Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

7 minutes ago, MALK.9754 said:

Same problem. No addons.

This looks like a sound issue maybe: the game will launch just fine if the audio source is my HDMI monitor (via AMD driver) but 10/10 hangs without displaying the game window if the source is my Realtek audio driver.

BTW for those who can't kill the process from task manager: if you launch the window and can't click it, alt tab to the list, arrow down to the process, press delete. Might save you the system restart.

after trying to launch the game with different audio sources found one, that the game is able to launch with

hope they'll fix it soon tho

7 minutes ago, Tyrsa.4981 said:

Interestingly, after attempting to log in for a fourth time, it finally worked.  Keep trying folks!

Just... don't alt-tab after you get in.  I did to post here, and the game then crashed and I sent the log to anet.

Aaaand after that one "success" it is again failing to load.  First as before, audio only, no error.  Second, again, but with an error to send anet.  Third didn't even load, just immediately crashed with no messages.

The error references the game gw2-64.exe, and \Perforce\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Services\Handle\Handle.h(81)

Guess I'll go find something else to do for a few hours.

I get error as well, happened immediately after update:

from crash report log:

Nov 09 13:02:36 error: intercepted crash from gw2 assertion fail
Nov 09 13:02:36 error: assertion: "D:\Perforce\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Services\IdMgr\IdMgr.h", "index < m_refArray.Count()", 87
Nov 09 13:02:36 error: intercepted crash from hardware exception at "C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll +0x0000000000034F99"

Same failure to load game after logging in to launcher.  I don't leave my desktop, and I don't hear any audio from the game.  Alt tab does not close the game.  Open Task Manager to shut the game down, but then Task Manager freezes.  Have to restart pc.  Would like to see a tweet from Anet acknowledging the issue and possible ETA of a fix.  Thanks.

• Like 3

This has happened to me ever since the very first beta elite-spec preview. The launcher would launch for a second then immediately close. The first time i experienced this i had to totally uninstall the game and delete all data and reinstall.

Second time this happened was a patch after that first week, I want to say it was the Tuesday after that first beta happened. So, seeing how that worked the first time (though it gets VERY old having to delete/reinstall the game every time this happens) I continued to totally uninstall and delete all files. Downloaded the GW Installer only to have that do THE EXACT SAME THING. I couldn't even install the game because the launcher for the installer immediately closed. Came back to it a day or two later and was able to install the game and get it up and running again. Rinse repeat this scenario for every time Anet has implemented a patch/game update since that initial beta. I have posted every single time this has happened in the Bugs forum but have never had a real clear and concise answer.

And yes, now once again, I cannot open the game. The GW launcher opened and downloaded the update after the 11am update (central time) but as soon as it finished downloading the launcher closed and never opens and STAYS running.

At this point i don't know what to do. When this happens i go and make sure i have all the updated graphics drivers, restart, etc. This got old after the first 2 or 3 times it happened to me.

• Like 1