Meta shift when?

Khalisto.5780

Kinda bored of this meta, 2 necros, doesn't matter the spec they all run blood and ress each other and are CC gods and are tanky, on top of that you get a supp guardian making everything worse

i just feel i lost when the other team has double necro + supp guardian and mine doesn't

depending on the map it's manageable, but in capricorn it's like gg go next

life generation, cc spam or dmg have to go down, they can,t have those 3 things at the level they are

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Prob no meta shift until the expansion.

Will prob see specters babysitting reapers and berserkers in mid.

Harbinger would be seen in a duelist role.

Virtuoso could also fill a duelist/roamer role depending on its changes.

Catalyst is a good core ele+. The stability alone makes them a good jack of all trades allowing them to flex between team fighter and duelist.

Willbender could be a roamer if it gets the changes it needs.

Untamed wont be seen in pvp unless they change its functionality. Its just an overcomplicated ranger.

Will prob see mechanist in lower end pvp but the amount of projectile denial could render them useless. 

Bladesworn is just different flavor of side noder if it will even be seen in higher levels. Really depends on how they change it.

Vindicator will see play and could fill any role it builds for. This and specter are the most likely to become meta based on what ive seen so far imo

2 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

2 necros, doesn't matter the spec they all run blood and ress each other and are CC gods and are tanky, on top of that you get a supp guardian making everything worse

i just feel i lost when the other team has double necro + supp guardian and mine doesn't

This has been going on for almost 2 years, despite.

Any meta shift with the expansion release will be incidental, and probably swiftly culled if it doesnt fit the narrative of the quote above.

PvP is meant for farming gold and ez legendary armor while you sleep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Maybe a pre-EoD patch will make some waves just like a the pre-PoF patches hit. I'm refereing to the one that solidified tempest as a support spec among other things(by killing its damage potential lol).

But that will be arriving shortly before EoD(if at all), so we're stuck with this slow bunker hell for at least 3 more months. Have fun!

Unless Arenanet deals heavy-handed nerfs to their love child that is Necromancer, I doubt we'll see much of a change in sPvP.

But with Harmbinger and Spectre coming out, Necromancer aficionados have two new ways to play what they already like to play, so the problem potentially gets even worse.

19 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I suspect that post EoD you see things like the 300s CD traits fixed,

Sorry, I laughed here... Granted that they managed to put a 300s CD trait on the Shadow, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be "fixed". It's more like them saying: "We think 300s CD traits have their place in the game and thus don't need to be fixed!"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Sorry, I laughed here... Granted that they managed to put a 300s CD trait on the Shadow, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be "fixed". It's more like them saying: "We think 300s CD traits have their place in the game and thus don't need to be fixed!"

I know, I'm hoping against hope. Secretly I hope CMC gets hit in the next round of layoffs and someone more capable takes over the balance team.

• Like 1

Well it's still surprising that most players don't evolve, there's so much that can be done despite all the "meta" as you so call. In my experience double scourge is strong but far from immortal, you'd be stupid to try and fight two with a guard in even numbers when that combination can easily be held off with 2v3 while you have the 1+ somewhere else to farm and outrotate constantly.

5 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Well it's still surprising that most players don't evolve, there's so much that can be done despite all the "meta" as you so call. In my experience double scourge is strong but far from immortal, you'd be stupid to try and fight two with a guard in even numbers when that combination can easily be held off with 2v3 while you have the 1+ somewhere else to farm and outrotate constantly.

Scrouge isn't really much played anymore.

50 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

if i'm going to play another game, i'm prolly moving to something that is competition only, prolly back to dota, i wish i had the time to play 40 min matches again.

try lost ark, 5min games, 3min max to get a pop. with load times its no more then 10min/game
other then that there isnt much, all dead games with 10 year of exp players

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

try lost ark, 5min games, 3min max to get a pop. with load times its no more then 10min/game
other then that there isnt much, all dead games with 10 year of exp players

i bet my 6 years old pc won't run it, plus like i said, i wouldn't go to another mmo and experience an abandoned game mode or poor balance cause pve is getting in its way, i just rather play CS.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:50 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

Unless Arenanet deals heavy-handed nerfs to their love child that is Necromancer, I doubt we'll see much of a change in sPvP.

But with Harmbinger and Spectre coming out, Necromancer aficionados have two new ways to play what they already like to play, so the problem potentially gets even worse.

spectre is a teef. the majority of necros won't switch over cuz a teef spec can apply some barrier. they're two fundamentally different classes.