Siege Turtles anounced

PC Gamer just dropped an article for the siege Turtle. 😀

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/guild-wars-2s-new-siege-turtle-could-be-the-best-mmo-mount-yet/

It goes under water and has jump jets.

ArenaNet says it won't overuse specific content that can only be accessed with a Siege Turtle. This is in part because players will have to do some work to acquire it. ArenaNet says the quest to unlock the Siege Turtle will be longer than the Raptor or Springer, but (thankfully) shorter than the Griffon or Skyscale—instead pointing to Season 4's Roller Beetle as a comparable quest.

From the artical.

Edited by Flaming.4250
Adding information
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

No joke, I burst out laughing when I saw that it can fly XD 

I can't wait to get my hands on this thing it's going to be so much stupid fun to ride around on.

Now that we're getting a mount with straight up combat utility I hope to see Anet go back and enhance a few of the older ones as well, especially giving Skyscales infinite flight capability which would not ruin the game or make them any more capable of doing what they can already do in Gw2 now.
It would just make it less tedious.

Nothing is off the table anymore now that a single mount which can both travel underwater and fly exists that also has active combat capabilities as well.
There are no more excuses for not enhancing all existing mounts with a few new skills and abilities as well ^^

• Like 4
  • Confused 11

I don’t like all this silly raising the creature again. But the animations and the mount itself have knocked it out of the park. I feared flying might be overkill, but it’s fairly minimal so I’m happy with that. 

Another great mount in a game which does mounts so much better than other mmos

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Siege Turtles!

I hope it won't be a tedious method to get it , don't really mind if it takes some questing or 250g. 250 of each map currency would be woefully uninspired if that is the route taken again.

edit: article states it will be similar to "Season 4's Roller Beetle as a comparable quest".

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

No joke, I burst out laughing when I saw that it can fly XD 

I can't wait to get my hands on this thing it's going to be so much stupid fun to ride around on.

Now that we're getting a mount with straight up combat utility I hope to see Anet go back and enhance a few of the older ones as well, especially giving Skyscales infinite flight capability which would not ruin the game or make them any more capable of doing what they can already do in Gw2 now.
It would just make it less tedious.

Nothing is off the table anymore now that a single mount which can both travel underwater and fly exists that also has active combat capabilities as well.
There are no more excuses for not enhancing all existing mounts with a few new skills and abilities as well ^^

Skyscale should absolutely NOT have unlimited flight, it would trivialize a lot of mounts. Its already borderline op with what it can do already!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I don’t like all this silly raising the creature again. But the animations and the mount itself have knocked it out of the park. I feared flying might be overkill, but it’s fairly minimal so I’m happy with that. 

Afaik somewhere its said that its aquisition is more akin the beetle.

• Like 1

Just now, zealex.9410 said:

Afaik somewhere its said that its aquisition is more akin the beetle.

In terms of time sink and difficulty it is.

Im not overly bothered, it’s just the whole virtual pet thing holds no appeal for me in an mmo. No matter, it’ll be forgotten about when I’ve got the amazing looking mount I’m sure.

This turtle looks fun and I know they're likely not going to add this to WvW but I'd like to suggest before they change their mind, WvW needs a version of the Roller Beatle before another sluggish and awkward moving mount. The warclaw is basically a wingless griffon and feels like walking through hardening cement and this turtle looks fun but would compound the boring map travel. WvW is sadly not open world and it's not very connected to the rest of the game so whatever items we get can really effect game play and enjoyment. 

Just wanted to get ahead of it. 

• Confused 1

I am so much more hyped about this new mount after seeing this new trailer. It looks fun to use, but I am also thrilled that like with the skyscale we get to raise it from a baby (would have loved to do that with all of the mounts, honestly). I know not everyone cares about stuff like that, but for me, raising the mount myself makes it just that much more special. However, I really hope that they've also included the ability to name the siege turtle (and hopefully all of our other mounts too, or at least the skyscale). It's a minor thing, but it still bums me out that I can't name my skyscale like a ranger names its pets.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NovaleePhoenix.1259 said:

I am so much more hyped about this new mount after seeing this new trailer. It looks fun to use, but I am also thrilled that like with the skyscale we get to raise it from a baby (would have loved to do that with all of the mounts, honestly). I know not everyone cares about stuff like that, but for me, raising the mount myself makes it just that much more special. However, I really hope that they've also included the ability to name the siege turtle (and hopefully all of our other mounts too, or at least the skyscale). It's a minor thing, but it still bums me out that I can't name my skyscale like a ranger names its pets.

Mine shall be named Shellbert.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Skyscale should absolutely NOT have unlimited flight, it would trivialize a lot of mounts. Its already borderline op with what it can do already!

I have to strongly disagree with you on that.

What trivialization Skyscale already imposes on the other mounts would not be worsened by unlimited flight in my opinion.
Skyscale is already capable of doing what other mounts can do, the trade off is that they do those things slower, in some cases significantly! slower.

A Raptor will always clear a gap faster than a Skyscale.
A Springer will always climb a mountain faster than a Skyscale, so long as the rider doesn't mess up.
Skimmer will always cross bodies of water faster than a Skyscale.
Sand Jackal will always outpace the Skyscale with it's blnks.
Griffon and Rollar Beetle will always cover massive amounts of terrain significantly faster than the Skyscale
Warclaw... well that can go in WvW and Skyscale can't.. but other than that it's the only mount in PvE the Skyscale makes completely irrelevant but that's intentional.

Not even map breakout and skipping content is cause for concern, dedicated and creative players already do use various mounts and abilities to get around these restrictions and skip content in Gw2.. hell we've been doing it ever since the mounts were added to the game lol
It's actually more fun to some of us figuring out ways to get around no mount areas and skip things like JP's than it is to actually do the JP itself.
If anything unlimited flight would make it even easier to do it and take all the fun out of it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I hope for April Fools next year they make it so the Turtles jet jump launches them super high in the air XD

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Looks fun. A roller-beetle equivalent collection is great. Feels like effort, but not like an endless chore. I'm not normally a pet-raising simulator kind of person, but enjoyed feeding my skyscale and getting it toys.

I do wonder about all the poor leveling characters during the zone event dailies. People already complain about Raptor tail dismount and how much damage it does to low level mobs. People who havent' got the turtle yet are going to need to just abandon any hope of playing in a low level zone when it's part of the daily.

I love the idea of it getting unstable the faster it gets going, and the cooperation with the gunner to keep it on track.

I'd like to know if its combat abilities can be used under water. It'd be sweet to walk along the lake bottoms blasting away at underwater mobs.

• Like 2