Congrats to Anet and the GW2 team! Best Quarter in a long time!

Opopanax.1803

Good work all.  I will continue to support you as a company... you have a good thing here with GW2 and good to have @Colin Johanson.8310back!

Now if only we could update some old skills and traits... :D

Here is the article from MassivelyOP: 

https://massivelyop.com/2021/11/11/ncsoft-q3-2021-financials-guild-wars-2-just-had-its-best-quarter-in-years/

Congrats again!

Edited by Opopanax.1803
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

You must be joking.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/104416-cant-launch-game-after-the-november-9-2021-update/page/28/?tab=comments#comment-1509888

28 pages of people unable to log in since 9th November Patch and not ONE SINGLE post from Anet on their own forums explaining

A) Why its happening
B) What they are going to do about it

Total radio silence.

Actually I thought someone was in there yesterday, but it's buried in the thread.

It's frustrating not to be able to play or having the game crash, but beating Anet folks over the head about it isn't going to help fix it.

Grumbles ... goes off to do RL stuff ... I'm BORED

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The new assessment with the famous Q3 which contains the launch of EoD in pre-purchase with the deluxe / collectors.

It's pretty downright mediocre ... Going from 16 to 19k, not even 20% increase. Besides the previous expansions had a much larger increase and PoF had risen to 25k. There's really 0 hype for the extension.

https://i.redd.it/sorpps2fdzy71.jpg

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 4

https://massivelyop.com/2021/11/11/ncsoft-q3-2021-financials-guild-wars-2-just-had-its-best-quarter-in-years/

'We’re assuming that End of Dragons preorders aren’t realized in these figures yet, but the summer reveals and recent expansion beta events, coupled with the mass-exodus from a certain rival MMORPG, have pushed players to the game with their wallets in tow. All in all, it’s an excellent place to be as ArenaNet marches on to its February 2022 launch.'

Took a 5 second Google...

Edited by Thereon.3495
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

The new assessment with the famous Q3 which contains the launch of EoD in pre-purchase with the deluxe / collectors.

It's pretty downright mediocre ... Going from 16 to 19k, not even 20% increase. Besides the previous expansions had a much larger increase and PoF had risen to 25k. There's really 0 hype for the extension.

https://i.redd.it/sorpps2fdzy71.jpg

A random jpg file is of course a great source 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

You must be joking.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/104416-cant-launch-game-after-the-november-9-2021-update/page/28/?tab=comments#comment-1509888

28 pages of people unable to log in since 9th November Patch and not ONE SINGLE post from Anet on their own forums explaining

A) Why its happening

Total radio silence.

There’s two dev posts about it. You can find them quicker in the dev tracker. Basically they are investigating the cause

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

It is necessary to compare with the other extensions.

You didn't read the quote properly. Q3 likely doesnt contain the EoD figures. But even if it did you can't directly compare between expansions. What matters is that GW2 seems to be on the up while NC's other MMOs are flagging a little. This is great news for GW2 (not so much for the other titles) as NC might be more likely to double down on a product that is on the up.

Edited by Thereon.3495
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

You must be joking.

A) Why its happening

Total radio silence.

Not the thread for this post.  

I have grievances with Anet about the new elite specs, but this thread is not about meowing about what is bothering you or what Anet does wrong,, but about GW2 doing well financially.  Save your comments (which are wrong, btw) to the other thread.  

Thanks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

There’s two dev posts about it. You can find them quicker in the dev tracker. Basically they are investigating the cause

Thank you for pointing out those two posts,.

The  being raised by me was that there are no explainations as to why its happening. It doesnt have to be super detailed but an explaination as to why some people are being affected and not others would be nice and secondly what sort of time frame are we looking at for a fix, a day, two days, a week? 

Surely they could take a minute to post that sort of information.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

It took 2 minutes of research to show only GW2 is profitable this Q3 but hey, keep spinning that yarn all you want, it ain't gonna change facts.

Of course they  have better results..

there has been no content for over 2 years and suddenly an extension is coming, obviously it was going to go up.

it is necessary to compare with the other periods of extension and we must all admit it here: it is a bitter failure!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

Thank you for pointing out those two posts,.

The  being raised by me was that there are no explainations as to why its happening. It doesnt have to be super detailed but an explaination as to why some people are being affected and not others would be nice and secondly what sort of time frame are we looking at for a fix, a day, two days, a week? 

Surely they could take a minute to post that sort of information.

The problem is, these things never have accurate time frames and it may not be a clear cut issue - which is why Anet and most companies don’t give a timeframe for technical fixes. I guess at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter what the back end cause is, as long as they acknowledge it and are working on it. Both of which are the case.

Maybe afterwards they can explain it, but it’s not really needed imo

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Three things I want to note:

• The specifics of ANet's finances are not our concern.
  • This past quarter was, in fact, profitable, nonetheless.
  • If that jpg is accurate, notice how the spikes happened AFTER the actual launch of the previous two expansions.

You are creating drama where there is none.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Randulf.7614 said:

The problem is, these things never have accurate time frames and it may not be a clear cut issue - which is why Anet and most companies don’t give a timeframe for a fix. I guess at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter what the back end cause is, as long as they acknowledge it and are working on it. Both of which are the case.

Maybe afterwards they can explain it, but it’s not really needed imo

Sure, I understand things can take longer to fix than anticipated and I'm sure they are trying their best but simply posting we are aware and working on it is really the bare minimum, and tbh what everyone would be expecting anyway. However thank you for pointing out those posts, guess I'll keep an eye on that subforum.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1