What's your favorite upcoming EoD elite spec and why?

Cynder.2509

What's your favorite upcoming EoD elite spec so far and why?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite upcoming EoD elite spec so far and why?

• Willbender
    • Vindicator
    • Bladesworn
    • Mechanist
    • Untamed
    • Specter
    • Catalyst
    • Virtuoso
    • Harbinger

Mechanist because of how they designed the pet skills. They obviously put a lot of work into it and its good fun. I Generally prefer having a dozen or so minions that I have a lot of control over but this is a step in the right direction. Second is Harbinger without question. Harbinger will be what I play the most for sure, but its design isn't that exciting since it lacks the alchemist or lovecraftian vibes I'd be looking for with a pistol using necromancer.

I do understand that Harbinger is an alchemist, sure. However when I think of alchemy it isn't just the brewing of potions, in fact that's the last thing I tend to think. I think of the formulas used to try and craft gold with sulfur. The use organic and inorganic materials to craft homunculus in a bottle. I think of the magnum opus. which talks about the four stages of alchemic purity to crafting a philosopher's stone. The idea that the Alchemist is trying to play god with life. ALL of this flavor is sorely lacking in the Harbinger's design. And the fact the shroud and the transmutation circles are both green and not red/purple, like the final stage of creating a philosopher's stone just harms the sale of it's fantasy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Mechanist, Virtuoso and Harbinger were playable during beta, so for sure I will have some time with them after EoD release. Reason is simple: they aren't worse than HoT or PoF specs.

But other specs? I don't really see what is the reason to play Willbender over Firebrand, or Vindicator over Renegade besides FUN, because some old specs does everything better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

Mechanist, Virtuoso and Harbinger were playable during beta, so for sure I will have some time with them after EoD release. Reason is simple: they aren't worse than HoT or PoF specs.

But other specs? I don't really see what is the reason to play Willbender over Firebrand, or Vindicator over Renegade besides FUN, because some old specs does everything better.

Willbender at the moment is more of a bad DH, and Vindicator's theoretical niche isn't even occupied, it's just horribly underpowered. The specs have potential, but for any of it to be fulfilled, they need work. 

The one I had the most fun with was Specter.  I played it more as condi DPS rather than a healbot, and I liked it.  It felt good (which is the most important aspect of any class, if you ask me), and despite people saying it's weak, with the spec and gear I used it did a lot of damage, and was nearly unkillable to boot.

That being said, I don't really know if it's the one I'm most looking forward to.  I play Mesmer a lot; I didn't like Virtuoso that much, but that may just be because I really didn't understand it, and I'm really interested in seeing how it's been updated.  I also play Necromancer a lot, and Harbinger showed a lot of promise; it was just kind of...bland.  But I'm also really interested in seeing how that one turns out next update.