Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

As of noon PST on 11/11: GW2 won't load for me, even if I delete bin64. It loads to a certain point in the background, and just freezes. Ctrl + Alt + Del works appropriately, but the freeze affects the Task Manager as well - I can't engage the Task Manager at all after I've loaded it.

8 minutes ago, Necronlord.6970 said:

Yeah. I have the very same problem. Sometimes it starts when I launch it in the Administrator mode, but that doesn't always work.

And yes, I tried all the fixes I could think of including re-installing the game. Nothing changed 😞

I d tried everything. but it worked when i tried it.

"Gw2-64.exe /clientport 80"

like why does it innately take control of my entire computer and block access to my desk top with no way of turning that crap off when i actually get in game?

its been years , and like, this trash still happens?

im going to have to uninstall your game and not look back

literally impossible to click the kittening screen when using task manager, i have to use keyboard commands,

didnt have these problems before, so you guys screwed something up, straight unplayable, unlaunchable game right now

• Thanks 1

Options->Graphic Options->Resolution

Select Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen there.

I can confirm Windowed shows the task bar, Windowed Fullscreen does not, just tested in game.

If this does not resolve the issue, can you provide more details as to what is happening or what you expect to happen?  It sounds like something changed for you recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolshie.6137 said:

As of noon PST on 11/11: GW2 won't load for me, even if I delete bin64. It loads to a certain point in the background, and just freezes. Ctrl + Alt + Del works appropriately, but the freeze affects the Task Manager as well - I can't engage the Task Manager at all after I've loaded it.

So to help with that part, it's not actually freezing Task Manager, but rather it's treating clicking anywhere on the screen as clicking back into the GW2 window. If you alt-tab GW2 or open the Task Manager, stick to only using the keyboard rather than the mouse, and things will work fine.

Yesterday, I could not login with or without admin mode, with or without full screen mode, with or without /port switches or anything.  Today, I could login (just now), and I have not changed a thing.  We'll see how long this lasts, because the behavior unpredictable.  No doubt, if I logoff I won't be able to login, again.

VERY DISAPPOINTING THAT WE HEAR NOTHING FROM ANET.  UPDATES PLEASE!