Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

Just chiming in, same issue.  Launcher runs, game "runs" and I see it in the task bar, but I never leave my desktop/graphics never load.  Audio loads so I can hear the char select music, and that's it.   Only options were to log out & back into my PC, or reboot.

Edited by Tyrsa.4981

Same issue, no addons and running on DX9 settings since DX11 gave me rendering issues in Living Story.

EDIT: Ran in Administrator solved the issue for me. However, I think it won't work for everyone given the responses above.

Edited by Ilgust.1206

Same problem. No addons.

This looks like a sound issue maybe: the game will launch just fine if the audio source is my HDMI monitor (via AMD driver) but 10/10 hangs without displaying the game window if the source is my Realtek audio driver.

BTW for those who can't kill the process from task manager: if you launch the window and can't click it, alt tab to the list, arrow down to the process, press delete. Might save you the system restart.

Interestingly, after attempting to log in for a fourth time, it finally worked.  Keep trying folks!

Just... don't alt-tab after you get in.  I did to post here, and the game then crashed and I sent the log to anet.

Edited by Tyrsa.4981
Update

9 minutes ago, Tyrsa.4981 said:

Just chiming in, same issue.  Launcher runs, game "runs" and I see it in the task bar, but I never leave my desktop/graphics never load.  Audio loads so I can hear the char select music, and that's it.   Only options were to log out & back into my PC, or reboot.

I'm having the same issue. Had to hard reset because I couldn't log out.