Dragon Plush Trinkets

Jabu Jabu.3971

Are there any speculations about the festival trinkets representing dragon plushes? I bought all of them so far because i think even just the idea of having some collectible items that have a unique look is cool. But seems they are getting more expansive. At least this halloween one i think was quite more pricey than the other 2.  Anyone any idea? x) Maybe if we collect them all they could be combined to make some fancy novelty i don't know. Or a legendary festival trinket or items? That could also be intersting.. But in case it's just gonna be collectibles not bad either, the art is very nice.

• Like 1

If one actively played the Halloween even and grinded the Labyrinth daily for 10 hours one would have the Halloween plushie in no time. Sadly I couldn't be all to active this year due to having problems with my account and other stuff unrelated to the game. Also 99% of lfg labyrinth runs excluded me as they were either all full or only did green doors (which is a shame because bosses drop also loot and it's fun doing them) or mounts weren't allowed when pew pew non pet on passive rangers were allowed instead that can nuke everything just as any mount (very annoying for actual decent classes and build that need a decent level of skill). Also there were squads no allowing legendary gear which also excluded me as a full legendary. 
However I love collecting these plush dragon trinkets although they have terrible stats (except for the one with diviners) not used in current meta builds. I don't know why but I've always loved collecting festival stuff. 
A legendary trinket would be very unlikely because legendary trinkets so far required much more effort (excluding the one you get after playing all of the return to x/y achievements because that's very easy as those weekly episode achievements only take like 2 or 3 hours to complete) but it could be a nice idea with the release of EoD introducing a new festival and eventually revealing the last elder dragon that was unknown and making a trinket based on that dragon. 
Even a collection achievement for obtaining the festival plushies might be great. It could award something like a unique mount skin or something since obtaining skins through achievements has become very rare sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/18/2021 at 8:04 PM, Cynder.2509 said:

A legendary trinket would be very unlikely because legendary trinkets so far required much more effort (excluding the one you get after playing all of the return to x/y achievements because that's very easy as those weekly episode achievements only take like 2 or 3 hours to complete) but it could be a nice idea with the release of EoD introducing a new festival and eventually revealing the last elder dragon that was unknown and making a trinket based on that dragon. 
Even a collection achievement for obtaining the festival plushies might be great. It could award something like a unique mount skin or something since obtaining skins through achievements has become very rare sadly. 

I don't agree with the new Legendary Amulet being easier than other Legendary Trinkets.

Because of their design, its possible to craft most of them without much timegates as the resources can be had beforehand, often just from playing over the years (for veterans), mean while the "Return to.." achivements require replaying hours upon hours of story on top of doing many map-specific metas and doing JPs that are not only notoriously difficult, but were also required for Aurora, Vision, etc. (I don't count TP to Friend method.)

It seems easier effort-wise but the overall time to acquire may actually be higher since there's no way to make it physically go faster save for a few content skips here and there. For example, Aurora only has a single hard time gate of 16 days in Draconis Mons, because many components like the Xunlai Electrum Ingots can be had beforehand (and most of the meta achivements can be skipped by playing WvW for the Reward Tracks). This is especially true for those with very limited time to play per day, for example players who work and only have 1-2 hours a night at most.

While you could push yourself to do the entire "Return to" series within the same 16 day timeframe, the amount of burnout you'd experience in comparison could be quite intense. Considering an Amulet is the weakest of all Trinkets, without even having infusion slots,, the difficulty seems about right.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 months later...

I'm calling it here and now: they are linked to the Gen 3 Legendary Weapon collections(!)

As said: the 'base' set is Aurene weapons, which you can 'attune' to one of other Elder Dragons over the coming LW updates. Would make sense to have the plush as part of the unlock achievement / collection for that... so get your Mordy today to have the first shot at the Modrem inspired legendaries etcetera...

Article: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-closer-look-at-the-guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-legendary-weapons/

While we're at it: the 'old five' Elder Dragons have been done, so what will be the sixt festival plush? Super Adventure Box coming up... with Bubbles / Steve / w/e the EoD Elder Dragon will be...

What do you say, could I be onto something? 😉

Edited by Dolce Luce.6529
Added link to the article on the Gen 3 Legendary Weapons
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Dolce Luce.6529 said:

I'm calling it here and now: they are linked to the Gen 3 Legendary Weapon collections(!)

As said: the 'base' set is Aurene weapons, which you can 'attune' to one of other Elder Dragons over de coming LW updates. Would make sense to have the plush as part of the unlock achievement / collection for that... so get your Mordy today to have the first shot at the Modrem inspired legendaries etcetera...

While we're at it: the 'old five' Elder Dragons have been done, so what will be the sixt festival plush? Super Adventure Box coming up... with Bubbles / Steve / w/e the EoD Elder Dragon will be...

What do you say, could I be onto something? 😉

Nooooooo don't say that I have refused to buy any!!  Lol it's an interesting theory.... I hope it's not right. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the latest one costing more gold ... is to make up for the cheaper price of the other material (here only essences of luck). SAB and New Year's seem the ones with the cheapest festival currency.

First I thought it would be only for people that have no other sources of Ascended gear yet. (But then it would be too expensive. New players just could farm The season 3 or so. Unless it is targeted at players without expansions and without living world seasons?)

Would be nice to get an achievement ... yeah. Or maybe an Aurene item with a skin/visuals - once you buy all the others. At the moment no reason to buy them. And I'm not just buying them to read the flavor text in the description lol. If they later make an achievement I just try to check for permanently available vendors (there seem to be - the ones in LA I think) to buy directly. (Also I probably would not be in a hurry ... not minding to wait another year and buy them individually once the festivals happen again.)

Edited by Luthan.5236