Too unbalanced

9 minutes ago, dokkebeee.2815 said:

ok.. DPS exist in the game... so you just came in here to troll? I am telling you and presented that healing and defense class is there and unbalanced, just proved it.

Even if "defence and healing class" existed, how do you propose it would be "balanced to DPS class"? How are you going to balance apples and potatoes? 

well casting time is much longer for the "defensive classes" the effectiveness to counter the skills of offensive is too weak posing to offensive skills, making it unbalanced. The healings and other skill traits are too unbalanced to counter the dmg taken. I dont wanna circle around again proving it, if you dont understand what i am saying you dont have to reply, this is a forum to talk about the problem, not a tantrum. I believe talking and taking action helps to solve the problem

Edited by dokkebeee.2815
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Is this a pvp topic? I’m confused. Not sure if this is even a serious post, but I admit I’m perplexed enough to respond. Are you saying that a support class can’t outlast a dps class 1v1 and that’s unbalanced? I think it’s probably more about matchup and player skill. In PVE, I’m not sure how this would be relevant, obviously healing and dps are separate and you build for one or the other. Not sure about cast time differences that you mentioned, but FB has a lot of instant cast and passive defensive skills. Longer cast times tend to be associated with big damage or long CC skills across all classes.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

yeah, sorry I dont know why you thought it was not serious? (unless you are trying to be smart). well for wvw. Right, it should be skills, but skills do not match up because its unbalanced. I have to disagree casting time is different for different classes

Edited by dokkebeee.2815
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dokkebeee.2815 said:

yeah, sorry I dont know why you thought it was not serious? (unless you are trying to be smart). well for wvw. Right, it should be skills, but skills do not match up because its unbalanced. I have to disagree casting time is different for different classes

Yes I agree the defensive/healing options in game is to powerful and should be nerfed.

Since you can avoid damage 100% by just dodging, blocking, ageis boon or just moving away from the attacks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, dokkebeee.2815 said:

I'm not sure why you're fixating on perceived disparities in casting time between offensive and defensive skills.  It's not broadly relevant (and if you're making a specific comparison you haven't elaborated upon it here!).  It didn't stop me from defending here.  My opponents had me outnumbered 2v1 and both were taking advantage of high-damage builds for the no downstate event (See my poor friend get obliterated off the chronomancer's opener while she was clearing her inventory! Ouch!).

They can 1-shot someone who is not defending themselves, but different story for an opponent who is actively attempting to avoid their attacks and counter-pressure.  I'm not saying balance is perfect, but what about this suggests that there is some across the board disparity favoring offense over defense?  If you're talking of specific scenarios, then you need to be more clear in making your point.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dokkebeee.2815 said:

..the what? (class like FB)

There is no "defense class." I'm not sure what you're referring to (FB is mostly defense clas no? Class like healers and tanks) - do you mean that every class in this game tends to be a Glass Cannon  (able to dish out high amounts of damage, but unable to defend against equal amounts of damage)? Or that defensive abilities...take too long to activate? Aren't strong enough?

This game has done away with the classic "trinity" structure of healer, DPS, tank. While some classes/elite specializations can handle much more damage than others, they aren't meant to be straight-up tanks. Their primary role, no matter the class, is to deal damage. Mitigating or avoiding damage is primarily how classes "tank" - using dodge rolls, teleports, reflects, etc., instead of simply standing put and absorbing whatever damage hits them.

the what? glass cannon? I cant fill in all the questions you have, I dont think you understand many of the questions I have. I dont even know why you are responding if you dont understand anything I say.

No, FB is most certainly not mostly a defense class.

As to defense vs offense: A single dodge can negate multiple high damage attacks at once.

It could be possible to buff the healing skills of certain classes if you want to play supportive role. By allowing attributes like Healing power to reduce healing skills cooldown as well.

Nonetheless, I despise the idea of having tanks or support. It would make the classic- corny trinity of MMORPG back into gw2. The idea about finding a tank, support, blah blah on every important group activities tire me. As for the ten thousand times I did on the other games. It would make some people much less active, engaging in combat and this way gw2 will become more of a strategic game than a frontline combat, skills-based game. 

Edited by Gegege.9056
  • Like 1

I'm just wondering about the talk about slow cast times, as I'm playing the most defensive class in the game afaik(scrapper) and almost all of my abilities activate instantly without any casting time at all.

Going full healer in the game is quite interesting as well, as you will focus on adding outgoing healing % increasing sigils, runes, food & utility and will end up healing your buddies almost twice as much as yourself, and will thus not be as tough and have to avoid taking too much damage even if the rest of the party can take it without any trouble.

15 hours ago, dokkebeee.2815 said:

ok.. DPS exist in the game... so you just came in here to troll? I am telling you and presented that healing and defense class is there and unbalanced, just proved it.

Yes, DPS exists in the game and since FB can easly deal high amounts of dps, your claim about it being some sort of "defensive class" is wrong. Clear now? Cool.

On the other hand you've linked a wiki page that lists healing skills, where all of the classes are listed, because all of the classes have access to those skills. It does absolutely nothing for your made up claim that "FB is a defensive class". You trying to call anyone in this thread a "troll" is pretty ironic.

12 hours ago, dokkebeee.2815 said:

its ok, i proved it is already.

Nope, you didn't "prove" anything. List some specific skills with specific times, make an actual argument for your claims. For now you just look like someone who's new to the game, while you're trying to make some almost randomized blanket statements that just aren't factual.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, what about it? Healing skills exist in the game, what does it have to do with anything?

(hopefully you've checked the previous link thought)

@dokkebeee.2815Maybe we should add to that, that all Healing skills do more then just hea in this gamel? They either provide block (like Aegis boon on FB), a shield or something else that also will reduce incomming damage (protection, resolution and resistance as example). Ranger have Healing skills that will also heal and protect their Pet.

There is no single skill in this game that only do one thing in this game. Every skill have at least two or three possible abilities like Stun Break, condition or boon that trigger at the same when a skill is active. Add to that depending on which Traits that is active it will also change how skill work when activated which adds more layer then just a pure defense in that way.

We also have Runes (for armour) that trigger (procs) certain effects as 6th bonus, so there are defensive ways to handle damage mitigation and no need for tanks or pure healers. On weapon there are Sigils that also can increase dodges like Sigil of Energy or increase your uptime in boons (adds 10% more to Consentration attribute - longer duration).

Both Runes and Sigil can be added and changed on armour and weapon which make it possible to adjust for what is needed. Do you need some more Condi cleans? Then just use Sigil of Cleansing (removes up to 3 conditions - 9 sec cooldown) on one your of weapon that are active in combat and when changing weapon to second bar it will procs or when you use anything that counts as an "on swap" for that profession.

Not to forget that Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage have their Illusions to work as an extra wall of clones or Rangers Pet that take away some of main aggro from NPCs or Enemy players (in PvP/WvW). Necro, Thief and core Elementalist have have their Summons/Minion/Conjurer (both weapon and elemental Pets) and so on.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 1:53 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

Due to the overly generic nature of the post, I suspect this is a bot or spam account posting to build up a history.

I've seen similar stuff on many forums over the years.

So your saying everyone needs to be entertained for changes to happen? That is a bit absurd, if its a generic problem then clearly its been going on to long.

• Confused 4