give a special Icon for full legendary

Balsa.3951

10 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Players who are full legendary (Equipped) 

deserve a special icon 

No they don't.

They are already receiving massive QOL, cosmetic,  and arguably power level, benefits. If those benefits were not sufficient reward for pursuing full legendary gear at the time the person started the path, they shouldn't have done so. Insisting that they deserve more after the fact is just next level entitlement.

Remember that there is a huge difference between asking for something that you would like and insisting that you deserve that thing. The latter implies that the developers are withholding something that is rightfully yours.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Envoy's Herald, but that's just for armor.

That title you linked is for whales.

Anyways, I'm for this.  If 100% core tyria map completion can get a badge, full legendary armor should also get a badge.

Nah, 1000g is hardly whale levels of gold.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

How about a title for full Legendary armor and weapons

I’m Purple, You Know. 

Or
Geared There, Built that 🤔

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Nah, 1000g is hardly whale levels of gold.

You'd be surprised how many people ingame have zero idea on how to make gold so they just swipe the card.  Also people who earn their 1k gold tend to not want to waste it all on a title they'll flaunt maybe for 10 minutes and never again.

Edited by Sir Alymer.3406
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Or
Geared There, Built that 🤔

You'd be surprised how many people ingame have zero idea on how to make gold so they just swipe the card.  Also people who earn their 1k gold tend to not want to waste it all on a title they'll flaunt maybe for 10 minutes and never again.

It isn't swiping your card but rather the degree to which you do so that makes you a whale. The people going for that title are likely doing it because of the phrasing of the title or the accompanying AP. How they got their gold is largely irrelevant to a completionist.

Everyone in game knows how to make gold because everything in the game throws gold at you. Just logging in, and doing dailies, can earn you a in the neighborhood of a couple hundred gold every 4 weeks. Add in some very minor, low time and effort, options and you are pushing 300g per 4 weeks. This doesn't include drops, event rewards, etc. Playing the game is all you need to do, unless you want specific high value items faster.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

No they don't.

They are already receiving massive QOL, cosmetic,  and arguably power level, benefits. If those benefits were not sufficient reward for pursuing full legendary gear at the time the person started the path, they shouldn't have done so. Insisting that they deserve more after the fact is just next level entitlement.

Remember that there is a huge difference between asking for something that you would like and insisting that you deserve that thing. The latter implies that the developers are withholding something that is rightfully yours.

It's not entitlement to get rewarded in a game for achievements, otherwise u are entitled each time u ask getting loot from some mob.

About ppl getting jelly and say legendary owner having enough stuff.

I don't get how this impact u. We're getting an icon for world completion and one for the order we join, getting one more after full legy is just a nice personal flavor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

That title you linked is for whales.

That's not entirely true.  I am a very casual player and definitely no whale, yet I managed to obtain the "I'm Rich, You Know" title.  It was something I wanted to work for and, over time, I managed to achieve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

It's not entitlement to get rewarded in a game for achievements, otherwise u are entitled each time u ask getting loot from some mob.

About ppl getting jelly and say legendary owner having enough stuff.

I don't get how this impact u. We're getting an icon for world completion and one for the order we join, getting one more after full legy is just a nice personal flavor.

Getting rewards in game is not entitlement...and those rewards are already in place. What is entitlement is insisting that the developers  owe additional rewards, above and beyond what already exists, to those who understood the benefits of getting legendary gear, understood the costs, weighed the cost vs benefit and chose to get them.

If you had read, or understood, my previous post it is the difference between, "It would be nice if," or, "I would like it if," and what was actually posted, "I deserve."

As to the comparison between world completion and legendary gear: World completion provides no mechanical advantage while legendaries do. Are you suggesting that you would be willing to give up the free stat swap, legendary wardrobe, free reskin, and so on in order to get a badge instead? If not, then your comparison is way off point. Personally I would rather not give up all of the advantages I have from my legendaries for a badge. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Can you teach me because seriously if I have 100 gold im doing good.

Complete your dailies as often as possible. This can be done in a very few minutes.

Do the Ley-Line anomaly event daily.

Sell mystic coins earned from the above on the TP.

Use Laurels earned from dailies to get t6 mats and sell on the TP.

Sell mats earned in game on the TP.

200-300g per 4 weeks with relatively minimal play time, without actual farming.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Use Laurels earned from dailies to get t6 mats and sell on the TP.

T6 mats have not been the most profitable for a long time when you are converting Laurels to gold. Currently, T3 is where it's at.

Doing the dailies for the net 2g and the login rewards will earn you around 140-150g per reward cycle, if you choose the chest of laurels from the Chest of Loyalty. So yeah, doing only the Ley-Line Anomaly event as an addition every day will easily put you over the 200g limit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Players who are full legendary (Equipped) 

deserve a special icon 

Ok? And what about player with fully Ascended gear? Aren't they having the same attributes as Legendary geared players? Should player now also invest time in getting fully Legendary underwater weapons and a Breather (which exist in Light, Medium or Heavy) just to leggit having this icon to show off or is it just to brag about how you manage to have all of this on your favourite character? Don't forget we have three weight (light, medium and heavy) which means a player can have full Legendary stuff for just that character, but lack it for other character when that player change character. It would cause issues with flexibility to change character when needed.

One more of those silly suggestion that only leads to split players isn't that brilliant where we have already enough of threads where players feel locked out of content because some player want to make demands on other players.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Harak.8397 said:

Have an in game pet herald carry a banner before you wherever you go. Two more squires following behind with trumpets and a flask of wine.  (permanently summoned, even in combat) The first one yells "Make way for Lord insert name" in general chat and the other two respectively play trumpet calls and sell you exclusive food that make you glow and put particle FXs on your particle FXs. 😆

Sorry, you are already too late.

We have massive number of players with floating balls circling around their heads. Wonderful when those are Mesmer players which can make illusion that are copies of themselves... 😞

(To avoid misunderstanding: have nothing against Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage players, but it is really annoying when all illusions full screen with their large balls blocking view for what is going on.)

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

What special badge/icon do we display for choosing an order?  I can't find mine!

oha u right seems anet removed account icons. 

Account Medals - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

I may, should have titled my post bring back account icons and add one for full legendary.

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Ok? And what about player with fully Ascended gear? Aren't they having the same attributes as Legendary geared players? Should player now also invest time in getting fully Legendary underwater weapons and a Breather (which exist in Light, Medium or Heavy) just to leggit having this icon to show off or is it just to brag about how you manage to have all of this on your favourite character? Don't forget we have three weight (light, medium and heavy) which means a player can have full Legendary stuff for just that character, but lack it for other character when that player change character. It would cause issues with flexibility to change character when needed.

One more of those silly suggestion that only leads to split players isn't that brilliant where we have already enough of threads where players feel locked out of content because some player want to make demands on other players.

I think I should had better explained my idea, since people believe I meant an icon over the players head. what i meant was the character select screen get a icon.

and yes its a suggestion for the future and it need the aquabreather.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

As to the comparison between world completion and legendary gear: World completion provides no mechanical advantage while legendaries do. Are you suggesting that you would be willing to give up the free stat swap, legendary wardrobe, free reskin, and so on in order to get a badge instead? If not, then your comparison is way off point. Personally I would rather not give up all of the advantages I have from my legendaries for a badge. 

Waypoint unlocks aren't an advantage over anyone else? :thonk:

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

I think I should had better explained my idea, since people believe I meant an icon over the players head. what i meant was the character select screen get a icon.

Yeah.  That is a completely different suggestion.  I wouldn't care if this were implemented or not since I have no legendary items, will probably never have any and this option wouldn't affect me one way or the other.

• Like 2