Removed the WvW participation grace time granted from repairing

HARDOFREADING.7298

22 hours ago, Reverence.6915 said:

Sitting on a treb for 30 minutes is fun and interactive gameplay

Spending 30 mins hitting on Braham and some crystals is fun and interactive gameplay. 

Spending 30 minutes farming trash baubles is fun and interactive gameplay.

Spending 30 minutes as a face in a crowd zerg where your contribution means nothing no matter how much you think it does, is fun and interactive gameplay. 

To some, it is. Why should it also have to float your boat? People play GW2 differently all over the place, Fashion wars is a thing you know, or is spending 30 minutes doing that boring to you as well? 
We all play GW2 differently. We should not be forcing a certain playstyle in any game mode, if someone wants to Treb for 30 minutes, LET THEM. That is how they play. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

,if someone wants to Treb for 30 minutes, LET THEM. That is how they play. 

Well good news, you can still treb.

Passive gameplay has been merely disincentivized, a minor nerf. Things like burning through 1000 supply repairing smc outer wall have long needed addressing. Personally, I'd rather see WvW returned to a financial net loss instead. But Anet took mercy.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Passive gameplay has been merely disincentivized, a minor nerf. Things like burning through 1000 supply repairing smc outer wall have long needed addressing. Personally, I'd rather see WvW returned to a financial net loss instead. But Anet took mercy.

Exactly.  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

Again, my 30 minutes is more time efficient than your zerg of 16+ people taking 2 minutes. How many catas/supply does it take to bring the outer down in 1-2 minutes?

Yeah, if there is nothing else happening and I know that the usual commanders/guilds will be on in X minutes, I will work on T3 SMC.

Why do you care how other people want to play anyway? Heaven forbid you just mind your own business and play how you like.

It is as engaging as following a zerg and standing in blue circles.

I am not the one stressed about losing the participation for it.  

You can sit on the treb all day. I don’t mind at all.  No one is telling you to join a Zerg or to roam or to do something else.  
🙂

Anet just told you that they aren’t going to give you participation for it, and that is a good thing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Exactly.  

Ok we all get it Strider, you hate wvw as a game mode and want it to die and be removed from the game. How dare it get better and people actually enjoy themselves right? How dare we want to pvp and play and have fun right? 
Cause not exactly, You CANNOT Treb for 30mins anymore unless you hope others come around, cause if they don't you lose rewards entirely. WvW as a game mode will DIE if they keep up with updates that only support mindless zerg drones like yourself. It already used to be such a better more fun game mode and updates like this last one has taken all the fun out. 

We should all be against updates that remove fun. How can you be for an update that removes fun? That means you want the game mode to die. They need to revert the grace period changes from the last patch or give us more options for grace period soon or it will leak players. Enjoy WvW when its you just YOU pvdooring all day. Anet already killed and ignored the pvp scene in this game, is wvw next? 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Ok we all get it Strider, you hate wvw as a game mode and want it to die and be removed from the game. How dare it get better and people actually enjoy themselves right? How dare we want to pvp and play and have fun right? ...

They didn't remove grace from kills, only from repairing and I guess hitting the wall. Pvp part of the mode is in no way affected.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Passive gameplay has been merely disincentivized, a minor nerf.

They also disincentivized some active gameplay in the process. I'm less inclined to solo towers now... something I've been doing regularly this linking since we get k-trained every night.

17 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Things like burning through 1000 supply repairing smc outer wall have long needed addressing.

This wasn't addressed. EBG is the only map that gives 10 minutes of grace time for defend events, so semi-afk repairing SMC, which frequently has defend events running, still works.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I am not the one stressed about losing the participation for it.  

You can sit on the treb all day. I don’t mind at all.  No one is telling you to join a Zerg or to roam or to do something else.  
🙂

Anet just told you that they aren’t going to give you participation for it, and that is a good thing.  

It's not stressful, it just means there is no incentive to invest the time anymore, so I won't bother.

Why is it a good thing? 

There were better options for them to fix AFK trebbing than to just make trebbing not award participation, which technically does not solve afk trebbing afterall. They could have just added a much faster inactivity disconnect while using a treb for example.

Edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

It's not stressful, it just means there is no incentive to invest the time anymore, so I won't bother.

Why is it a good thing? 

There were better options for them to fix AFK trebbing than to just make trebbing not award participation, which technically does not solve afk trebbing afterall. They could have just added a much faster inactivity disconnect while using a treb for example.

In the original dev commentary on the matter, they said "we're looking into diminishing returns for siege". But that's not what they implemented. We were expecting that you could treb for maybe 5mins then start to get less participation, but instead they just removed it entirely which is weird.

Sometimes I wonder if its not even intentional, especially since they didn't mention it at all.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Ok we all get it Strider, you hate wvw as a game mode and want it to die and be removed from the game. How dare it get better and people actually enjoy themselves right? How dare we want to pvp and play and have fun right? 
Cause not exactly, You CANNOT Treb for 30mins anymore unless you hope others come around, cause if they don't you lose rewards entirely. WvW as a game mode will DIE if they keep up with updates that only support mindless zerg drones like yourself. It already used to be such a better more fun game mode and updates like this last one has taken all the fun out. 

We should all be against updates that remove fun. How can you be for an update that removes fun? That means you want the game mode to die. They need to revert the grace period changes from the last patch or give us more options for grace period soon or it will leak players. Enjoy WvW when its you just YOU pvdooring all day. Anet already killed and ignored the pvp scene in this game, is wvw next? 

So..  Why exactly were you trending?…  For thirty minutes…  straight…..

To open SMC?  Or to get rewards!

• Confused 2

@Gorem.8104

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Neither if you have addressed getting a shared participation slot.  

Once again, if trebbing for 30 minutes is so valuable and efficient for your server, I am certain someone would give you a shared participation slot.

My guess is your server could care less.  That becomes a ‘you’ issue.  Not a game mode issue.

Ans spare me the ‘the game mode is gonna die because I can’t treb SMC for 30 minutes and get participation’.  

IF that is what is keeping the mode alive, then it’ll die a good death.

Touch base with me in a year.  I’ll still be playing.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Gorem.8104

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Neither if you have addressed getting a shared participation slot.  

Once again, if trebbing for 30 minutes is so valuable and efficient for your server, I am certain someone would give you a shared participation slot.

My guess is your server could care less.  That becomes a ‘you’ issue.  Not a game mode issue.

Ans spare me the ‘the game mode is gonna die because I can’t treb SMC for 30 minutes and get participation’.  

IF that is what is keeping the mode alive, then it’ll die a good death.

Touch base with me in a year.  I’ll still be playing.  

I stated multiple times that this is something you do to prep for when a commander arrives and there is nothing else going on. 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 7:52 PM, LetoII.3782 said:

Gw2 players expecting rewards:

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 7:03 AM, Shining One.1635 said:

They also disincentivized some active gameplay in the process. I'm less inclined to solo towers now... something I've been doing regularly this linking since we get k-trained every night.

This wasn't addressed. EBG is the only map that gives 10 minutes of grace time for defend events, so semi-afk repairing SMC, which frequently has defend events running, still works.

I mean exactly, this literally only punishes active players, haha. Just afk in smc when you own it for a few hours, watch one or two movies, and that's diamond done. Yet if you actively play you are constantly having troubles trying to keep it up as damage, and taking damage, and dieing, doesn't count, defending outside of ebg does nothing, and you are left with capping camps while you roam with 10 minute timers from camps dragging you back to them. 
When its harder for active players to get rewards then afk players, welcome to current wvw 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Dunno what you're talking about, if you're "actively" playing you wouldn't even need to look at your participation bar even as a support player. If' you're not capping camps or sentries or killing players while roaming.... what exactly are you doing? sight seeing?

So basically, you are doing the other form of afk'ing in wvw, camp flipping. And you find players 24/7 to kill every 10minutes? must be some incredibly active players who are all bad at the game. 
They are making it harder to get grace period by actively playing the game  by removing active activities from the grace period pool such as siege use and wall repair. They have done 0% to actual afk players in wvw. What they need to do next is remove EBG's defence tick and also remove grace period from capturing camps, that would finish the job right? 

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Gorem.8104 said:

So basically, you are doing the other form of afk'ing in wvw, camp flipping. And you find players 24/7 to kill every 10minutes? must be some incredibly active players who are all bad at the game. 
They are making it harder to get grace period by actively playing the game  by removing active activities from the grace period pool such as siege use and wall repair. They have done 0% to actual afk players in wvw. What they need to do next is remove EBG's defence tick and also remove grace period from capturing camps, that would finish the job right? 

Flipping a camp is now afking? wtf is this argument...

Do you hide in some corner of the map and never see other players?

Do you think roamers run back every 10 mins to objectives to get a wall repair in to refresh their participation?

You guys are making up every excuse not to play the game mode.

Stop hiding afk behind a wall and go out and do stuff in wvw for a change.

If you're actually active you'll get participation and the rewards, if you can't be bothered to play the game mode you shouldn't get it's rewards.

End of story.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Flipping a camp is now afking? wtf is this argument...

They're saying that there are people who only flip camps and do nothing else. From my experience, I do see a lot of players who only come to a nearby camp around spawn and flip it when RI is off, and then waypoint back to spawn waiting for the enemies to flip it again and wait for RI and then repeat the process. They also try to avoid enemies unless they're out numbering the enemies, and never defend. I got quite mad with these people a few times because they did not help defend nor even try to attack the enemies when they can just sit in the ring when the supervisor was dead.

From my experience, there are more players like this than afk repairing walls, and this is also a much more effective way to farm pips and reward track, because flipping camps gives 10 minutes which is way enough to repeat this process endlessly. They can also change map if the nearby camps in the current map are all theirs. Actually, you know, the enemies might be doing the same so this worked quite well.

I also have a small suggestion for everyone. Don't assume people complaining about this change want to afk repair walls. I think most of them doing so probably would never get on forum discussing anything, beside reading for information (maybe there's a better way to farm?) perhaps. We can be nicer to each others. Assume more positive intention and give more benefits of doubt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, godfat.2604 said:

They're saying that there are people who only flip camps and do nothing else. From my experience, I do see a lot of players who only come to a nearby camp around spawn and flip it when RI is off, and then waypoint back to spawn waiting for the enemies to flip it again and wait for RI and then repeat the process. They also try to avoid enemies unless they're out numbering the enemies, and never defend. I got quite mad with these people a few times because they did not help defend nor even try to attack the enemies when they can just sit in the ring when the supervisor was dead.

From my experience, there are more players like this than afk repairing walls, and this is also a much more effective way to farm pips and reward track, because flipping camps gives 10 minutes which is way enough to repeat this process endlessly. They can also change map if the nearby camps in the current map are all theirs. Actually, you know, the enemies might be doing the same so this worked quite well.

I also have a small suggestion for everyone. Don't assume people complaining about this change want to afk repair walls. I think most of them doing so probably would never get on forum discussing anything, beside reading for information (maybe there's a better way to farm?) perhaps. We can be nicer to each others. Assume more positive intention and give more benefits of doubt.

@Xenesis.6389has been playing the mode for a couple of weeks.  (/s for emphasis as it’s likely needed) I think he understands what people mean.

One or two may be meaning what you said, but let’s make something clear:  this was designed to eliminate people just sitting on a treb, or constantly repairing a wall and nothing else for participation.

If people are being active, this doesn’t impact their participation.   I spend a solid 50% or more of my play week running solo or with one or two others.  Have never had participation START to degenerate unless I truly left the keyboard.

Multiple threads have been created in the past to assist players in ways to get participation without a significant amount of time fighting other players if that is the main complaint.  The complaints about the change are honestly disingenuous.  It isn’t hard to keep participation up outside of a Zerg.  At all.

And once again…(less for the poster I quoted and more for some of the others). If you are being ‘useful’ as a scout, a commander will give you a participation spot.  If not?  Stop scouting and play.   

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

Nothing has changed in EB.

I repeat, NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Still 10 mins afk ime, still able to waste supply.  Spread the word  so they make this much appreciated change there too.

I actually posted it as a bug in the bugs forum.  It just needs to be consistent.  

Honestly don’t care which way they do it, as long as it’s the same between EbG and the BLs.

• Confused 1

I'll take 10 min camp flips over 10 min wall repair players any day. At least the person flipping camps needs to actually go to a camp  which helps in actually taking back stuff for your side and getting supplies, and not being an afk wall repairing supply drainer. Even before that they would have to work on getting their participation from T1-T6 and that no longer works with the most minimal effort in wvw of wall repairing or afk sieging.

I've been running around the past two months as a solo support scrapper, I don't even join squads, and I have no problem maintaining participation, even one zerg fight can get me to T6 using hammer 2 and 5, aoe poison, function gyro, in minstrels. When I'm not in those zerg fights I look for defense fights or recaps on stuff like sentries, camps, and tower flips.

The only legit complaint in 8 pages, is the fact that you no longer get participation from defense events on borderlands. That's broken, Anet needs to fix that immediately and not in 2 years down the road.

• Confused 2