How to get a mount without spoilering story?

Luky.9578

7 hours ago, Pirogen.9561 said:

Just do the story. And only story. Story only.

Yes, navigating around Hot maps is very hard without mounts. Farming map metas is even harder. But thats "maps". You can't use mounts inside Hot story instances.

So do just story.

And the same with LWS3. Do just basic story.

You can't "just do the story" when HoT requires you to level masteries for the story to proceed - it stalls until you do so.

• Like 2

I'm sorry if I seemed abrasive in my earlier reply. If you really want to get a mount with it being 100% spoiler free, just go to WvW and start on the Warclaw achievements. Its a mount obtainable within a few days entirely outside of PvE and acts as a basic Jackal, being only a little slower.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 9:45 PM, Sherlock.1607 said:

Ok, I suppose I have to start it with my secondary character I dont really care about and close my eyes/ears during the story. Then get a mount and I should be able to use it with my main character somehow?

It will also unlock mastery grind which is very convenient to start during the leveling/exploring core tyria process.
I was also about to do the game "in the right way" but still unlocked the 1st pof ep. I barely use the raptor (personal choice) but the mastery unlock was nice so once I finished core Tyria I also unlocked the auto-loot which is VERY convenient ! ^^
And tbh I've already forget about this 1st ep so I'll do it again once I'm done with S3 ! 

EDIT : 
As I've seen some post about HoT and I finished it few day ago here is my return : 
- I've done it w/o any mount
- I've take the time to unlock mastery in this order : 
-> Gliding -> Air Draft -> Jumping Shroom -> All other gliding ! Ley line inclued -> Exalted 1&2 -> Nuoch buble -> Itzel poisn.
Then All S3 when I went in (which was incredibly fast) and now I'm aiming for invisibilty and then just unlock the rest little by little are they're not that useful.

How have I done this w/o being crazy ? 
1st, META are mostly useless and slow. I only do Tarir once or 2 depend my time a day.
All repeatable HP everyday on all hot map, you'll get reckt a lot, but little by little you'll understand how they fight and find a parade ! I've done them in core engi, then scrapper, then holo, all worked with different build, all berserk + pack rune (thx metabattle ^^)
But, the real xp engine, for me was puzzle and adventure from every HoT map ! The gold chest give a good chunk of xp ! 
Don't rush, just take it easy, will take some day, about one week for me I think, maybe a bit more but playing only 1-2h day at max so... Seem fair ! 

Hf !

Note : Take in consideration that I'm a pretty recent player too and may not know everything at all. I read and watched thing on internet ALOT, and it helped me finding my way with playstyle and grind. Worked well for me, maybe some other way will be better for you, who know ? ^^

Edited by Aznarb.6347
  • Thanks 1