Guild Wars 2 - Vision Impairment - The Perfect Profession?

kopite.1679

Hi All, 

i was hoping for some advise from all you lovely people regarding Guild Wars 2 professions/Gameplay/Build.  

I've been playing on and off since the game came out, i played Elementalist.  However in the last 2 years

I've been living with vision impairment that effects my gaming and reaction times. 

What I find is that the game is becoming "unfun" and frustrating for me with the high amount of movement and enemy telegraphed attacks that i  will 

see late, or not at all. In GW2 this can be fatal as the damage and health pools of your characters are often compromised resulting in character death.  I really want to enjoy the game and experience all it has to offer within my physical limitations as it really is a great game.  

Instead of complaining, or go all "Woe is Me" about this i want to know if there's the profession that's more survivable that any of the others?  i seek the input and advise 

of the GW2 community in trying determine if there's a profession with enough leeway to afford me time to survive encounters without smashing the heal button and the dodging  all the time. I'd prefer it be a ranged option as i just can't see properly in Melee range.  Also if there's any tips to assist with making things easier to target that would be helpful too 

Also i will mention i have already got all the QoL and accessibility options enable for the game so on a settings front I've got things sorted there.  

Is there hope for me yet? or time to pack it in and accept GW2 is just not for me anymore 

Thanks for your Time 

K

Probably something like:

a) Scourge, which will allow you to pretty easly simuiltaneously damage enemies from range, while spamming barrier. Throw in some bonus minions so they can take the mobs focus from you

b) ranger, mainly because of ranged +pet taking the attention of the mobs

c) mirage, where you leave the clones up so they take similar roles as the pets/minons from above

d) after EoD release, mechanist. Because mech.

You can also browse through "low intensity builds" on the bottom of this list: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World  and maybe you'll find something that'll fit you.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Probably something like:

a) Scourge, which will allow you to pretty easly simuiltaneously damage enemies from range, while spamming barrier. Throw in some bonus minions so they can take the mobs focus from you

b) ranger, mainly because of ranged +pet taking the attention of the mobs

c) mirage, where you leave the clones up so they take similar roles as the pets/minons from above

d) after EoD release, mechanist. Because mech.

You can also browse through "low intensity builds" on the bottom of this list: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World  and maybe you'll find something that'll fit you.

As an old player with slow reaction times that tend toward the sluggish, I had to find durable builds or I would never have lasted in this game. The two that work best for me are a hammer wielding revenant of either specialization and a staff wielding, minion master reaper. They work well for me in everything from WvW to the Living World stories and their associated maps.

During the mechanist beta, some of my guildies and I did some dungeon runs where we all used the mechanist with its mech. Even though that was the first time we all used that profession and none of us had any idea how to really play it, the mechanist was both great fun and very durable. Oh, and the suggestion for checking out Metabattle's Low Intensity builds is an excellent one. They have some really creative builds there that tend to be very, very durable.

• Like 1

The tankiest of all classes is likely Scrapper, as its the game's de facto bruiser, tank & support spec. Other classes try to do similar things but don't really match up, especially in competitive modes. Since Scrapper now provides Quickness, its often accepted into group content as well without much of a fuss.

The easiest class in open-world is Minion Reaper. Full Minion kit, except one swapped out for "Rise" Shout, combined with Lich Runes and Minion traits. Usually run with Power damage, but if you build with Shaman's gear with condis (Bleed-Blind-Chill synergy), it can survive forever.

Scourge is also an option but is more glassy despite Barriers, due to lacking a true Shroud.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1

I totally agree the reaper can be very good for you, it has ranged damage, you can send minions to fight for you, you also have a double life bar. You can use armor attributes that give you toughness which will make you practically invincible. Necro also has a friendly rotation, the scourge can also be good, you can put on a shroud without showing shadows and damage only with closeness, that will depend on the build you have. However scourge is much more dependent on others because he is very weak

Source: I am main necro in pvp and wvw

9 hours ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

Necro Scourge Minion Master is also supposed to be a really durable build.  I don't play MM on either of my necros, but I have friends that swear by both the Reaper and Scourge MM.

I play a Scourge MM for WvW and most group content where I have to be sure of pulling my weight, and I swear by it as well.  Reaper MM works OK, especially in PVE, but Scourge does a better job managing mobs.  I use staff, with a backup axe/torch; staff for distance mob control, and the higher damage axe/torch for when something gets too close, and it works well for me.

• Like 1

Hello, Metabattle have something than you can be interested in. It's called Low Intensity build. Me and friend have tryed some and their very resilient and chill to play.

=> https://metabattle.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Open_World_LI_builds&action=edit&redlink=1

So far the most pleasing we've try : 
- Warrior : powerhouse, lot of buff, lot of passive healing, very good dmg and so tanky (+ton of CC on back bar)
- Engineer : I've play it until I unlock the 2 elite spe. Less dmg but also very chill, perma stability, ton of buff, good amount of CC and mobility.
- Necro : Well, even a new like me know, doesn't matter which one, it's hard to die with it, but we didn't as much fun as the two other.
Didn't try the other so can't tell you ! But you should really give it a go !