Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

with so many different issues happening from all different types of launch - works OK to lockups to mouse issues to all the others - in many cases no changes to the client side - I suspect its a server side issue.  I would not be surprised for that.  We can hope things get fixed in time for Friday reset.  

It's "downloading" almost 40k files.  I suspect it's actually just verifying most of them, and that's why it appears to be downloading so slowly.  We're all basically running a repair without being told as much. 😉

The game is playable ~20% through the patch.  Anyone try playing at that point?  I'm patiently waiting on my last 5% now.

Yay!  I got in on the first try!  I exited and restarted the whole thing and got in again!  I think it's fixed!  

Edited by Tyrsa.4981

20 minutes ago, Tyrsa.4981 said:

It's "downloading" almost 40k files.  I suspect it's actually just verifying most of them, and that's why it appears to be downloading so slowly.  We're all basically running a repair without being told as much. 😉

The game is playable ~20% through the patch.  Anyone try playing at that point?  I'm patiently waiting on my last 5% now.

Yay!  I got in on the first try!  I exited and restarted the whole thing and got in again!  I think it's fixed!  

Good, because I didn't see a fix for launching the game in the patch note!

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2021 at 12:40 PM, Silmalel.2538 said:

...Except that, as I said, Task Manager is rendered unusable, too. When the GW2 launch hangs, every other app I open also hangs, including Task Manager and the shut-down button on the Start window...

Well that isn't my experience. I could click on task manager to launch it after ctrl-alt-del. Even though task manager seemed unusable that was only the mouse being disabled in all the times I tried. If you typed "G" it would select the GW2 client process and then hitting the "DEL" key would delete it. That would take you back to a fully responsive computer where you could try to restart the GW2 client. Sometimes this didn't work but doing the task manger thing multiple times till it did was usually faster than doing 1 restart and getting all your windows back to the way they were just 1 time.

This might be a reach, but after this weird bug my computer has been consistently disconnecting from the internet and booting me from other games like it the problem we’re all currently having with GW2, but only for about a minute or so but it’s long enough to fully kick me out/disconnect me from whatever I’m doing or playing. The initial problem 100% came from Guild Wars be chase I was fine before this bug, but I was wondering if anyone else is still having a similar issue even though they apparently patched it or are working on a fix?