Anyone know how many hero points are needed for End of Dragon's Specializations?

1 minute ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

My guess would be 250. Just like every other espec.

I hope so,  I just spent the last 5 hours collecting about 270 hero points from Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns expansions, I now have 305 points saved up.  There is only 1 more hero point challenge in Heart of Thorn expansion, but I am far away from getting the itzel poison mastery that is needed to reach that one.  I got all the ones in Path of Fire.  I think the only points I do not have are ~90 points scattered in the original game, but you only earn those 1 point at a time, that's to much a grind.  So yeah, hopefully I am prepared for the next specialization right out the gate.

• Confused 1

I do.  I got 305 points saved up.  Today I spent about 5 hours doing the rest of the hero points I missed in the PoF expansion, and then heading off to HoT expansion area and doing the ones I missed there, I believe I got about 270 points today.  There is only 1 more HoT hero point that I missed that I cannot do since I do not have the Itzel poison mastery and I am like 2 or 3 tiers away from that and I am not going to grind that out.  Then the only other ones I am missing are about 90 points throughout the original game.

So yeah, I think I am prepared for the next elite specialization, being able to max it out pretty much right away.

Are you prepared for it?  Don't care about elite specializations? or want to earn the points through EoD expansion instead?

rofl - What, are we having a public muscle flexing contest? If so, I've got 18,158 Testimonies of Heroics, which can buy 18,158 hero points for any alt who needs them. In addition, I've got 1,302 Tomes of Experience which will level up 16 new alts, more than enough to try out all the new specializations. Oh, and I should add in the 629 WvW reward track potions I have stocked up, which will immediately unlock 7 reward tracks should EoD have that many. Having said all that, let me hasten to add that I'm sure there are plenty of players who's numbers would make mine look positively puny.  

Sarcasm aside, you do make an excellent point about getting ready for the new expansion. Hopefully people are doing that. And all joking aside, gratz on getting yourself ready like that.

EDIT: Oh, and don't be impressed by my numbers. Even an old, slow player like me can run up totals like that just by playing enough, and dying enough, in WvW. 😅

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Confused 3

I have at least 200 points on all of my characters, some even 400.

I'll eventually go through all of Cantha with all my characters to get the points there.

13 hours ago, eisberg.2379 said:

There is only 1 more HoT hero point that I missed that I cannot do since I do not have the Itzel poison mastery and I am like 2 or 3 tiers away from that and I am not going to grind that out.

You could get that one via WvW.

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2021 at 12:07 PM, eisberg.2379 said:

I hope so,  I just spent the last 5 hours collecting about 270 hero points from Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns expansions, I now have 305 points saved up....

Oh, are we flexing? I have at least one of every profession ready to go with their 250 hero points already earned. I prefer the alts route, so one of each profession + elite. No need to create any new characters.

Edited by DeanBB.4268
typo

On 1/18/2022 at 6:30 PM, falviani.2830 said:

I was unaware there's a cap. Could you point me to a doc about that? Thanks.

Did you think that Guild Wars 2 goes on forever and you can spend an eternity to unlock billions of hero points?

There are at the moment "only" 904 hero points in the game. If you unlock everything you can on one char (2 elite specification) you would be left with 404 hero points. Many assume that this is enough to unlock the next elite specification. At least that was the case with PoF, where we had enough hero points in core+HoT so that we could unlock the new elite specification at once.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_point

following logic its 250, but dont take it for granted. on the other hand, its always fun asking the community stuff they cant know :V

On 11/20/2021 at 4:55 AM, Chichimec.9364 said:

rofl - What, are we having a public muscle flexing contest? If so, I've got 18,158 Testimonies of Heroics, which can buy 18,158 hero points for any alt who needs them. In addition, I've got 1,302 Tomes of Experience which will level up 16 new alts, more than enough to try out all the new specializations. Oh, and I should add in the 629 WvW reward track potions I have stocked up, which will immediately unlock 7 reward tracks should EoD have that many.

only that the testemonies are for pof hps, the tomes alone only give enough for core and tracks dont give hps. you should have kept the rankupchests. but mediocre flex/10

Edited by Scavarius.6059
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scavarius.6059 said:

following logic its 250, but dont take it for granted. on the other hand, its always fun asking the community stuff they cant know :V

only that the testemonies are for pof hps, the tomes alone only give enough for core and tracks dont give hps. you should have kept the rankupchests. but mediocre flex/10

rofl - I'm not sure you actually read, or understood, my post, or perhaps I just didn't make myself clear. The Testimonies of Heroics can be used to get HoT, PoF, or core Tyria hero points. However, once you have the hps, they can be applied to learning any skills and traits. So, hero points from any source should be useable to level up EoD specializations unless there is a change in how the hp mechanics work. My intention with the Tomes of Experience was not to use them for hero points but for leveling up new characters in case I wanted some for EoD. The Testimonies of Heroics would then be used for those new alts to max out the new elite specs. The reward track potions have nothing to do with hero points. They are there in case there are new EoD reward tracks that I want to get quickly. 

As for my mediocre flex, I pointed that out a couple of times myself in that post.

Having said all that, let me hasten to add that I'm sure there are plenty of players who's numbers would make mine look positively puny...

Oh, and don't be impressed by my numbers. Even an old, slow player like me can run up totals like that just by playing enough, and dying enough, in WvW. 😅

🙃

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 4:55 AM, Chichimec.9364 said:

rofl - What, are we having a public muscle flexing contest? If so, I've got 18,158 Testimonies of Heroics, which can buy 18,158 hero points for any alt who needs them. In addition, I've got 1,302 Tomes of Experience which will level up 16 new alts, more than enough to try out all the new specializations. Oh, and I should add in the 629 WvW reward track potions I have stocked up, which will immediately unlock 7 reward tracks should EoD have that many. Having said all that, let me hasten to add that I'm sure there are plenty of players who's numbers would make mine look positively puny.  

Sarcasm aside, you do make an excellent point about getting ready for the new expansion. Hopefully people are doing that. And all joking aside, gratz on getting yourself ready like that.

EDIT: Oh, and don't be impressed by my numbers. Even an old, slow player like me can run up totals like that just by playing enough, and dying enough, in WvW. 😅

I like to link my toilet paper stack when people flex legendaries in map chat 😄

Sadly I can't do that in this forum 

Edit: actually ... 250🧻

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

I like to link my toilet paper stack when people flex legendaries in map chat 😄

Sadly I can't do that in this forum 

Edit: actually ... 250🧻

You’re the reason we could only buy one pack at a time! 😄

I hadn’t realized the pandemic had reached Tyria.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2