Siege Turtles anounced

Still seems gimmicky to me. There is pretty much nothing in the Open World that most classes can't handle solo, and the content that needs more people still would need more people(and strategy), like Triple Trouble.  Maybe there are some (Group)Bosses, like the Alpha Beetle in the Silverwastes that can be done with a duo on a Turtle, but that seems about it. Acyutally most of those Group events can be done by a good player solo too.  So that leaves us with the very gimmicky feature of "everyone hop on their Turtle for this specific phase of some EoD Boss".  

That article talks about the Engage-mode of GW2 Mounts as being something that matters in an Open World fight: it does not. Not the DPS, not the CC, not the playerbuffs.  It is a tiny boon at the start of an overworld  fight that will be over in seconds anyway. I am sure the Turtle will have more Oomph at the start for certain harder Bosses (again, like the Alpha Beetle for instance) but I do not really see the added value of it.  The problem is also, that if the Turtle truly trivializes any fight, we will only see players fighting on turtles, everywhere.  

Mounts are for movement and quick engages: as soon as they take over serious DPS from a Class you have a problem.

Personally I was expecting this Mount to be introduced next to another feature, like maybe Sieges that would be a new PvE thing in Cantha.  Like how players now overrun a Drizzlewood Coast encampment (and have to smash some stuff too like doors and barricades), but then much, MUCH harder. So that the Turtles truly are needed to overtake such an encampment.  Then they would make sense to me. I am going to hope for that. 

NB: thanks to the OP for finding this article, had not seen it yet. 🙂

Edited by Tyncale.1629
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

/e ponder

Turtle races?  With pilot/gunner aspects, with the pilot guiding the turtle through the race and the gunner shooting at targets along the way (maybe like that adventure thingee in VB).

Turtle auto-pilot? No partner? No problem! Set the controls for the heart of uh, thorns, and man the guns!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, zombyturtle.5980 said:

You are joking right?

Not at all.

I have yet to see any good arguments against unlimited flight Skyscales in any of the conversations I've had on it.

Most counter arguments are a simple "it would break the game" but few give details on how.
The ones that do give details on how it would break the game, like map breakouts and skipping content, fail to realise that the Skyscale as well as other mounts already can do those things in Gw2 anyway so unlimited flight would not change anything there outside of making the Skyscale more fun to use.

• Confused 3

On 11/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, zombyturtle.5980 said:

You are joking right?

Not at all.

I have yet to see any good arguments against unlimited flight Skyscales in any of the conversations I've had on it.

Most counter arguments are a simple "it would break the game" but few give details on how.
The ones that do give details on how it would break the game, like map breakouts and skipping content, fail to realise that the Skyscale as well as other mounts already can do those things in Gw2 anyway so unlimited flight would not change anything there outside of making the Skyscale more fun to use.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2