Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Cant buy gems anymore with the new payment methods.


Recommended Posts

When i buys gems i need to add my payment method, when i choose paypal  im getting forwarded to the guildwars payment method.

So i added my payment method link but i can press proceed in the item store after i done that,  and i still end up on the same page every time.

What now? 

 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by peterschulz.3865
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if this is relevant for what people in this thread experience, but at least use CS to get fixed. Nobody here can do anything either with where you have you money (Paypal or Bank), the one handling payment for ANet (Digital River Inc.) or Areana Net.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409467504147-In-game-Purchasing-for-GeForce-Now-Users-Currently-Blocked

If this isn't relevant (you don't use GeForece Now for purchasing items), then at least create a ticket to CS so they can start their process for researching what is going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Don't know if this is relevant for what people in this thread experience, but at least use CS to get fixed. Nobody here can do anything either with where you have you money (Paypal or Bank), the one handling payment for ANet (Digital River Inc.) or Areana Net.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409467504147-In-game-Purchasing-for-GeForce-Now-Users-Currently-Blocked

If this isn't relevant (you don't use GeForece Now for purchasing items), then at least create a ticket to CS so they can start their process for researching what is going on.

Digital River is no longer the payment provider.  (See News and Announcements.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Digital River is no longer the payment provider.  (See News and Announcements.)

Thanks!

It looks like Arena Net did announce it on 17th Nov. Maybe that is the reason why some people have problems with their payment methods?

Here is link to Support page for those who wants to know more:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409409725075

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ava Avhlan.8392 said:

If only they updated the list of rep gem sellers in my country, none of these work.

Here's the updated official retailers for Europe.  (No longer 20% discount, but official retailers.)  If you happen to be in Europe, that is.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-20-off-guild-wars-2-gem-cards-in-europe/

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
Link to post
Share on other sites

I could just buy Gems, but the whole payment procedure is a bit unintuitive: you are being redirected to your account page where you "book" the payment method in advance - that's not you placing a payment yet. Then you are being asked to select the amount of Gems in-game (again) and choose the aforementioned saved payment method from the in-game browser.

The next purchase should be easier, I assume, as the payment method was already selected and saved, so that you should be able to pay right away in the game's Gem Store without having to go to your account page again.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vesenya.4239 said:

Same problem. I used to pay via my pay pal and now can't do. It asks me to login into Anet page. I do that and then - forever loading page. No error, no nothing. I cleared browser cache and contacted Anet's CS. They said - we're sorry and we're investigating. That's all. 

At least you got a reply! I hope they fix it in time for the black friday sales 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vesenya.4239 said:

Same problem. I used to pay via my pay pal and now can't do. It asks me to login into Anet page. I do that and then - forever loading page. No error, no nothing. I cleared browser cache and contacted Anet's CS. They said - we're sorry and we're investigating. That's all. 

i had this happen then noticed at the top in game it said English US i clicked and changed it to English uk and that fixed it dunno if that will help with your problem good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the same problem. Can't buy any gems even though the Paypal account worked fine before. I could add the Paypal account to my game account no problem. It shows in game but if I try to buy anything there's only an error message. "Something went wrong, please try again later!" Error Code 108.

That code says "This error is likely due to a web browser issue. Please try a different browser or enabling JavaScript on your current browser before attempting your purchase again." But how can I change the browser in game... that doesn't make any sense at all.

Changing languages doesn't help, already tried it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2021 at 6:39 PM, lionlady.1560 said:

i had this happen then noticed at the top in game it said English US i clicked and changed it to English uk and that fixed it dunno if that will help with your problem good luck

Yep, I did that too and nothing. 😞 Friend told me to open the site in incognito mode but nope.. didn't help. Too bad they changed it right for Black Friday sales... eh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Altion.9576 said:

Support told me that It seems we need to log into paypal and add a secondary payment option for this to work, either a credit card or a bank account wich is competely stupid since Im using paypall to AVOID doing that....  

Since I cant even pay with my credit card, this seems just like a stupid answer

Edited by Syndrome.1465
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...