Cant buy gems anymore with the new payment methods.

1 hour ago, Altion.9576 said:

Amazon wont sell me gem cards for some reason, the item "disapears" in checkout and the new payment processor is a pile of BRAHAM! that ask me for a credit card,  I only want to support my favorite game but Im out of options..... 

Amazon (US) is only selling digital Gem Cards at this time.  Are those the ones that are 'disappearing'?

17 hours ago, Altion.9576 said:

Amazon wont sell me gem cards for some reason, the item "disapears" in checkout and the new payment processor is a pile of BRAHAM! that ask me for a credit card,  I only want to support my favorite game but Im out of options..... 

Amazon have devided their web shop after where you are registered (region) to live (as you need to register with your adress even when you only plan to order digital goods delivered by email).

It means if you live in Europe (UK aren't part of EU anymore as BREXIT have now gone through) and use Amazone DE (German site; where it is possible to change language to English and even pay with other currencies) you will still not have any items at checkout as Amanzon will check you recidency against their database and remove items (blocking) any purchase that aren't part of that Amazon sites region.

Gameliebe.com on the other hand is a Schweiz based site (language German, but can be changed to English and support also communicate in English when needed). Try them instead if you want to buy PoF standard edition on sale (€ 15).

They don't need your adress to confirm a purchase over Credit or Debit card. Only your email and you will be directed to your banks security to confirm purchase through for authentication by SMS or the option bank and VISA/Mastercard will offer.

https://www.gameliebe.com/guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-standard-edition-download-online-kaufen.html

As for retailers Arena Net have published they are the only one I could find that actually work towards people living in EU.

15 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Odd.  Works for me.

If it works for you it might be because you live in a large region like USA (Amazon.com default to USA depending your IP adress) and for that it in general work better, but for us people living in EU it is much more divided for which Amazon site we will be directed to use as if you live in Amazon UK only for people living (have registered their adress as living in UK region) and for Amazon DE only for people living in one of the countries that are considered part of Germany for that site and so on. Amazon SE [Amazon.se] (for Sweden doesn't sell any PoF or Gems) and if they would people from Danmark, Norway or other Nordic/Scandinavian countries would probably not be able to buy anything from that site. What happend if you use Amazon.se today are that you will be redirected to Amazon.de which is the German site for EU.

People in this thread need to clearify where they live as for region (registered adress on Amazon [com/de/uk/se] site which will be check in last stage of checkout) and for which site they try to shop at.

You can add items in your cart, but after you log in you can not finally purchase (pay) for that item at it will be removed when it checks your adress against which region that site belong to and what adress your log in have stored.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

On 12/8/2021 at 11:10 AM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Amazon have devided their web shop after where you are registered (region) to live (as you need to register with your adress even when you only plan to order digital goods delivered by email).

It means if you live in Europe (UK aren't part of EU anymore as BREXIT have now gone through) and use Amazone DE (German site; where it is possible to change language to English and even pay with other currencies) you will still not have any items at checkout as Amanzon will check you recidency against their database and remove items (blocking) any purchase that aren't part of that Amazon sites region.

Gameliebe.com on the other hand is a Schweiz based site (language German, but can be changed to English and support also communicate in English when needed). Try them instead if you want to buy PoF standard edition on sale (€ 15).

They don't need your adress to confirm a purchase over Credit or Debit card. Only your email and you will be directed to your banks security to confirm purchase through for authentication by SMS or the option bank and VISA/Mastercard will offer.

https://www.gameliebe.com/guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-standard-edition-download-online-kaufen.html

As for retailers Arena Net have published they are the only one I could find that actually work towards people living in EU.

Thanks for the explanation but I live in Argentina and I think thats the issue...

Edited by Altion.9576
  • Like 1

Had the same issues today.  Tried with my debit card no dice. Tried with paypal nope.  Linked my debit card with my paypal... even though my paypal is already linked with my checking account still nothing. 

Went to amazon and had my gem code in 1 minute.  This new system has left me very very disappointed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

I keep getting the error 80808 😞 Wonder when this will be fixed. Wanted to get another character slot since it has a nice discount, but I guess I'll miss the opportunity because this won't get fixed in time.

That's a 'Security Check' error; you will need to contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below for assistance.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello gem store is not working for me. Always gives me this error I've tried on different days different times always this same. I open the store, choose my gem option, choose finnish e-banking, click my bank, and this error pops up. Every time! 

https://imgur.com/a/JeVAi9V

5 hours ago, Koukku.1985 said:

Hello gem store is not working for me. Always gives me this error I've tried on different days different times always this same. I open the store, choose my gem option, choose finnish e-banking, click my bank, and this error pops up. Every time! 

https://imgur.com/a/JeVAi9V

Here is some information:  https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231273908-Troubleshooting-Trading-Post-Errors

Good luck.