Siege Turtles anounced

13 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I hope for April Fools next year they make it so the Turtles jet jump launches them super high in the air XD

I was thinking more;

April 1st patch note

- Canthan industry working on new dragon jade tech accidentally causes huge toxic goop spill. All siege turtles mutate and gain extra ninja powers and a craving for a new local cuisine known colloquially as “pizza”

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Horrible. Can it get any more ridiculous with all the magi-tech in the game? Enough already. :classic_rolleyes:

Perhaps I would perceive it better if it wasn't for all the toxic neon green I will have to look at all the time while riding that mount. I hope they will listen to the feedback and adjust that grotesque color in the flora and all jade technology-related items before release.

• Like 5
  • Confused 8

28 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Horrible. Can it get any more ridiculous with all the magi-tech in the game? Enough already. :classic_rolleyes:

Perhaps I would perceive it better if it wasn't for all the toxic neon green I will have to look at all the time while riding that mount. I hope they will listen to the feedback and adjust that grotesque color in the flora and all jade technology-related items before release.

I love the magi tech a lot, but I kinda get the objections. It is here to stay though. It’s clearly the direction the game is going further into.

The colourings though I agree with. It won’t change either - it seems too late for a full palette change at this stage and there’s no been no indication they have acknowledged the feedback or that they consider it an issue. I’m a bit baffled why they chose it because the artwork is otherwise of a really high standard. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I have to strongly disagree with you on that.

What trivialization Skyscale already imposes on the other mounts would not be worsened by unlimited flight in my opinion.
Skyscale is already capable of doing what other mounts can do, the trade off is that they do those things slower, in some cases significantly! slower.

A Raptor will always clear a gap faster than a Skyscale.
A Springer will always climb a mountain faster than a Skyscale, so long as the rider doesn't mess up.
Skimmer will always cross bodies of water faster than a Skyscale.
Sand Jackal will always outpace the Skyscale with it's blnks.
Griffon and Rollar Beetle will always cover massive amounts of terrain significantly faster than the Skyscale
Warclaw... well that can go in WvW and Skyscale can't.. but other than that it's the only mount in PvE the Skyscale makes completely irrelevant but that's intentional.

Not even map breakout and skipping content is cause for concern, dedicated and creative players already do use various mounts and abilities to get around these restrictions and skip content in Gw2.. hell we've been doing it ever since the mounts were added to the game lol
It's actually more fun to some of us figuring out ways to get around no mount areas and skip things like JP's than it is to actually do the JP itself.
If anything unlimited flight would make it even easier to do it and take all the fun out of it.

Oh are you saying it's already trivialised? I want a nerf on the Skyscale, just like what they did to the Griffon's flying height to make the Skyscale looks good 😮

The Skyscale is already the most used mount on every map, like 80% of the players are on the dragon all the time. And the other 20% didn't use the dragon only because most of them have not gotten it yet. And, it still needs a buff? What??!??

I know you love your dragon alot but i have to strongly disagree with you.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

No joke, I burst out laughing when I saw that it can fly XD 

I can't wait to get my hands on this thing it's going to be so much stupid fun to ride around on.

Now that we're getting a mount with straight up combat utility I hope to see Anet go back and enhance a few of the older ones as well, especially giving Skyscales infinite flight capability which would not ruin the game or make them any more capable of doing what they can already do in Gw2 now.
It would just make it less tedious.

Nothing is off the table anymore now that a single mount which can both travel underwater and fly exists that also has active combat capabilities as well.
There are no more excuses for not enhancing all existing mounts with a few new skills and abilities as well ^^

That doesn't look like flying to me. It's more like a leap or jump to higher ground or over obstacles.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Flaming.4250 said:

PC Gamer just dropped an article for the siege Turtle. 😀

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/guild-wars-2s-new-siege-turtle-could-be-the-best-mmo-mount-yet/

It goes under water and has jump jets.

From the artical.

Thank you for posting this. Some of my guildies and I were oohing and aahing over the trailer. The comment about raising it from a hatchling though was giving us horrific flashbacks to getting the skyscale. So the quote you added here let us continue our Oh Wow! moment without skyscale level fears.  😅

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You can be pretty confident there will be turtle skins made available shortly. Then you can pick a non-jade look.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Let's hope for some skins down the line.

6 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Looks fun. A roller-beetle equivalent collection is great. Feels like effort, but not like an endless chore. I'm not normally a pet-raising simulator kind of person, but enjoyed feeding my skyscale and getting it toys.

I do wonder about all the poor leveling characters during the zone event dailies. People already complain about Raptor tail dismount and how much damage it does to low level mobs. People who havent' got the turtle yet are going to need to just abandon any hope of playing in a low level zone when it's part of the daily.

I love the idea of it getting unstable the faster it gets going, and the cooperation with the gunner to keep it on track.

I'd like to know if its combat abilities can be used under water. It'd be sweet to walk along the lake bottoms blasting away at underwater mobs.

As far I understood you need to have a gunner to be able to do anything offensive with it

16 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I have to strongly disagree with you on that.

What trivialization Skyscale already imposes on the other mounts would not be worsened by unlimited flight in my opinion.
Skyscale is already capable of doing what other mounts can do, the trade off is that they do those things slower, in some cases significantly! slower.

A Raptor will always clear a gap faster than a Skyscale.
A Springer will always climb a mountain faster than a Skyscale, so long as the rider doesn't mess up.
Skimmer will always cross bodies of water faster than a Skyscale.
Sand Jackal will always outpace the Skyscale with it's blnks.
Griffon and Rollar Beetle will always cover massive amounts of terrain significantly faster than the Skyscale
Warclaw... well that can go in WvW and Skyscale can't.. but other than that it's the only mount in PvE the Skyscale makes completely irrelevant but that's intentional.

Not even map breakout and skipping content is cause for concern, dedicated and creative players already do use various mounts and abilities to get around these restrictions and skip content in Gw2.. hell we've been doing it ever since the mounts were added to the game lol
It's actually more fun to some of us figuring out ways to get around no mount areas and skip things like JP's than it is to actually do the JP itself.
If anything unlimited flight would make it even easier to do it and take all the fun out of it.

You are joking right?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Aznarb.6347 said:

I'm a bit lost with this turtle, is it a PvE mount or one who will come for PvP ?
Cuz I struggle to see what she'll be able to do in pve that we can't already do with Skim or sky

It's a PVE mount that may reach WvW in some fashion in the future per the article.

The difference is siege turtle doesn't dismount when you use engage ; it is able to go underwater and also to leap like a springer (although likely not as high). Then there's the copilot aspect where the person can act as a gunner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Infusion.7149 said:

It's a PVE mount that may reach WvW in some fashion in the future per the article.

The difference is siege turtle doesn't dismount when you use engage ; it is able to go underwater and also to leap like a springer (although likely not as high). Then there's the copilot aspect where the person can act as a gunner.

Sound weird but can be fun, I'm gonna wait and see ^^
Thx for the info.

The Siege Turtles look well done so far and I’m sure they’ll be fun for everyone to use! ☺️ I personally won’t be in a rush to get it since Skyscale will still be superior for MY travelling, along with my Jackal, but nonetheless, I’ll eventually get it down the road. I’m curious to know how much damage the siege turtles will deal in WvW and if the jet pack jump will be disabled or not in that mode.