Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

This is how I just got it to work. Right click on your gw2 shortcut, click Properties, then under Target put a space then type -windowed ,Apply, then go ahead and use your shortcut. This forces it into windowed mode (minimized) from which you can click on the fullscreen symbol on the top right.

• Like 1

I had this issue yesterday on 4 of my computers I was able to launch the game on all four this afternoon by running the GW2.exe as an Administrator. Now a few hours later and that process no longer works. Back to locking up entire computer and doing hard resets. Please fix this.

Edited by Grawl.3746
  • Thanks 1

For now I just put -windowed like this Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -windowed and it works. When I'm in game I just make it fullscreen and it works right now. I also have -autologin - bmp in their as well.  Someone on the forum suggested this I'm not taking credit for it. So if your that person, thank you! 😀👍

Edited by Tony.8659

I just experienced the same issue (sound but nothing launches), however, the game client worked just fine earlier in the day. I also just tried running the program as an administrator and it's working fine now. Maybe that can help some of you out as well

Edited by Patryk.8230
  • Like 1

I had same problem on launch earlier this week. Today, Game crashed with Network error. And then i couldnt launch. Now i can launch it only when running as admin but when i double Click my character it said Network error.

Edited by Gremy.5912

I did what one person said. I went to start menu, and "pinned" Guild Wars 2, by right clicking  it on the left side,  so it is now one of those blocks on the right side. Clicked that block of GW2 and it worked! Give it a try, you are not messing with computer or the software at all. 

Edited by Belgarath.1872

Since the patch on Tuesday, November 9th, whenever I disconnect, I cannot reconnect.  I log back in, hit play, and then nothing happens.  There is some sort of flash on my screen and then my whole computer becomes unresponsive except to CTRL+ALT+DEL and hitting sign out or shut down.  Since I have hourly disconnects, thanks to my awful I.S.P., this makes the game unplayable.

37 minutes ago, Grawl.3746 said:

I had this issue yesterday on 4 of my computers I was able to launch the game on all four this afternoon by running the GW2.exe as an Administrator. Now a few hours later and that process no longer works. Back to locking up entire computer and doing hard resets. Please fix this.

This is exactly my issue.

Was trying to fight just now in game, the window kept doing the shaky stuff and trying to quit on me, so I tried to go to full screen, and crashed. Sighs. To add insult to injury, I came back dead and had to use coins to port. Maybe a little thing the porting part, but...Please fix this. 😞

Edited by SimulationOfLife.4657

On 11/9/2021 at 12:20 PM, Brasetvik.1609 said:

I might have a fix, in windows 10 turn off "windows 10 game mode"

You can search for: Game mode
and should find it.

Still Anet should really fix this so we can run the game with Game Mode ON. 🧐

Turn off game mode works for me! Thanks for the save!

------------------------

Edit: Actually this only fixed one time, and unfortunately when I tried again,  it failed... 

Edited by Zoe.2164
adjust my inaccurate findings after repeated experiments.
  • Sad 1

Also 0 or almost 0 participation in wvw for me in the past few days, even after fighting and dying a few times. I know that's not this issue, but it seems to have started almost at the same time for me. Yes, I'm very sad about my game not working, but I'm also very sad to think going to wvw might be something I can not do anymore. I don't pvp, but went to wvw for achieves and now I want to stay. Why so many bugs all of a sudden ? 😞

• Sad 1

I had roughly the same issue as everyone else. The game "launched" with the intro music in the background and would not switch over to the game screen. I have a solution. If you're on 64-bit windows, right-click the gw2-64.exe file and run the compatibility troubleshooter and select the recommended settings. That is one way I got it to work.

I rolled back the Realtek PCIe GeB family network adapter to the previous driver and it now works just fine .

I have more than one PC capable of playing and I couldn't understand why one couldn't and I noted

the different adapters .

Easy possible fix and certainly worth a try - I had tried everything else before as others have pointed out .