Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

Im having the same problem, i tried almost everything sugested on the forum/reddit. My game still not passin throught the logging area, sadly. The one thing that actually made me enter the game was putting -dx 11 on the shortcut name, but im still crashing afterwards.

1 minute ago, MarySueLlama.8136 said:

Still not working for me either 😞  I was hoping for a response by someone from the team at this point, somewhere, just to acknowledge that they're aware of the problem, if nothing else.  Was looking forward to playing today.

2 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Hello all, I just want to leave a quick note that some people are looking into this and trying to chase down a fix. 

• Like 1

Same issue here after todays patch. I have the same issue on 4 different computers in my home. After hitting play my entire Desktop locks up. I can here the music from the character selection screen in the background but the desktop just becomes unresponsive and I must reset the computer to regain control. It would be nice to hear some official word from Anet on this issue.

Adding my experience here: I'm having the same issue as everyone, but starting the game in window mode (adding -windowed from the command line) seems to make it work, but as soon as you try to maximize the window it will crash

It's also being discussed here:

Just FYI, I'm playing on Linux with Lutris

10 minutes ago, Longpoke.8290 said:

renamed to what?

whatever you want.  you're just getting it out of the way.  without it's original name, the game can't find it and will download a new one.  You could move it out of the folder if you want instead.  Or throw it in your recycle bin.  All the same thing really.  All can be restored if it doesn't help, just undo it.

Same issue here. I've done repair client. My anti virus is off, I have to do that now for updates since download before this one or else it just disappears into thin air. I've been trying to "figure it out" for hours now. I have no add ons. It freezes my pc up have to force shut down. NEVER had any issues for years now until update before this one when it started. Ugh here we go again wth     : (

Edited by AzureIsis.1940