When is GW2 going to get decent framerates like ESO.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, Redfeather.6401 said:

ESO released multi-threaded renderer months ago and it's like a whole new game I get constant 60fps while v-sync is on and I have max shadows, view distance and screen space global illumination on and that doesnt' come cheap and my computer is 7 years old!

GW2 I can't even get 30fps as it runs so poorly on my PC I have to wonder if they even know how to optimize the game. Should I buy a new computer or stick with ESO! I'm one person who is in the same  position as millions of people! Pay attention to these things Arenanet!

Bro like eso? Are you serious? Lol many are giving up on their servers right now, if would of said another game then I would have believed you.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:52 AM, Redfeather.6401 said:

ESO released multi-threaded renderer months ago and it's like a whole new game I get constant 60fps while v-sync is on and I have max shadows, view distance and screen space global illumination on and that doesnt' come cheap and my computer is 7 years old!

GW2 I can't even get 30fps as it runs so poorly on my PC I have to wonder if they even know how to optimize the game. Should I buy a new computer or stick with ESO! I'm one person who is in the same  position as millions of people! Pay attention to these things Arenanet!

I mean yeah if you go to massively populated areas in gw2 you'll lag. Eso open world is largely dead there's simply no reason to return unless you're going on a chest farming route for a gear set. The main difference for me is that anet seems to actually be trying to improve their game as where ESO just adds new content doesn't fix anything that's broken and it's caused the game to stagnate. 

Go visit cyrodiil at peak time in ESO. You'll get bad fps and the game server lags so horrendously that your skills don't go off for 4 seconds after you pressed them. And the game balance in this mode never changes. You're either a broken stam class or your a kitten mag class abusing broken procs to let the game kill people for you because your class can't do it otherwise.

Not only that but the game is notorious for bugs that constantly affect players. There's been a bug for like 2 years now where you'll get stuck in combat for like 15 minutes and not be able to mount. It occurs in PvE solo too for no apparent reason, but occurs most commonly in cyrodiil when you heal someone and they attack a player and then that player doesn't die. 

And if you think gw2 open world is trivial wait until you start one shotting enemies in ESO in the open world.

And despite all that even though vet content is fairly good the gear meta for healers and tanks pretty much has never changed and people will leave your lfr group if you don't have it simply because that gear increases group dps substantially and the rest of the gear sets are irrelevant because you already heal so much just from putting everything into magicka AND most classes having self sustain that sets that increase your throughput are virtually worthless and tanks are just gonna perma block anyways so they can only really die through heals if they fail a mechanic and get one shot. 

Oh yeah and then there's the people who think they're playing Skyrim and constantly moan that they can't like solo trials or something. 

I'm not trying to say ESO isn't worth playing, but the devs don't value anyone's time or commitment and are overall just worse than arenanet and gw2, so implying that ESO is somehow better is not really true.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hallow.7368 said:

I mean yeah if you go to massively populated areas in gw2 you'll lag. Eso open world is largely dead there's simply no reason to return unless you're going on a chest farming route for a gear set. The main difference for me is that anet seems to actually be trying to improve their game as where ESO just adds new content doesn't fix anything that's broken and it's caused the game to stagnate.

Outside of farming map specific currencies for ascended trinkets & world bosses/dailies, there's no reason to revisit maps in GW2, especially true for core Tyria.  Drizzlewood and Silverwastes are an exception, not the rule.  Objectively, ESO has less framerate issues in group content than GW2 does.  ESO on a machine with current hardware that's at least a moderately decent gaming rig keeps steady through groups of 5-24 players.  IT starts to fall off after that, but almost any MMO with more than 24 players displayed will start to chug.

Go visit cyrodiil at peak time in ESO. You'll get bad fps and the game server lags so horrendously that your skills don't go off for 4 seconds after you pressed them. And the game balance in this mode never changes. You're either a broken stam class or your a kitten mag class abusing broken procs to let the game kill people for you because your class can't do it otherwise.

Proc sets were disabled in cyrodil for some time now.  Also, the obnoxious builds only show their face in Champion Point Cyro as champion points can cover up an obvious weakness.

Not only that but the game is notorious for bugs that constantly affect players. There's been a bug for like 2 years now where you'll get stuck in combat for like 15 minutes and not be able to mount. It occurs in PvE solo too for no apparent reason, but occurs most commonly in cyrodiil when you heal someone and they attack a player and then that player doesn't die.

Are we just going to ignore the plethora of event stalling bugs throughout Core Tyria?  How about the bugs within dungeons that can cause progress to halt that have been there since the launch of GW2? Raid bugs?  Fractal bugs?

And if you think gw2 open world is trivial wait until you start one shotting enemies in ESO in the open world.

As someone who's played both magicka and stamina DPS in ESO, there's not a point where you oneshot mobs.  Maybe one combo, but that's no different than GW2.

And despite all that even though vet content is fairly good the gear meta for healers and tanks pretty much has never changed and people will leave your lfr group if you don't have it simply because that gear increases group dps substantially and the rest of the gear sets are irrelevant because you already heal so much just from putting everything into magicka AND most classes having self sustain that sets that increase your throughput are virtually worthless and tanks are just gonna perma block anyways so they can only really die through heals if they fail a mechanic and get one shot.

The gear for GW2 healers, tanks, and DPS hasn't changed either.  As a healer you still take enough harrier's to get to 100% uptime on important boons, tanks still take the minimal amount of toughness possible for an encounter, and DPS use either Berserker+Assassin's or Viper's+Sinister depending on power or condition damage focus.

Also tanks do much more than just hold block.  They have to cyckle their damage shields and damage reductions, know when to dodge, when to kite, and when to block while managing their resources and buffing the team.

Oh yeah and then there's the people who think they're playing Skyrim and constantly moan that they can't like solo trials or something.

Those are just the same people that come to GW2 and expect everything to be solo-friendly.

I'm not trying to say ESO isn't worth playing, but the devs don't value anyone's time or commitment and are overall just worse than arenanet and gw2, so implying that ESO is somehow better is not really true.

Honestly, they're about the same in terms of quality, there's just a handful of differences that can make or break playing either.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Outside of farming map specific currencies for ascended trinkets & world bosses/dailies, there's no reason to revisit maps in GW2, especially true for core Tyria.  Drizzlewood and Silverwastes are an exception, not the rule.  Objectively, ESO has less framerate issues in group content than GW2 does.  ESO on a machine with current hardware that's at least a moderately decent gaming rig keeps steady through groups of 5-24 players.  IT starts to fall off after that, but almost any MMO with more than 24 players displayed will start to chug.

I mean you can not believe me or whatever, but you will 100% see less people in open world in ESO than GW2. GW2 has a bunch of collections and dailies  that actually reward you and they go back to old maps. ESO? I can run around stonefalls see a couple people maybe leveling or maybe someone power leveling their antiquities or whatever that system was called, but aside from completing the map for basically no reward. And I mean yeah you'll lag in any super large multi player pieces of content but a lot of it in GW2 is from old DX9 and some other things and they're working on DX11 currently which I have seen massive improvements with.

5 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Proc sets were disabled in cyrodil for some time now.  Also, the obnoxious builds only show their face in Champion Point Cyro as champion points can cover up an obvious weakness.

Which is objectively bad. Proc sets are the only thing that keep mag classes even close to the same power level as stam. Why play magblade in pvp when stamblade is more durable, has better sustain, deals more damage AND has a better execute because of 2h. Besides that there's what like 15 or 16 sets available because even even things like seducer as spaghetti coded as procs. Let's not forget how HORRIBLE cyro server performance is either. I play Cyro for the large scale pvp so going to to non-cp campaigns means it's more likely to be dead outside of prime time. ZOS just need to fix their servers. Ball groups in cyro are also just stupid and completely out of hand. Large coordinated groups in WvW are more akin to normal zergs in ESO and are actually manageable. There's also the issue where siege in cyro outside breaking a keep is worthless. People will just purge the debuff and sit under a siege shield. 10 people on the ground should not be more effective than 5 oils against a group stacking on a ram. Most importantly though the rewards are astronomically bad. You get a bunch of gear coffers for kitten gear (most can't even be used in no proc ironically enough) and some gold. WvW is better in pretty much every aspect and anet is even working on improving it as where zos lets it stagnate.

Are we just going to ignore the plethora of event stalling bugs throughout Core Tyria?  How about the bugs within dungeons that can cause progress to halt that have been there since the launch of GW2? Raid bugs?  Fractal bugs?

You act like these are anything compared to ESO. Falling through the ground, getting stuck, not being able to do anything that requires being out of combat for 15 minutes, quests literally NOT working and persisting like that for weeks. Class passives that don't work correctly for years, etc etc.

As someone who's played both magicka and stamina DPS in ESO, there's not a point where you oneshot mobs.  Maybe one combo, but that's no different than GW2.

I can kill an enemy before they even start moving towards me to attack me. You can pull half of skyreach as a low level and survive and kill them all and that's content meant for multiple characters.

The gear for GW2 healers, tanks, and DPS hasn't changed either.  As a healer you still take enough harrier's to get to 100% uptime on important boons, tanks still take the minimal amount of toughness possible for an encounter, and DPS use either Berserker+Assassin's or Viper's+Sinister depending on power or condition damage focus.

Also tanks do much more than just hold block.  They have to cyckle their damage shields and damage reductions, know when to dodge, when to kite, and when to block while managing their resources and buffing the team.

It's a completely different gear system. GW2 isn't constantly adding new armor set effects to their game. Maybe EoD will add a new prefix that'll become meta maybe they won't, but a major feature of the game is the fact that you don't need to replace armor. ESO has a failed hybrid of the GW2 model and a gear treadmill model. You don't get higher level gear the devs just have to power creep the final set bonus if they want it to get used it inevitably moves the power creep along. Monster sets and the orange gear (antiques? cant remember) are evidence of that.

Those are just the same people that come to GW2 and expect everything to be solo-friendly.

If they exist I have yet to see them as where they're everywhere in ESO.

Honestly, they're about the same in terms of quality, there's just a handful of differences that can make or break playing either.

I just can't see the merit in playing a game with massive server issues, horrible trading system. horrible pvp and no main story that constantly progresses due to how they made the game.

• Like 4

And what i also want to say that Open World in Eso is boring. I mean the mobs die faster than Lightspeed. This may appeal some newbies but for vets with over 400 Champ Points it is pretty boring. There is simply no challenge  outside of maybe Worldbosses which you do 1 time for map comp. The rest is dungeon crawling and raiding what u saw in X other games and cyro yeah lagfest with a joke Balance. Here i really can say that Gw 2 makes a better job. Eso isn't a bad game but it isn't also a very good Game. It is to clunky and the combat system with that weaving a complete joke compared to Gw 2.  MMO Devs should simply stop with copypaste gameplay from the 00s and 90s. Peoples want a modern MMO experience and something new. Gw 2 has outside of the big five MMOS the best Combat System to date and a new fresh Event based gameplay rather than simple quests. Also the Mounts are without any doubt the best ones ever introduced in a MMO.  Gw 2 is also the cheapest of all of them. No Sub, and Gems u can buy with ingame Gold + All LS episodes are free to get. Which other MMO has such a Paymodel? None.  Sure there are flaws yeah even many. One of them is now under work (Dx11) and we can hope that Anet can fix the performance problems with it. 

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 12:39 PM, Hallow.7368 said:

A lot of ill-informed things about ESO

I don't believe you because I've been playing that game.  The problems you list in your post are exaggerations at best.  ESO runs better because, flat out, it was designed with a huge open world shared with many players at once in mind and has mroe graphical fidelity than GW2 does.  There's a lot you can shift around and change in ESO's settings.  That huge open world does come with drawbacks.  Each map takes forever to load in comparison to GW2's maps.  GW2 is, with Dx11, hopefully getting a similar treatment with its engine and rendering as ESO did with its upgrade to Vulkan and such.  ESO has minimal issues running on modern hardware.  Personally, I've seen zero big complaints about "I just upgraded my pc to Win10 with a 3070 (or modern GPU) and an i9 processor (or other modern processor) and I only get  30 fps standing in (city)" when it comes to ESO vs GW2 that didn't fall back to incorrect settings on the PC.  Meanwhile, there have been genuine instances in GW2 where someone upgrades their OS, GPU, or CPU (Same hardware and everything) and the game just starts chugging when it worked fine before.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

I don't believe you because I've been playing that game.  The problems you list in your post are exaggerations at best.  ESO runs better because, flat out, it was designed with a huge open world shared with many players at once in mind and has mroe graphical fidelity than GW2 does.  There's a lot you can shift around and change in ESO's settings.  That huge open world does come with drawbacks.  Each map takes forever to load in comparison to GW2's maps.  GW2 is, with Dx11, hopefully getting a similar treatment with its engine and rendering as ESO did with its upgrade to Vulkan and such.  ESO has minimal issues running on modern hardware.  Personally, I've seen zero big complaints about "I just upgraded my pc to Win10 with a 3070 (or modern GPU) and an i9 processor (or other modern processor) and I only get  30 fps standing in (city)" when it comes to ESO vs GW2 that didn't fall back to incorrect settings on the PC.  Meanwhile, there have been genuine instances in GW2 where someone upgrades their OS, GPU, or CPU (Same hardware and everything) and the game just starts chugging when it worked fine before.

I mean if I'm honest I don't really care if you believe me or not lol. I have had and played the game since 2016 and ESO is at the worst it's ever been right now. No one cares if you're getting better fps if the servers are literally exploding. Do you know what the pop cap at release was for Cyrodiil? Somewhere around 500. Do you know what it is now? Somewhere around 75. ZOS has continually lowered the cap in the shadows. They KNOW the server performance is abysmal, but won't do anything about it. If you want to commit yourself to a dead end game that's only going to add new content until it completely dies and never fix it's long standing issues then go right ahead I do not care. I however am just trying to generally inform people that the game isn't some kind of amazing masterpiece like the picture you paint just because "fps good" I have almost never had fps issues with eso even with my 1050 TI, but instead they want to create multithreaded rendering instead of fixing this horrible server performance? No thanks. I'm not saying GW2 is perfect by any means, but the anet devs do more frequent updates, are more transparent and responsive on the forums and most importantly actually seem like THEY CARE. I remember when I first started playing there was multiple large posts about them and their efforts to fix server performance issues that was causing connection lag and it seemingly has worked because I have never had ping spikes even when in WvW and all the map was in one area. And now they're working on DX11.

Also calling me "uninformed" when I have most certainly played the game longer and have way more experience than you over many years is just cringe, lol. I have pretty much quit the game now and so have plently of my friends over the last 3 years. Zos is pretty much the worst of the worst.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1