Legendary Trinket Effects Update

On 12/2/2021 at 10:13 AM, Dami.5046 said:

Well i got the amulet last night. Shame you can't really see the effects through my aurora/vison auras. I don't mind flashy, so as we can turn it off, why couldn't of it been a bit more pronounced or at least made to work with the other trinkets? 

I am glad it doesn't have anything to do with the intrusive effects of the other trinkets, to be honest. I only got the others after it became possible to deactivate them.

Of course, they could have added an extra effect that would pop up only if you activated the other trinkets' effects.

• Like 1

I only just learned of this now, nearly a month late, but regardless of that delay I wanted to make sure to say: Thank you!! 

Thank you SO much, to all the devs who helped make this happen, for not giving up on something that meant so much to a significant portion of the player base. I know personally, this truly made my night to hear!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 12:52 PM, Ceryxobitus.3012 said:

Having watched the bit on the different elder dragon visuals for the new legendary weapons, any idea if the legendary amulet visual can be "upgraded" as well to align to one of the elder dragons??

I heard of this idea mentioned before too, and I absolutely love it. It would be neat to have variations/upgrades (which Anet could add in as achievements, to continue the prestige and value of legendary gear), like perhaps a red, cream/malt and black smokey effect on the Zhaitan variant of the Prismatic Champion's Regalia, etc.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 8:33 PM, Solaerin.8635 said:

Can this sort of checkbox be added to other legendary items as well? It would be great to be able to disable the projectiles on legendary weapons, for example.

That's a good point. The other day I was in WvW on my soulbeast ranger and I realized why more enemies were attacking me - they noticed the very bright, glowing arrows shooting at them from my Pharus longbow 😕 and as much as I love the longbow, it's sometimes a hindrance because of the shooting effects. It draws unnecessary attention to me, when it comes to the enemy, lol. It would be good to have an option to disable the legendary weapon shooting effects - even if it's just for situations like WvW and PvP in particular, where you don't want to draw attention to yourself. It's like with norn in WvW - the bigger you are, the bigger target you put on your back! It's something people don't often think about, which is probably why asura's are a good race to play when it comes to WvW and PvP - norn? Not so much XD

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Stx.4857 said:

Does anyone know if you can hide the rainbow from the return to living world amulet?  I don't have it yet but I'm working on it and I'll be very disappointed if I have to look at that.  Wiki doesn't say if it's toggleable.

Yes, there is a toggle and it works.

• Thanks 3

• 5 weeks later...

i'm kind of wondering if legendary effects of weapons will maybe have more animations for engineers.

I would love to see some of the legendary weapon animations affect for instance say the flamethrower, using the QUIP with a flamethrower kit? 

CONFETTI THROWER!

Using a bolt as a holo? sure let's make fancy effects for the photon forge, with the usage of so many kits, i think the engineer could really use a little leg up in regards to legendary effects.

• Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...