Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

1 minute ago, TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:

Renamed them to what?

My theory was that something in my settings or cache was incompatible with the latest version of the game. With renaming the gw2 related maps in the appdata map (which is a hidden windows map)  i basicly said to the game to make those again. 

After starting the game it recreates those maps with default settings.

So far:

Failed to log in 3 times with the audio/no video problems, got in on the 4th.  Alt-tabbed and the game crashed w/error to report.  Sent.

All subsequent attempts to log in have failed, 90%+ with no error, just freezing with audio playing.

All of these have done nothing for me despite working for some others (#2 is my own addition):

1. Forced -windowed mode via command line argument;
  2. Forced -nosound via command line argument;
  3. Turning off Game Mode in Windows 10;
  4. Running as Admin;
  5. Renaming cache file folders.

Have not attempted any combinations of the above.  Have done multiple full reboots as well as just user log outs or "new desktop" workarounds to get to task manager to close the game.  #5, because the game never successfully runs and has to be improperly shut down, means that the launcher can't "remember" my username and pw to log in now, so I've only succeeded in making my login attempts more annoying.

Edited by Tyrsa.4981

Ok, I just fixed this for myself.

Renamed the gw2-64.exe --> gw2-64.exe.old in the main game directory.  This is the main game .exe, NOT the launcher.

Run launcher, which immediately replaces a the now missing gw2-64.exe file.  Run game.  Works, finally!  GL all!

Glad im not the only one this weird bug for a moment thought it was a virus or something. I even updated my gpus driver for 1660. Guess i will watch this and hope Anet fixes the bug. Guess i will just play my ps3 until we get a fix on this bug lol. Btw windows 10 user.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631

8 minutes ago, Lechtrixx.1053 said:

I confirm this.

Since patch, game will not launch after logging in.

Ran the Repair.exe and could get into game a few minutes, then game caused whole system lockup with only recourse to power down and reboot.

Was about to try this myself then i decided to do a search given i never did that before to see people are having same issue sound in background no picture and cant alt tab out or anything so forced to restart pc.

1 minute ago, TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:

Honestly I think the best thing to do is wait until Anet pushes out a patch. That's what I'm doing, at least. I know others have suggested fixes but they don't appear to be universal fixes.

Thats what im planning myself truth be told im just relieved others has same issue atm. No point in risking further damage or escapes in futility over a bug that they will eventually work out.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631
  • Like 2