Fear of the playerbase leaving.

Genesis.5169

Is nolonger an excuse stop it, the queue i see the same faces everyday in pvp. We cannot alienate the pvp playerbase more then we already have stop with that stupid excuse when some one brings up suggestions all your accomplishing is stagnating the game. Examples...

Bring back 5v5s
No it will remove players out of the game (meanwhile i see the same 20-30 guys everyday)

Buff damage
No it will remove players out of the game (meanwhile i see the same 20-30 guys everyday)

How about we split queues.

Meanwhile everyone shoots out suggestions that removes content out of that game that will remove players out of the game.

STOP Thanks.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Playerbase leaving should not be the players' fault or concern, but the developers'.

I, as a pvp player, should be not scared that a suggestion of mine will drive others away. The pvp'ers I know who stopped engaging in this mode, didn't leave because some random person suggested a 5v5 queue in the forums. They left because they kept getting matched with players who had 150 rank points more/less than themselves, because they got bored of playing in the same maps for the last 4 years, because of the toxic behavior of others, because their favorite classes and builds became irrelevant or unplayable in games with 5 necros and 2 guards and so on.

The playerbase that remains already thinks PvP is somewhat of a joke, Anet's forgotten stepchild. I doubt reading up the forums will be changing anyone's mind. Or are you scared that Anet will actually implement some of those suggestions? Because that won't happen.

Edited by wondermuffin.9680
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, wondermuffin.9680 said:

Playerbase leaving should not be the players' fault or concern, but the developers'.

I, as a pvp player, should be not scared that a suggestion of mine will drive others away. The pvp'ers I know who stopped engaging in this mode, didn't leave because some random person suggested a 5v5 queue in the forums. They left because they kept getting matched with players who had 150 rank points more/less than themselves, because they got bored of playing in the same maps for the last 4 years, because of the toxic behavior of others, because their favorite classes and builds became irrelevant or unplayable in games with 5 necros and 2 guards and so on.

The playerbase that remails already thinks PvP is somewhat of a joke, Anet's forgotten stepchild. I doubt reading up the forums will be changing anyone's mind. Or are you scared that Anet will actually implement some of those suggestions? Because that won't happen.

Anet has listened to these suggestions which is why we are here now, so naturally reversing the views here would be a good start. I do this in game too. Yeah i fear Anet will implement some of these horrible suggestions i see on the forums.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Anet has listened to these suggestions which is why we are here now, so naturally reversing the views here would be a good start. I do this in game too. Yeah i fear Anet will implement some of these horrible suggestions i see on the forums.

Imma quote YOU from another post:

"For real coming to the forums just to complain about something you barely played or understand does not help the game at all."

Tisk tisk tisk.

11 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Imma quote YOU from another post:

"For real coming to the forums just to complain about something you barely played or understand does not help the game at all."

Tisk tisk tisk.

You know that has absolutely nothing to do with my post let me count the ways.

1. There is a long post history of nerfs ask from the forums and implemented see the removal of underwater combat mesmer nerfs thief nerfsetc.
  2. The removal from Team queues come directly from the forums they were voted on here.
  3. Specter/Harbinger/Bladesworn/Machinist/Vindicator are as good as or better then there pof/hot/core counterparts they will change the meta.
  4. I actually know what i have been talking about i have been on and off this game for 9years since core i have my ninth birthday gift on my mesmer.
  5. I am not complaining about the game i am complaining about the conversations and debates that surround the game.

So sir, enjoy your day.
I really mean the opposite of enjoy your day Sir.

Edited by Genesis.5169

2 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

I am not complaining about the game i am complaining about the conversations and debates that surround the game.

1 hour ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Bring back 5v5s

Buff damage

That's literally complaining about the game lol You keep contradicting yourself, which make me questuon validity of your posts.

4 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

I actually know what i have been talking about i have been on and off this game for 9years since core i have my ninth birthday gift on my mesmer.

And I have since beta! So what? That doesnt makes us the only ones that can say anything about this game in the forums.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Me, an intellectual:
- There's already 5v5 though, you know Tournaments and stuffs? 
- There's more than enough damage in the game, sustain need nerfs. Firebrand, Scourge and many more need nerfs or rather the complete rework from scratch, since they're broken from very design level, which people fail to see.
- There's already split queue for Unrankeds and Rankeds and Tournaments.
I understand you've got drunk on your powercreeped Mirage into oblivion, but it's time to sober-up and understand that what should matter the most in PvP should be skill, not some macro'ed bat files that could 100-0 anything from stealth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Me, an intellectual:
- There's already 5v5 though, you know Tournaments and stuffs? 
- There's more than enough damage in the game, sustain need nerfs. Firebrand, Scourge and many more need nerfs or rather the complete rework from scratch, since they're broken from very design level, which people fail to see.
- There's already split queue for Unrankeds and Rankeds and Tournaments.
I understand you've got drunk on your powercreeped Mirage into oblivion, but it's time to sober-up and understand that what should matter the most in PvP should be skill, not some macro'ed bat files that could 100-0 anything from stealth.

This has nothing to do with my post but ill bite.
But its okay for warriors/gaurdians/rangers to do it tho right right?

ATs? I was in a grenth AT you know how many teams were in it? Three teams including my team look at those numbers.

No there isn't enough damage in the game it takes a very long time to kill anyone who is aware of your presence who is decent at the game because everyone craps out boons and everyone has a 5-6 second invul and craps out condi cleanse so the only time you can outright kill some one is if your +1 from no where off some ones bliindside with a random 13k True Shot crit from DH coming out of stealth...or ranger coming out of stealth....or a warrior just killshotting for your HP bar.

There are classes that can one shot you from stealth mesmer is not one of them its more like 8 shots from stealth hitting 6 cds and if they miss your screwed vs DH/War/Ranger with easily reusabe burst.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

This has nothing to do with my post but ill bite.
But its okay for warriors/gaurdians/rangers to do it tho right right?

ATs? I was in a grenth AT you know how many teams were in it? Three teams including my team look at those numbers.

No there isn't enough damage in the game it takes a very long time to kill anyone who is aware of your presence who is decent at the game because everyone craps out boons and everyone has a 5-6 second invul and craps out condi cleanse so the only time you can outright kill some one is if your +1 from no where off some ones bliindside with a random 13k True Shot crit from DH coming out of stealth...or ranger coming out of stealth....or a warrior just killshotting for your HP bar.

There are classes that can one shot you from stealth mesmer is not one of them its more like 8 shots from stealth hitting 6 cds and if they miss your screwed vs DH/War/Ranger with easily reusabe burst.

I have not said that it was okay for wars/guards/rangers/etc. in the slightest.

Gratz, you just now estimated amount of players in 5v5 team rankeds most of the time if it would be added to the game.

There is enough damage, there is too much sustain via boons/conditions/evades/blocks/invulns/teleports/healing and others, I have no idea how someone is incapable of seeing something simple as that.

Ah yes, pick the wording as an argument, classics. Mesmer burst can be near-instant with how most of the skills have low to no casttime, thus making possible to macro quite easily, thus making it pretty much one shot.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Firebrand?! Did you mean core guard? Firebrand was nerf into the next dimesion in pvp lol.

14 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Firebrand?! Did you mean core guard? Firebrand was nerf into the next dimesion in pvp lol.

Firebrand needs full rework though, doesn't matter if it's nerfed or not, it's design is simply unacceptable in it's current form. Objectively looking, it provides 15 class skills alone(without drawback on top of that), thus making any other Guardian spec pretty much worthless and bland compared to it.
Numbers doesn't matter in long run as long as the very design is problematic.

19 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Firebrand needs full rework though, doesn't matter if it's nerfed or not, it's design is simply unacceptable in it's current form. Objectively looking, it provides 15 class skills alone(without drawback on top of that), thus making any other Guardian spec pretty much worthless and bland compared to it.

I don't think Firebrand needs a flat out full rework/redesign, it needs choice investment. Basically All the tomes should be minor tomes with 3 pages and lesser effects, but choosing A GM trait promotes one of the minor tomes to one of the 3 current tomes with 5 pages, so you can focus on a particular role you want to fill. Also i will say what made FB even more brain dead spammy in things like WvW was taking the recharge/recast off the mantras, so I think raising the CDs/count recharge on mantras should be a thing in WvW and Spvp.

44 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Without a drawback?

Having no Virtues is a drawback 😅

23 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

I don't think Firebrand needs a flat out full rework/redesign, it needs choice investment. Basically All the tomes should be minor tomes with 3 pages and lesser effects, but choosing A GM trait promotes one of the minor tomes to one of the 3 current tomes with 5 pages, so you can focus on a particular role you want to fill. Also i will say what made FB even more brain dead spammy in things like WvW was taking the recharge/recast off the mantras, so I think raising the CDs/count recharge on mantras should be a thing in WvW and Spvp.

I was thinking more of an access to skill tomes only through via picking 1 of major grandmaster traits, so players would be forced into choosing between offensive, supportive or defensive builds, but even then it would still be powercreep design level.
Currently they have access to all the skills for free, that's bad design right there.

16 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Without a drawback?

Having no Virtues is a drawback 😅

I'm pretty sure at this point that you play completely different game from rest of playerbase. Tomes does still have the same passives as Virtues, only change is the active skills, which in case of Virtues it does have it's own effect, but in case of Tomes it provides 5x3 skills. There's 0 drawbacks, only upgrades. It's like replacing your old GTX 960 with 2 RTX 2080 TI.
If you're incapable of seeing a problem here, that's on you.

20 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I was thinking more of an access to skill tomes only through via picking 1 of major grandmaster traits, so players would be forced into choosing between offensive, supportive or defensive builds, but even then it would still be powercreep design level.
Currently they have access to all the skills for free, that's bad design right there.

I'm pretty sure at this point that you play completely different game from rest of playerbase. Tomes does still have the same passives as Virtues, only change is the active skills, which in case of Virtues it does have it's own effect, but in case of Tomes it provides 5x3 skills. There's 0 drawbacks, only upgrades. It's like replacing your old GTX 960 with 2 RTX 2080 TI.
If you're incapable of seeing a problem here, that's on you.

Ask yourself why Core Guardian is currently better and you will probably come to answer that:

a) Firebrand traitline is inferior

b) instant Virtue activation for immediate impact > access to extra skills

• Thanks 1

It isn't always wrong. Bad and unwanted updates are as much a killer as boredom is, so it is important to consider all sides and to do it right the first time.

You bring back 5man and put a 5man premade against a bunch of solos, the solos might consider quitting.

A lot of people already did leave at the advent of a certain unpaid intern and their string of meganerfs they brought with them. All the balance enthusiasts(and you can find a few here already) that actually like that might consider quitting if the game ever goes back to being fun the way it was.

And when it comes to split queues, a lot of the big top players might consider quitting because they only really like mixed Solo/Duo for some odd reason 🤔

Wonder why that is.

Who do you listen to, and who gets snubbed? 

That should always be asked before updating first and asking questions later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Ask yourself why Core Guardian is currently better and you will probably come to answer that:

a) Firebrand traitline is inferior

b) instant Virtue activation for immediate impact > access to extra skills

You still fail to see that the base kitten design of Firebrand is pure powercreep, stop looking at kitten classes just via only some flat numbers, because it's annoying at this point of your short sighting at the problems here.
Oh no, core Guardian Virtues are instant, but it's nono when Firebrand tomes has 1/4s cast time, like it kitten matters, it'll be only interrupted by some happy-go-lucky cc 99% of time, you can't really time any interrupts, because of lags and ping difference not only you-server but also server-enemy.

Give us modes other then conquest! where's some capture the flag? deathmatch? Ranked pvp outside of conquest please!! No more point captures!!... How its been like this for 9 years... 
Bring back 5v5 ranked Premade! That would solve win trading instantly.  
Buff damage, there is WAY to much defence abilities on people these days, they can defend for days and you sometimes just tickle them unless you sac everything for being able to do some damage, but then some classes get both anyway. If everyone could be able to do damage, that would be nice. All elites did was powercreep everything, seriously, how many core Rangers do you see in pvp? If someone is playing core ranger in pvp they are trolling and don't wonder why your team loses. Though Necro still gets to dominate for some reason since they get tons of cc and multiple health pools to your one health pool and nerfed damage. 

Imagine a Necro actually dying to someone going ham on them and them not being able to just stand and tank it. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

You still fail to see that the base kitten design of Firebrand is pure powercreep, stop looking at kitten classes just via only some flat numbers, because it's annoying at this point of your short sighting at the problems here.
Oh no, core Guardian Virtues are instant, but it's nono when Firebrand tomes has 1/4s cast time, like it kitten matters, it'll be only interrupted by some happy-go-lucky cc 99% of time, you can't really time any interrupts, because of lags and ping difference not only you-server but also server-enemy.

You're so wrong and let me explain why.

Virtue of Resolve 

2,135 healing

2 self condi cleanse

+ other effects Tome has as well

Now just by going into Tome, you're over 2k healing and 2 condi cleanse behind. You need to spend at least 3 casts there to get that. None of Tome of Resolve skills are instant casts, so you can't use them at same time as using other skills like stacking Virtue+"Receive the Light", Empower or use any other weapon skill at same time as you lose access to them while having tomes equipped, neither you can't access other Virtues at same time, you can be interrupted, or people you want to support may be either forced to disengage, so you can't heal them anymore or they can just die meanwhile. On top of that you can't do basic Guard trick which is use Renewed Focus and blow your Virtues mid cast to blow them again after cast vommiting heals, cleanses and boons to allies while avoiding damage yourself all at same time.

So obviously, long term Tome camping should be more efficient than one time use of Virtue, but it's delayed effect requiring time to reap benefits thats feels underwhelming right now even with all the Quickness you get, especially if you think about all drawbacks. Firebrand was supposed to be GW1 Monk limited edition afterall (limited by pages).