Legendary Armory and Envoy set

Balmung.7804

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That was 4 years ago, so after the armor was already released. They weren't talking like that when it was first announced, or when it was still being designed. It was not the original design, but exactly the effort they ended up putting into creating the transformating look design (and effort they did not predict) that ended up any hope for more sets.

So, pretty much exactly what i was saying in my previous post.

Legendary armor was implemented in 2017. 2017 + 4 is 2021. Meaning that is when it was first released

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That post was made on the legendary armor release day, so not sure how you can try dismissing that information in any way.

Release day, right. So, after they already knew they used close to two years of time to make it (with at least one year delay). And knew they won't be able to use that much time on any armor ever again.

So, how is that different than what i said the first (and second) time?

• Confused 3

56 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Release day, right. So, after they already knew they used close to two years of time to make it (with at least one year delay). And knew they won't be able to use that much time on any armor ever again.

So, how is that different than what i said the first (and second) time?

Different or not is not the point. Your initial response was wrong and it was looking for some weird justification for, well, who knows what? Here's what you've quoted and claimed it's "not entirely true":

23 hours ago, genjonah.1253 said:

when Envoy armor launched, it was supposed to be the be all and end all. There was not really intended to be other legendary armor at all.

But it is entirely true. When Envoy armor launched, it was supposed to be the only one. We were told about it... when it launched, as evidenced by the link @genjonah.1253 later provided.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, patton the great.7126 said:

It is both more expensive and much harder to attain the WvW sets. Why on earth would you want to cheapen your work by applying the Utube skin to our skills sets?

You mean your AFK set, because, up until recently, everyone who's that high rank in WvW to have gotten it just idled on an outnumbered map to get the pips.

24 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

You mean your AFK set, because, up until recently, everyone who's that high rank in WvW to have gotten it just idled on an outnumbered map to get the pips.

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. While there is (even still) the ‘ten minute reset’ option, to say that everyone did that when there are zergs and commanders and dedicated roamed active every day is not fair. WvW is a really fun mode, and you get higher ranks way faster by doing stuff. Being dedicated and active? You can go from zero to one legendary armor piece as far as the account bound stuff goes, but that required roughly (without outnumbered) 6 hours of just the Diamond tier, probably about 20 hours a week total dedicated to just one mode.

also needing to supplement the clovers, the gifts, the exorbitant price of memories of battle, and more, I just don’t think it’s fair at all to say it’s an ‘afk set’.

you could technically do the even more frustrating (as it would screw over four other people every match times dozens of matches per piece) thing in PvP, too, but even though it’s *technically* possible to do it there ‘afk’, I highly doubt the vast majority of those who have it obtained it through ‘afk-ing’

• Like 1

10 hours ago, genjonah.1253 said:

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. While there is (even still) the ‘ten minute reset’ option, to say that everyone did that when there are zergs and commanders and dedicated roamed active every day is not fair. WvW is a really fun mode, and you get higher ranks way faster by doing stuff. Being dedicated and active? You can go from zero to one legendary armor piece as far as the account bound stuff goes, but that required roughly (without outnumbered) 6 hours of just the Diamond tier, probably about 20 hours a week total dedicated to just one mode.

also needing to supplement the clovers, the gifts, the exorbitant price of memories of battle, and more, I just don’t think it’s fair at all to say it’s an ‘afk set’.

you could technically do the even more frustrating (as it would screw over four other people every match times dozens of matches per piece) thing in PvP, too, but even though it’s *technically* possible to do it there ‘afk’, I highly doubt the vast majority of those who have it obtained it through ‘afk-ing’

Clovers? You mean the ones from reward tracks in WvW that take about  8 hours to complete without boosts?   Also Memories of battle?  You get more than enough from just being in WvW.  Do you not like, actually pay attention to the rewards you get in WvW?  Getting up through diamond requires 20 hours of WvW and none of it guarantees pvp as you can jsut roam around capturing camps and sentries and never see another player or leave whenever you do see another player.  In that 20 hours, you got 5 clovers week if you do the semi-afk method on an outnumbered map before the update to that system. 

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Anyone that had high rank in the first place did not get it by idling on outnumbered map.

Yeah, they got it by Ktraining in EotM

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Clovers? You mean the ones from reward tracks in WvW that take about  8 hours to complete without boosts?   Also Memories of battle?  You get more than enough from just being in WvW.  Do you not like, actually pay attention to the rewards you get in WvW?  Getting up through diamond requires 20 hours of WvW and none of it guarantees pvp as you can jsut roam around capturing camps and sentries and never see another player or leave whenever you do see another player.  In that 20 hours, you got 5 clovers week if you do the semi-afk method on an outnumbered map before the update to that system. 

Yeah, they got it by Ktraining in EotM

I’m perfectly aware of the  rewards you get in WvW. Again, it is my favorite mode. Regarding the clovers you get from reward tracks- s you’ve said, it takes about 8 hours to get two clovers. So, in the 20 hours a week, you can get ~5. So, what about the other 10 per piece you need out of a six piece armor set? 

same with the memories of battle. You need at least 500 per armor piece. Which you do not get that amount just playing the roughly 20 hours per week.

both those need either supplementation through buying the materials (indirectly in the case of clovers) or taking several more weeks worth of playing

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

I’m perfectly aware of the  rewards you get in WvW. Again, it is my favorite mode. Regarding the clovers you get from reward tracks- s you’ve said, it takes about 8 hours to get two clovers. So, in the 20 hours a week, you can get ~5. So, what about the other 10 per piece you need out of a six piece armor set? 

same with the memories of battle. You need at least 500 per armor piece. Which you do not get that amount just playing the roughly 20 hours per week.

both those need either supplementation through buying the materials (indirectly in the case of clovers) or taking several more weeks worth of playing

*Sigh*You don't get enough tickets in one week to unlock a single piece of legendary gear.  In fact, let's do the maths so you can understand this clearly.

According to the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#Full_set_costs

There's 4 weeks (28 days) to get +7 clovers.  It takes you 29 weeks to get a single wvw armor set with just the tickets alone (Starting from nothing).  At 5 clovers a week, that's 145 clovers, or enough to make 9 pieces of armor with 10 left over.  This is before the daily login reward of +7 clovers at the end which is an additional 49 clovers.

The only thing you're correct on is that Memories of Battle don't line up with the required time to get the tickets as, if you're just completing enough to get the wiki estimated 135 memories a week, that's 15 more weeks of wvw to get a single set.  Still, at 29 weeks with 135 estimated memories a week, that comes out to  3,915 memories of battle.  This leaves you 2,085 memories short, and, if by some miracle, you don't have the gold for the remaining memories of battle from doing your dailies (29 weeks = 203 days which, at 2g a day for the daily, is 406 gold) and selling the mystic coins (~80 of them) you get from daily logins that you don't need because you have a ton of clovers, then I don't know what to tell you.

Fun fact, at current costs (20s 83c) 2085 memories of battle would cost you about 434g 30s 55c.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

*Sigh*You don't get enough tickets in one week to unlock a single piece of legendary gear.  In fact, let's do the maths so you can understand this clearly.

According to the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#Full_set_costs

There's 4 weeks (28 days) to get +7 clovers.  It takes you 29 weeks to get a single wvw armor set with just the tickets alone (Starting from nothing).  At 5 clovers a week, that's 145 clovers, or enough to make 9 pieces of armor with 10 left over.  This is before the daily login reward of +7 clovers at the end which is an additional 49 clovers.

The only thing you're correct on is that Memories of Battle don't line up with the required time to get the tickets as, if you're just completing enough to get the wiki estimated 135 memories a week, that's 15 more weeks of wvw to get a single set.  Still, at 29 weeks with 135 estimated memories a week, that comes out to  3,915 memories of battle.  This leaves you 2,085 memories short, and, if by some miracle, you don't have the gold for the remaining memories of battle from doing your dailies (29 weeks = 203 days which, at 2g a day for the daily, is 406 gold) and selling the mystic coins (~80 of them) you get from daily logins that you don't need because you have a ton of clovers, then I don't know what to tell you.

Fun fact, at current costs (20s 83c) 2085 memories of battle would cost you about 434g 30s 55c.

And again, the entirety of the point that I was making was your assertion that this is all done ‘afk-ing’. You’re not getting dailies done if you are afk-ing. None of those arguments or calculations have any bearing or evidence towards even a minority of people getting their legendary armor ‘afk-ing’

My apologies in the clovers part, I certainly dropped the ball in that calculation. That being said, personal attacks are unnecessary

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

And again, the entirety of the point that I was making was your assertion that this is all done ‘afk-ing’. You’re not getting dailies done if you are afk-ing. None of those arguments or calculations have any bearing or evidence towards even a minority of people getting their legendary armor ‘afk-ing’

My apologies in the clovers part, I certainly dropped the ball in that calculation. That being said, personal attacks are unnecessary

You have to refresh your participation every 10ish minutes.  Might as well flip that camp and sentry that's nearby.  It's as 'afk' as you can get in wvw and was basically the only way to get your pip tracks done in a reasonable amount of time.  It's also 'afk' in regards to the amount of time you spend actively playing the game.  Which is to say, in accordance to PvP and PvE armor, is substantially less.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

You have to refresh your participation every 10ish minutes.  Might as well flip that camp and sentry that's nearby.  It's as 'afk' as you can get in wvw and was basically the only way to get your pip tracks done in a reasonable amount of time.  It's also 'afk' in regards to the amount of time you spend actively playing the game.  Which is to say, in accordance to PvP and PvE armor, is substantially less.

Again- you can do it even worse in PvP. And just because one ‘might as well’ does not provide any evidence that even a minority do this for even a minority of the time

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

Again- you can do it even worse in PvP. And just because one ‘might as well’ does not provide any evidence that even a minority do this for even a minority of the time

That's the thing though; it's less that it was prevalent in pvp and that it was actually something that occurred regularly in wvw almost all the time.  I used to roam on outnumbered maps for the pips and lack of armor damage.  There were quite a few people in the home keep/towers just doing nothing. These people did sometimes bleed over to populated maps as well.  It's also not a token of skill, since you can fail upwards and still get it.  It's an armor for participation in a game mode much like how the PvP armor is.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1