37,000+ Files In The Latest Update?

The latest update, posted about an hour before this post goes up, looked like a few small fixes. However, the game is downloading 37,000+ files onto my machine. Is that happening with everyone or did something go weird and bizarre with my update?

EDIT: And those tens of thousands of files are downloading at speeds hitting as low as 1 KB/sec. Sigh, this may take a while. 

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

So, this is legit?  Not some bug within a bug?  I know I sound paranoid, but... I'm paranoid.

I suspect a bug within a bug myself.The download has been going on for almost 45 minutes now and there are still 21,000+ files to go. The download is stopping/starting and when it is running it is at super slow speeds. My internet connection is fine and everything else is working normally. Only the game download is crawling so slowly. They had to hold off on this update because of hardware problems. It seems the problems may not have been fully fixed.  😞

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I didn't look at how many files were downloading but the update only took a couple of minutes for me, and I was doing other stuff on the computer at the time.

My guess is something has gone wrong with the update, but I have no idea what or if there's anything you can do to fix it. But it's definitely not doing that to everyone.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Actually no as this was not a 5 minute download for me. If it was for you, good for you but it was not that way for everyone.

You seem to be missing the point ... Anet can't ensure that 47K+ files downloads to a computer in a split second to keep people from complaining about 'forever' being a few minutes. 

I was surprised too ... but yeah, it takes time people, some more than others. Go for a walk, have a sandwich, grab a coffee. Just relax. The world didn't end. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You seem to be missing the point ... Anet can't ensure that 47K+ files downloads to your computer in a split second to keep people from complaining about 'forever' being a few minutes. 

You seem to be missing the point. It may have been a few minutes for you but it was NOT a few minutes for everyone. You are the one talking about five minutes, or a few minutes,  or a split second download. I'm talking about almost an hour and a half download. Other large updates have downloaded much faster than that for me and everything else on my end is working fine at normal speed. So I suspect something was happening on Anet's end. Given their recent hardware problem, that is a reasonable thought.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

You seem to be missing the point. It may have been a few minutes for you but it was NOT a few minutes for everyone. 

That's not Anet's fault necessarily, so your point is that it takes different people different times to download content from the internet? Yes ... that's how the internet works. It's expected. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's not Anet's fault necessarily, so your point is that it takes different people different times to download content from the internet? Yes ... that's how the internet works. It's expected. 

Again, you seem to be missing the point. You are the one who wanted to "correlate people's age to complaints about taking 'forever' for a 5 minute DL?" I pointed out in return that it was not a five minute download for everyone. That was the original point of this exchange, not who's fault it was. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1