Forest Archer Pack <3 [Merged]

35 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

My sincere thanks to the person who designed this. 😃

Now on to adding a matching medium armor or outfit (suggestion)! 😁

Yeah not gonna happen...You said medium armor but everyone knows that Anet wants medium in coat (cuz silly pvp/wvw you going to get confused by non coat medium classes. How are you going to know it is a kitten ranger?!!!)/s

Now for real, I would like an attire like that. Would be fitting my sylvari druid so much 😄

• Sad 3

34 minutes ago, TwiceDead.1963 said:

I feel like the most famousest of hobbits donning this cloak.

Heh heh, that nails it! 😄

I will die if they indeed go and add a matching outfit! That would be a dream come true. 🥰

2 minutes ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

Now for real, I would like an attire like that. Would be fitting my sylvari druid so much 😄

And my human ranger as well. 🙃

Edited by Ashantara.8731

Anet wants medium in coat (cuz silly pvp/wvw you going to get confused by non coat medium classes. How are you going to know it is a kitten ranger?!!!)/s

Idk if they're really forcing that much anymore. 1 - Outfits completely blow that out of the water. 2 - We've been getting a more non-trench coat medium armor since POF. 

For example: Mist Shard, Elegy/Requiem, Elonian/Spearmarshal, Runic, Anniversary set all come to mind. (plus both the PVP and WvW armor sets, ironically)

Edited by Burnitory.2364
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

Yeah not gonna happen...You said medium armor but everyone knows that Anet wants medium in coat (cuz silly pvp/wvw you going to get confused by non coat medium classes. How are you going to know it is a kitten ranger?!!!)/s

The suggested image is hardly much different from a lot of medium armors already in game, if any would prevent Anet from use a comparable style it would be their obsession with magitech styles and the likely use of Asian styles we'll likely be getting a fair bit of in the near future.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Burnitory.2364 said:

Idk if they're really forcing that much anymore. 1 - Outfits completely blow that out of the water. 2 - We've been getting a more non-trench coat medium armor since POF. 

For example: Mist Shard, Elegy/Requiem, Elonian/Spearmarshal, Runic, Anniversary set all come to mind. (plus both the PVP and WvW armor sets, ironically)

Pity they all ugly.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Burnitory.2364 said:

My bad 😞 I should have put /sarcasm instead of just /s

I am a huge fan of the way they went about this one.  There are so many skins in this game that I would love to use if they were simplified, and I've always wondered why they don't make more basic versions of a particular skin and release it alongside more complex versions.  They could've just made the hooded cape with a quiver attached and released it as a single skin and a lot of people would've paid for it while myself and others would've been disappointed that such an amazing cloak is ruined by the quiver.  This type of pack is just fantastic all around and they priced it extremely well.  Thank you, Arenanet.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I main a Ranger and I've been waiting for something similar to this for...well pretty much since before the game even made it to Beta.  I am satisfied with the result, something that's become increasingly rare in recent times.

6 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'm just glad these don't add to the particle spam that's uglifying a lot of the game.

This, so much of this.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

The suggested image is hardly much different from a lot of medium armors already in game

Yes yes, people keep saying that each and every single time, but it is simply not true (I have all armor skins unlocked).

The exact cut as well as all the beautiful details - there is no medium armor of such high quality and appeal in the game. Most have weird cuts, e.g. with super high tight collars, and lack a love for detail (or have weird adornments like throwing blades), that I don't consider good at all.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes yes, people keep saying that each and every single time, but it is simply not true (I have all armor skins unlocked).

The exact cut as well as all the beautiful details - there is no medium armor of such high quality and appeal in the game.

That sounds like a challenge.

* cough *

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

For me, I don't like the way in which the cloak pins to the shoulders.  /shrug   Glad that others enjoy it, though.  I mean, it's a nice addition, but it doesn't resonate enough with me for any of my characters.

Capes in GW2 tend to work best with shoulder skins that hide the part where the cape connects to you.  The new cape is considerably wider at the top (something a lot of players have been asking for), so shoulder skins that worked well with the other capes won't necessarily work well with this one.  

• Like 5