  post made by someone that does not work for Anet anymore, but just wanted to link it for your information:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Account-transfer/page/1#post1427223

24 minutes ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

You could request to have your characters back. I don't know how it will go but if you had a reasonable source saying deleting them would let you transfer a rollback might be possible.

Do you have real world friends on an EU server? If not and you were introducing somebody to GW2 you could suggest they join the same server as you.

Apparently Anet has also stopped recovering deleted characters.     Maybe I missed it but I don't recall seeing that change officially announced either.   It is now mentioned in their support page though:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010181213-Restoring-a-Deleted-Character

Character restorations are no longer a service that we provide. We urge players to be careful when making the decision to delete a character.

Also I'm sorry bilbojj that my first response to your thread was that it would be okay to delete your characters and transfer for free.   I was not aware that there was an unannounced change to the policy.   I provided the information based on what I thought was still accurate information. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 2

I'd definitely ask to speak with a Senior Team Member, and also ask them to change the wording of their response if, in fact, the policy has changed.  It seems inappropriate to accuse players of trying to 'exploit' the system, especially when this has been known to be accepted policy for so long. It's not like it hasn't been posted on the forums repeatedly; if the Mods/Stephane/Rubi/etc. were aware, they should have posted about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Here is the original post made on the original forum captured by this site that archived the old forum.  Yes it is a very old  post made by someone that does not work for Anet anymore, but just wanted to link it for your information:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Account-transfer/page/1#post1427223

Apparently Anet has also stopped recovering deleted characters.     Maybe I missed it but I don't recall seeing that change officially announced either.   It is now mentioned in their support page though:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010181213-Restoring-a-Deleted-Character

Also I'm sorry bilbojj that my first response to your thread was that it would be okay to delete your characters and transfer for free.   I was not aware that there was an unannounced change to the policy.   I provided the information based on what I thought was still accurate information. 

No need to be sorry mate you wasnt the only one who told me it would work. i am grateful for your replys

1 hour ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

I got friends who ive been playing with for a long time in other MMOs. who are going back to GW2 and as i dont really have anyone on NA to play with i said i would try join them. 

• Like 2

Here's another thing I would like to mention. It could be helpful once you have your characters back or started new characters.

It sounds like you just want to switch from NA to EU servers. If that's the case, then there is no need to try and get into a high-population / full server. You can also choose an almost empty server. Switching to empty servers also costs less gems, which would make your transfer to EU a lot cheaper.

You would still be able to play all PvE and PvP content together with any EU friend you might have. If you're in the same guilds and on each other's friend lists, the mega-server system will even put you in the same map instances most of the time.

The server you choose is ONLY important for WvW and even that is about to change. The alliance-system is about to replace server identity for matchmaking. With that change, servers will loose their last reason to exist. Unless you're a devout WvW player and you absolutely want to play WvW on that server, I recommend the cheap transfer to a low population EU server.

Edit:

The reason people recommended deleting your characters to get a free transfer is this post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Account-transfer/page/1#post1427223

Granted, the post is from 2013, however as far as I know, ANet hasn't publicly announced any changes to this policy.

Edited by BunjiKugashira.9754

ok so i got a reply and its just added even more confusion but i give up. cleary they dont care so w/e
Your tickeT has been escalated per your request. 

The ability to transfer servers once all characters had been deleted was an exploit that has recently been fixed. To avoid abuse of the exploit, we did not publicly acknowledge this method. Please know that information provided by other players or the player made Guild Wars 2 Wiki is not a representation of ArenaNet and any clarification on in-game methods should be discussed with the Guild Wars 2 Support team. 

Further, we do not have the ability to restore characters back to accounts as our policies have been updated. You can find our stance on the restoring deleted charters knowledge article. If you wish to transfer to a different server, you will need to follow the in-game policy and purchase the transfer as intended. 

Edited by bilbojj.1936

Yeah, the lie about not publicly acknowledging this method is easily disproven by the old forum archives.

Either ANet secretly changed their policy about this without telling anyone (in which case an official confirmation would be appreciated, so we can reference it in the updated wiki article), or the CS people who handled your ticket were utterly misinformed and made stuff up on the fly.

The part about recently "fixing" the "exploit" sounds like they changed the policy. Sucks to be the first one to find out and sucks even more to find out the way you did.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bilbojj.1936 said:

ok so i got a reply and its just added even more confusion but i give up. cleary they dont care so w/e
Your tickeT has been escalated per your request. 

The ability to transfer servers once all characters had been deleted was an exploit that has recently been fixed. To avoid abuse of the exploit, we did not publicly acknowledge this method. Please know that information provided by other players or the player made Guild Wars 2 Wiki is not a representation of ArenaNet and any clarification on in-game methods should be discussed with the Guild Wars 2 Support team. 

Further, we do not have the ability to restore characters back to accounts as our policies have been updated. You can find our stance on the restoring deleted charters knowledge article. If you wish to transfer to a different server, you will need to follow the in-game policy and purchase the transfer as intended. 

please link them the thread from 2013 were a developer talks about it.

then ask why this widley used exploit was not talked about and punished if it was so bad.

• Like 1

i have done mate they are completely ignoring it

Hello,

I do understand your confusion on this with finding that post. Please understand that the post you are referencing was from a very, very long time ago and no longer applies to how server transfers work today. Again we can't restore any characters that were deleted and we don't offer free server transfers. You will have to obtain the correct amount of Gems to transfer to another server. I can only suggest trying to find a lower populated server as it is cheaper to transfer to a server with lower population than it is to one that has a higher population.

Regards,

Senior GM Mighty Llama

Edited by bilbojj.1936

Thats total BS server transfers always worked that way, up untill some time ago we dont know how long that they decided to change it.

Pretty kitten to not even offer a rollback on account we know they can do this they done it before, you would lose less and they can say " we will do this once " since we were not clear with the change our bad.

Edit

And then an official update  should be posted on forum ( who am I kidding it will be om twitter as usual) and they can even change it on the wiki so they dont have to deal with any cases like it again.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

It's already been changed on the Wiki (by a player; it's rare a Dev edits an article). 

The policy for Account Restorations is, and always has been, for hacked accounts only.  Sigh.

I think these new policies have been put into practice since NCSoft West became more involved.  Maybe sometime around when the new EULA and Code of Conduct became instituted. 

It really is a shame. 

• Like 1