Return to, Treasure Hunter

16 minutes ago, linamaria.1830 said:

Is this workaround confirmed?

I'm actually thinking it doesn't  A person on Reddit said it did.  But since the achievement is account wide I'd say its more likely just opened on all characters (I did a kitten on alt character I was running Forging Steel on to test and left the instance before story update so just gonna wait for a fix myself I hope).  It seems more likely to be like the Illama achievement bug before.

Workaround confirmed: do it on a toon that has not unlocked the chests before. If you don't have an extra toon that has gone though Forged Steel already to get to Darkrime Delves, find a buddy that has and just enter their instance on your toon that has not unlocked the chests. 

Edited by Lady of Chaos.2514
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Katreyn.4218 said:

I'm actually thinking it doesn't  A person on Reddit said it did.  But since the achievement is account wide I'd say its more likely just opened on all characters (I did a kitten on alt character I was running Forging Steel on to test and left the instance before story update so just gonna wait for a fix myself I hope).  It seems more likely to be like the Illama achievement bug before.

Just ran the episode with a new character (alone) and it worked!

• Thanks 1

Just run done Darkrime Delves with a guildmate. Neither of us could open any of the chests in the instance which, after having read the above posts, appears to be due to the fact that we have opened them in the past on these characters.

I personally believe that a lot of this stems from Anet not testing content on stand alone/non Developer accounts.

They probably just create a character and run it through the story to see if the added achievments work which, looking at the history of all the cockups with the "return to" achievements like the Llamas, they do on new characters - hence Q&A pass it as fit for release, when it isn't.

The workaround is good if you have a character that hasn't done this part and/or a new character slot to create one. Neither of which should really be required.

Needs fixing.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, linamaria.1830 said:

Is this workaround confirmed?

Yes, i started the story with a toon that hadn't done it before and went through forging steel and darkrime and chests were there.  For now, it has to be a toon that has not done the story until Anet decides to fix it (or not).

On 11/9/2021 at 1:30 PM, Lady of Chaos.2514 said:

Workaround confirmed: do it on a toon that has not unlocked the chests before. If you don't have an extra toon that has gone though Forged Steel already to get to Darkrime Delves, find a buddy that has and just enter their instance on your toon that has not unlocked the chests. 

This worked. Thanks!