Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

1 hour ago, Brasetvik.1609 said:

I might have a fix, in windows 10 turn off "windows 10 game mode"

You can search for: Game mode
and should find it.

Still Anet should really fix this so we can run the game with Game Mode ON. 

This worked for me on the second try.

Meaning: Turn game mode off, start the game (it will freeze again), Ctrl+Shift+Esc, use keyboard to close game from task manager, open the game again. Sucess! (at least for me)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Same issue: Logged in fine, got into a map. Then realized I have dx11 and arcdps on.
Turned off dx11, exit game, deleted the 2 arcdps files.

Now starting gw2: Music plays and nothing else happens. The game monitor is also "frozen" - as in Gw2 is blocking the use of mouse on my main monitor.

4 minutes ago, James.3982 said:

Same issue: Logged in fine, got into a map. Then realized I have dx11 and arcdps on.
Turned off dx11, exit game, deleted the 2 arcdps files.

Now starting gw2: Music plays and nothing else happens. The game monitor is also "frozen" - as in Gw2 is blocking the use of mouse on my main monitor.

3 restarts and 4 attempts later, game just works. Did nothing different.

Guys!

This happens to me periodically (every few months) -- the solution I've used (including today) is to create a shortcut to the GW2 launcher, and append "/clientport 80" under the shortcut's target directory.

To do that, you can right-click the GW2 launcher icon --> select "Create Shortcut".  (I typically rename that to GW2 Port 80 and drag that to my desktop)

Right-click the shortcut and select --> Properties.  Under the Shortcut tab Target field, you'll see your local directory path.  Append /clientport 80 (note the forward slash) so it reads:

"[Directory]\Gw2.64.exe" /clientport 80

There's also a wiki article about command-line arguments, if you'd like to read further:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

I couldn't tell you exactly why it works, what issue it solves, or even where I originally came across the solution!  But hopefully it might help someone get back in.

Good luck!

Edited by Errerprone.7035
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1