titles in lfg

4 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

He has the the liberty to ask for requirements .

As i have the liberty to ask for a new system (WoW) , that dont humper your own .

Could you tell me why , i shouldn't have ti ?

He's as free to create his squad with requirements as you are to create your squad without any. Stop repeatedly running from what's being written to you. You keep asking "why not", you're being responded why not. And then you just dodge the answer. Again and again.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

He's as free to create his squad with requirements as you are to create your squad without any. Stop repeatedly running from what's being written to you. You keep asking "why not", you're being responded why not. And then you just dodge the answer. Again and again.

Because the things you are saying doesn't make really a sense .

You are trying to say that people can't type their class/spec and if they need healer , but its up to the devs to create encounter that if a person don't have Toughness gear and aggro the boss , then the boss will simply rotate to each person every 5 sec .

And when Strikes were launched , a minority chose on their own to swap classes for more heal or quickness .

If people are going to dodge -leave the ques for greener pastures , then they are free to do it

Once again , i ask you , why shouldn't  I ask a for a system that wont humper your own ?

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

Because the things you are saying doesn't make really a sense .

And you've yet responded to anything about which part "makes no sense".

You are trying to say that people can't type their class/spec and if they need healer ,

No, that's not what I'm saying. In fact, CURRENT LFG model lets people do that and people keep doing it, yet for some reason it's not good enough for you.

but its up to the devs to create encounter that if a person don't have Toughness gear and aggro the boss , then the boss will simply rotate to each person every 5 sec .

That's already a thing in certain encounters, so not really sure what you're trying to say here.

And when Strikes were launched , a minority chose on their own to swap classes for more heal or quickness .

So create your squad in lfg and type "all welcome" as a description. You're not doing that because what exactly?

If people are going to dodge -leave the ques for greener pastures , then they are free to do it

Yes, they are. The point is that you're adding extra wait time and less organized squads, while pretending it does the opposite. Hence, why I keep repeating it's the worse version of current lfg. Because it is.

Once again , i ask you , why shouldn't  I ask a for a system that wont humper your own ?

I already responded -repeatedly- in my previous posts, am I supposed to copy-paste it again until you decide to address what I wrote? (still, this post was the closest I got from you to be any kind of attempt at discussion, so that's something)

Ok, here's the copy-paste of the previous post again: As I said, that changes nothing, as people will keep porting in and out of the instances to find the group they deem ok. The only difference here is that current lfg has descriptions for each of the group and people can consciously join the group that alligns with their interest without porting into the instance. You're trying to reinvent current version into a worse one.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And you've yet responded to anything about which part "makes no sense".

No, that's not what I'm saying. In fact, CURRENT LFG model lets people do that and people keep doing it, yet for some reason it's not good enough for you.

That's already a thing in certain encounters, so not really sure what you're trying to say here.

So create your squad in lfg and type "all welcome" as a description. You're not doing that because what exactly?

Yes, they are. The point is that you're adding extra wait time and less organized squads, while pretending it does the opposite. Hence, why I keep repeating it's the worse version of current lfg. Because it is.

I already responded -repeatedly- in my previous posts, am I supposed to copy-paste it again until you decide to address what I wrote?

Once again :

I have to load up LFG

I have to type commands to remove the gold/raid seller

Then to remove the KP

and then scroll down the LFG for a group i want

By creating an auto-thing , i reduce the process

More user friendly

What is the problem with the auto-LFG ?

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

Once again :

I have to load up LFG

I have to type commands to remove the gold/raid seller

Then to remove the KP

and then scroll down the LFG for a group i want

By creating an auto-thing , i reduce the process

More user friendly

What do you mean "load up"? There's no much "loading up", it just opens. If you need to "load up" lfg to the point of it making a difference (be it due to pc specs or internet transfer), you wouldn't be able to reasonably play gw2 anyways. "load up lfg", right. (and "loading up" automated one, where apparently people still need to inform the game what role they're looking for would somehow be different? How?)

You don't need to type commands, because they're at the very bottom of the list. If you need to type it, usually anything like LITERALLY "-[" is enough to root them out. How is that even anything near a valid arugment here?

You don't need to remove KP. You can, but you can also just read. You can also create your own squad (and the question was about that, which you dodged again).

By creating an auto-thing, you're wasting resources to introduce to the game something that's a worse version of current lfg. It changes nothing.

What is the problem with the auto-LFG ?

Um... wait.. again? This:

As I said, that changes nothing, as people will keep porting in and out of the instances to find the group they deem ok. The only difference here is that current lfg has descriptions for each of the group and people can consciously join the group that alligns with their interest without porting into the instance. You're trying to reinvent current version into a worse one.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 11/13/2021 at 7:46 AM, TigerZord.7931 said:

titles being asked for in lfg for group content needs to be abolished.  titles are not meant to be tickets to access content, they are achievements.   to require a title for any content is toxic af.  i know this thinking has been in the game for awhile, but it needs to end.  there are other ways to ask for exp in content.. or better yet, give players a chance, were all equal,. no one is above the other, so eberyone should be given a chance 1st. if they dont know what they are doing it will be apparent pretty quick. i am so sick of this toxic thinking.  if it doesnt improve, i would suggest anet step and implement a fix. either removing titles for certain endgame content so that cant be used as a bar to entry (looking at you fractals), or make asking for titles a bannable offense, or something i havent thought of.  enough is enough 

Asking for titles is nothing compared to asking for tons of kp. Because it's way more easier to get a title once than earning 15k UFE or 100kp of a single raid boss...

Edited by Raizel.1839

4 hours ago, Solitude.2097 said:

Could you elaborate , what makes them succeful ?

I've already stated several times why in this thread.  Those games have a larger population and those instances which use the group finder are played heavily by the games' player base as several systems feed into it.  That's not the case for GW2.  It won't work for raids due to the various roles which differ from boss to boss.  You can also see how underused the public strike instances are simply by going into them and waiting and waiting and waiting until you have enough players.  A group finder will not be successful in GW2.

Lets take for example you .

You where arguing that is not toxic to list your requirements for your group

What does this have to do with my post?  Yes, I was discussing that earlier in this thread but that was a while ago and had nothing to do with the post of yours that I quoted.

By creating the auto-LFG ,  would  alleviate the problem of  getting called toxic , all the time

No it won't.  You have a greater chance of INCREASING toxicity by throwing players with different play styles together. 

• Like 3

@Solitude.2097

You haven't gone into depth about HOW a group finder would function in GW2 unless I missed it.  My initially impression is that you don't want to create your own group, saw group finders successful in other games, and just assumed it would be just as successful in this one.  No thought was put in beyond that.  Am I correct?

One issue with adding another grouping tool is that it'll split the playerbase up further.  You also have to contend with group finder only working for instanced content and that the majority of players are used to using the LFG.

Speaking of group content... there's really only dungeons, fractals, raids, and strikes.  Raids are out of the question for a group finder due to the specific roles for each boss.

Fractals wouldn't really work because the majority of players do a series of fractals for their dailies and are unlikely to want to queue for each one individually.  It's also unlikely to work to queue for a specific fractal level as there are 100 and you can very likely be in a queue literally for days waiting for four other players to queue for the very same one as you.

For strikes, a lot of players tend to do a series of them whether it be all of just the very easy/quick ones.  This type of group isn't something a group finder could handle.  Queuing for individual strikes could work, if you only intend to do just one, but we've seen how that would play out based on the public instances.

When people do dungeons, it's typically to complete every path.  People also only really do dungeons if they need something specific from them such as cheap exotics or tokens for legendaries.  Sure, there may be some that do them for fun but there definitely wouldn't be enough of them to make a group finder work.  You're going to have the same issue as with fractals, but on a smaller scale, where you can potentially queue for a path and end up waiting for hours.

The biggest issue that prevents a group finder from working is the player population that would use it.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile, other MMORPGs which are considering adding auto grouping tools meet resistance from their player bases on this, for example New World.

Main argument against auto grouping: it makes the game far more anti social, evidenced by many players who saw the shift in WoW when auto grouping was added.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't know which titles are being asked for, but maybe this concern should be approached from a different direction.

If there are titles that prove someone is able to complete specific content quickly and efficiently, maybe ArenaNet should allow owners of such titles to create LFG entries that only appear to other holders of said title.

That way, the OP doesn't see listings asking for specific titles, and the people asking for them only get interest from people who actually have the title.

Problem solved for both parties.

12 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As I said, that changes nothing, as people will keep porting in and out of the instances to find the group they deem ok. The only difference here is that current lfg has descriptions for each of the group and people can consciously join the group that alligns with their interest without porting into the instance. You're trying to reinvent current version into a worse one.

Yeah people can choose to go in and out of that .

We simply put a desserter debuff and they can join the old/manual LFG

We are not trying to reinvent the wheel.

We can use existing MMOS LFG

Edit: so i have to put "-["  and then   ignore entirly the KP group and then search for the group ?

Why not make the system a more user friendly by pushing  botton that say "Join Now " like in pvp ?

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

I've already stated several times why in this thread.  Those games have a larger population and those instances which use the group finder are played heavily by the games' player base as several systems feed into it.  That's not the case for GW2.  It won't work for raids due to the various roles which differ from boss to boss.  You can also see how underused the public strike instances are simply by going into them and waiting and waiting and waiting until you have enough players.  A group finder will not be successful in GW2.

What does this have to do with my post?  Yes, I was discussing that earlier in this thread but that was a while ago and had nothing to do with the post of yours that I quoted.

No it won't.  You have a greater chance of INCREASING toxicity by throwing players with different play styles together. 

What anything has to do with population ?

There are not a shortage of healers like in WoW .

The system will choose 5 randoms , or if they dont like it they can use the OLD LFG

People chosed on their won to respect to heal in Strikes , IN THE PAST

In the current fractals T3 , if you get 2 Quickness Guardians , 1 will repsect  on his own and if he wont , you wont bother.. its T3 after all .

You   already bicker with them , that is not toxic to put requirements in the LFGlisting.

So having a diferent mode where people wont whine about the requiremnets , not join your Run and then getting kicked , will lead in less toxicity and blaming ingame and in the forums

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Meanwhile, other MMORPGs which are considering adding auto grouping tools meet resistance from their player bases on this, for example New World.

Main argument against auto grouping: it makes the game far more anti social, evidenced by many players who saw the shift in WoW when auto grouping was added.

And what happened in GW2 ?

We argue with them on the forums ,  that truly toxic is people that whine about other people when they try to join  groups they don't belong to  ?

Lets create a separate system ,so each wont interact ever

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

Yeah people can choose to go in and out of that .

We simply put a desserter debuff and they can join the old/manual LFG

So you can just use manual lfg and join/create groups you want. This is not a problem, you just want random people to get trapped with you, while you lay on the ground and have the content completed for you, because if anyone disagrees with completing it for you, "they'll get a debuff".

29 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

We are not trying to reinvent the wheel.

No, we're not. But you're trying to reintroduce worse version of current lfg.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

So you can just use manual lfg and join/create groups you want. This is not a problem, you just want random people to get trapped with you, while you lay on the ground and have the content completed for you, because if anyone disagrees with completing it for you, "they'll get a debuff".

No, we're not. But you're trying to reintroduce worse version of current lfg.

By pushing the "Join" Button we come in a an agreement.

The agreement say "whatever happens in the the Instance(Vegas) , stay on the instance"

and we choose the auto vs the old LFG

• Confused 7

24 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

By pushing the "Join" Button we come in a an agreement.

The agreement say "whatever happens in the the Instance(Vegas) , stay on the instance"

and we choose the auto vs the old LFG

The agreement says you open lfg window and join the group of people that share your goals or you create your own group, so people sharing your goals can join it. You're trying to re-introduce a worse version of current lfg and try to force people to play with potential literal afkers. I'm starting to wonder if that's not what you actually want here, because other than forcing some people to complete the content for you no matter what, what you propose achieves nothing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The agreement says you open lfg window and join the group of people that share your goals or you create your own group, so people sharing your goals can join it. You're trying to re-introduce a worse version of current lfg and try to force people to play with potential literal afkers. I'm starting to wonder if that's not what you actually want here, because other than forcing some people to complete the content for you no matter what, what you propose achieves nothing.

I could say the same  for you .

You simply go from post from post , implying that its the problem of the people for not trying hard enought , to use this cuccumber-some current LFG

What i am telling it "iron it out" and use the "default"  that many uses .

By keeping the old and the new , we divide the people that call eachotherToxic and create a more harmonic way . And we avoid spending money from creating innovative programming in a section of the game that its population extremly avoids   (more than PvP).

The ones people that are gonna hurt is the  Raids sellers , but they will coexist in the old LFG

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

@Solitude.2097

What you are proposing is a dead on arrival system.

GW2 doesn't have a hard trinity, as well as having actual buildcraft. Each profession and spec can be played in different ways, and each role can have different subtexts (joining the Healer role as Heal Firebrand provides something very different to the group than a Heal Scourge than a Heal Tempest than a Heal Renegade than a heal Herald than a Heal Druid than a....). 

Could Anet technically code an obscenely complicated auto Group finding tool where every player joining checks from a list all the unique things their build contributes to an auto formed group (like general role plus amount/uptime of boons, 5-10 target caps if relevant to content, unique utility such as reflects, pulls, pushes, etc.), maybe? But it would likely still be an absolute mess in resulting groups, especially since all the proficient players would stay far away from it - and in many ways that's then actually more complicated than just opening up your own LFG, while providing less control over getting a cohesive group. 

I'm also not quite sure what makes you think that easier group finding will result in less "toxicity". 

The easier things get to throw together the less investment players have in each other, the lower the incentive to work together and to overcome issues. That's the inherent issue of Quality of Life features - they directly oppose player investment and commitment. You actually have to be careful with this in game deign.

And sure, you can punish people for leaving groups, but I doubt many players would use your system if group after group they auto fill into is horrible and instantly disbands after the slightest issue, and then they are locked out of trying again. People would just go back to LFG or abandon the content. 

On 11/14/2021 at 5:02 PM, Gregg.3970 said:

@TigerZord.7931 at one time many moons ago I used to think like you but then I wised up and thought people play Gw2 for all different reasons, we're all different, have different strengths, weaknesses, ability.

Some people play for very loose, casual, socialising while others play based on fully mini-maxing their abilities, game skill, theory crafting optimum builds for any given situation call it perfectionism, elitism, professionalism or what you will.  Whether you fall into one of these groups or anywhere in between it really doesn't matter but chances are you will seek like minded gamers who enjoy gw2 the way you enjoy playing it. 

That is all I see when I see LFG kp, li, titles requests just merely gamers whom have attained a certain level and want to game with like minded people, which I have totally no issue with as that's the beauty of ppl we're not all the same. 

If you want more chill runs just select a group that says chill ppl only, bring cookies, anyone welcome etc. 

Remember: There is no right or wrong way to play Gw2. Play what works for you, and enjoy the game your way, and equally let others do the same 🙂

Take a hint from what Gregg said. 

Be a person other people want to play with - much easier than convincing Anet to build a system for you that semi-forces other players into having to play with you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Solitude.2097 said:

I could say the same  for you .

You could the same what for me? That I can join and create squads as I see fit? Great, because that's exactly what I'm doing. What point are you trying to make here? 😄

You simply go from post from post , implying that its the problem of the people for not trying hard enought , to use this cuccumber-some current LFG

No, that's not what I said. Maybe you should try responding to what I actually wrote in my posts for a change? I think it could help with moving this "discussion" forward.

What i am telling it "iron it out" and use the "default"  that many uses .

"Making the groups random and punishing people for leaving when they have literal afkers in that random group" isn't "ironing out" anything. I don't know where you got the idea that it's improving anything, but it's just a downgrade from having ability to clearly describe what your group is looking for. Not only in regards of roles, but also in regards of attitude to smothly fit right into the group you'll be playing with.

By keeping the old and the new , we divide the people that call eachotherToxic and create a more harmonic way . And we avoid spending money from creating innovative programming in a section of the game that its population extremly avoids   (more than PvP).

Nobody should care about false claims of toxicity. And that's what you're doing here.

The ones people that are gonna hurt is the  Raids sellers , but they will coexist in the old LFG

I don't see how you went from "point a" to "point b".

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Auto group will not solve your problem in Fractals and Raids.

1. People will get lazier and more complacent about group comp and communication.

2. As a result, they'll fail more.

3. More people will flake when they fail.

4. When someone does flake, reliance on auto group will make it harder to find a replacement in media res.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Solitude.2097 said:

What anything has to do with population ?

Population is everything in order to make a group finder work.  If you don't have enough players queuing for various content then you have long queues.  This should be pretty evident and straightforward if one were to sit down and think about it.

There are not a shortage of healers like in WoW .

Healers are not the only role.

The system will choose 5 randoms , or if they dont like it they can use the OLD LFG

It'll function no different from a LFG where five randoms join together.  The group finder will fail due to low population and really no incentive to use it other than for those who for whatever reason cannot simply create their own LFG.  It takes less effort than to argue for a group finder on the forums, that's for sure.

People chosed on their won to respect to heal in Strikes , IN THE PAST

Huh?  This sentence doesn't make any sense.

In the current fractals T3 , if you get 2 Quickness Guardians , 1 will repsect  on his own and if he wont , you wont bother.. its T3 after all .

Or you can get five bearbow rangers.  You can get a comp that provides no boons.  Let's not forget that queuing for a specific fractal level is impractical.

So having a diferent mode where people wont whine about the requiremnets , not join your Run and then getting kicked , will lead in less toxicity and blaming ingame and in the forums

No it won't as you'll have players frustrated with who they get which will lead to toxicity.  Just look at sPvP.

Edited by mythical.6315
what's with these forums creating all of this extra line spacing
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Population is everything in order to make a group finder work.  If you don't have enough players queuing for various content then you have long queues.  This should be pretty evident and straightforward if one were to sit down and think about it.

Healers are not the only role.

It'll function no different from a LFG where five randoms join together.  The group finder will fail due to low population and really no incentive to use it other than for those who for whatever reason cannot simply create their own LFG.  It takes less effort than to argue for a group finder on the forums, that's for sure.

Huh?  This sentence doesn't make any sense.

Or you can get five bearbow rangers.  You can get a comp that provides no boons.  Let's not forget that queuing for a specific fractal level is impractical.

No it won't as you'll have players frustrated with who they get which will lead to toxicity.  Just look at sPvP.

Auto LFG can work with any amount of people .

Because there are not traditional healers and tanks , when 5 people que , they will join together instantly .

It have been proven that something must change in the future Strikes . The company can offer the WvW-Raids Set and in the same time change the reason why people call each other toxic in the forums .

4 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

@Solitude.2097

And sure, you can punish people for leaving groups, but I doubt many players would use your system if group after group they auto fill into is horrible and instantly disbands after the slightest issue, and then they are locked out of trying again. People would just go back to LFG or abandon the content.

People are already abandoning the content ?

We have many instances of people calling each other toxic , even at reddit and a minority that want better rewards ?

What better than offering them the 3 Legendary Sets + re-branding the LFG ?

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Confused 9

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

lol. Nobody should care about false claims of toxicity. And that's what you're doing here.

false claims ?

When every1 that come in the forums bicker about the KP-LI groups .

Not anything else . Not rewards, not difficulty, not the lack of content.

And you have people that try to disapprove them , calling them toxic in return and telling them they are not  trying enought to create their groups or navigate in that jungle that is called LFG

Why don't you like auto LFG ?

It will seperate the worthless casual that dont like the the pros

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Confused 5