This is GARBAGE. You want us to spend money? ONE Simple fix would clear up this BOT MESS (years now btw)

Wrain.6792

Hey NEATO!  What's that, want to RANK PVP???

Well folks, all you do is get out of the starter area, (5 minutes) then ding ding ding!!! Now you too can QUE FOR RANKED PVP!  Yup, its just that easy.  Been like this for years but good ole Anet just wont put a simple LOCK on this.

Wouldn't solve everything but sure would FIX this stupid garbage of lvl 1=80s farming/botting.

Ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They should have a captcha for ranked, and remove FTP from ranked.

Ranked should be a part of the "paid" experience just like other areas in tha game.

No reason to defend FTP, as we should expect them to buy the game and support the developers as a community.

PLENTY of things to do on FTP.

Luckily anyone on here that will vocally disagree with me, will be on a paid account....so....

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Wrain.6792 said:

On ONE character.  NOT new characters.

Back in the day we had no build templates, so every PvP build needed a preset... and I ended up with 14 characters. Some of these are strictly pvp characters, and I often remake them.
So as a player with 24K pvp matches played, why should there be a larger barrier for my new character to enter PvP? Having to do the first mission is already a boring yet annoying timesink, and my fresh lvl 2 guardian is a better support than any of your characters will ever be so.... what's your justification for keeping it out of ranked again?

And I highly doubt I'm the only multiclassing player in the game, so hard pass on putting barriers on characters. There is already a rank 20 requirement on every account to enter ranked sPvP, and MAYBE you can justify removing F2P accounts from the ladder... but anything past that point will just do damage and solve nothing.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Ranked should be a part of the "paid" experience just like other areas in tha game.

No reason to defend FTP, as we should expect them to buy the game and support the developers as a community.

Luckily anyone on here that will vocally disagree with me, will be on a paid account....so....

i kinda agree but if you think well, most ppl wintrading don't play on f2p accounts and bots need to transfer their gold over to their main account, so they're not f2p either, get f2p out of ranked would do no harm, but it wouldn't solve any  of the current problems either.

16 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Take out the few f2p players that actually do sPvP and the queues get even longer with even worse lopsided games.

Then players who paid leave, causing the queue to get even longer with the games being even more lopsided,

Then even more players leave, causing the cycle to constantly repeat.

The mode needs more people to slow its demise. Kicking f2p out would do nothing but hasten its demise.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i kinda agree but if you think well, most ppl wintrading don't play on f2p accounts and bots need to transfer their gold over to their main account, so they're not f2p either, get f2p out of ranked would do no harm, but it wouldn't solve any  of the current problems either.

But I don't think that.

I think it would solve the problems more than add to.

It will remove any opportunity for ftp to be malicious.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Take out the few f2p players that actually do sPvP and the queues get even longer with even worse lopsided games.

Then players who paid leave, causing the queue to get even longer with the games being even more lopsided,

Then even more players leave, causing the cycle to constantly repeat.

The mode needs more people to slow its demise. Kicking f2p out would do nothing but hasten its demise.

18 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I 100% agree and I know its been a topic/suggested in the past. It could also help lessen the balance issues. It seems to me like both are rather closely related since all the trade off stuff IMO sprouted from Anet trying to keep core viable in ranked pvp/wvw, specifically for F2P but also for people who like playing core. Maybe then we could have a fun meta again too. 

15 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

But I don't think that.

I think it would solve the problems more than add to.

It will remove any opportunity for ftp to be malicious.

I think it would make it harder for people to throw games. I think it would lessen balance issues. Also I think right now people can just use ftp then if they want to transfer gold they can just get it a license later, meanwhile any f2p they use to throw or that get banned/trashed in the process can just be left to sit un-paid. It seems to assume allot to think f2p arent used. Im not convinced.

I feel like the captcha idea by itself would severely reduce the number of bots. No need to go after the F2P players too.

Doing a captcha for every queue would be annoying, but I'd pay that price to eliminate bots. Probably the strongest solution I've heard anyone suggest so far.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 3