Untamed should copy the Chronomancer in playstyle and use

Mell.4873

First it goes without saying each pet family and each weapon should have their own unleashed skills.

The raid tank with Chronomancer has a lot of invulnerabilities and of course phantasms/clones. This allows them to tank in raids and generally avoid all damage in a fight if they can keep there clones up or go invulnerable.
Untamed should be able to replicate this by buffing the pet and preventing damage on them. The core ranger has one invulnerability with the Signet of Stone but i believe giving the new elite Forest's Fortification a 6 second invulnerability would help and allow it to apply to the pet as well.

The second change that will help with this Chronomancer playstyle is Alacrity and primarily Quickness, a certain pet family when unleashed should provide at least the quickness buff. Moa or bird family are the prime candidates, then provide the Warhorn in its unleashed version Quickness on 5

I believe this would truly make untamed unique and provide an alterative to Chronomancer tanking.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

Eeeeeh we just got a update basically saying raids no longer exist and strikes are becoming the future end game of EoD. 

I really don't think we should be demanding another specc dedicated to raid support. We already have druid which is basically raid exclusive. We don't need a second one. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 5:37 PM, Mell.4873 said:

First it goes without saying each pet family and each weapon should have their own unleashed skills.

The raid tank with Chronomancer has a lot of invulnerabilities and of course phantasms/clones. This allows them to tank in raids and generally avoid all damage in a fight if they can keep there clones up or go invulnerable.
Untamed should be able to replicate this by buffing the pet and preventing damage on them. The core ranger has one invulnerability with the Signet of Stone but i believe giving the new elite Forest's Fortification a 6 second invulnerability would help and allow it to apply to the pet as well.

The second change that will help with this Chronomancer playstyle is Alacrity and primarily Quickness, a certain pet family when unleashed should provide at least the quickness buff. Moa or bird family are the prime candidates, then provide the Warhorn in its unleashed version Quickness on 5

I believe this would truly make untamed unique and provide an alterative to Chronomancer tanking.

The devs are not going to create 70ish new skills total for pet families and weapons. 

Raids are dead, and some players have grown very tired of the raid design and balancing shoved into professions that screwed over 99% of the rest of the game's population and professions for every other mode.    

On 11/11/2021 at 1:20 PM, Swagger.1459 said:

The devs are not going to create 70ish new skills total for pet families and weapons. 

Raids are dead, and some players have grown very tired of the raid design and balancing shoved into professions that screwed over 99% of the rest of the game's population and professions for every other mode.    

They don't need completely new skills just offer each pet family a new skill merged with the old one. I mean any pet that is ranged or has ranged attacks should not be provided with a teleport for example. 

In regard to the raids I more ment a more tank like playstyle. Chrono can stay alive throught anything if geared right.