Do you think this will be the last expansion for GW2?

Tyria the planet is big, there are continents yet unexplored. After Cantha the dragons will be dead. A good move on Anet's part would be Guild Wars 3, new continent, some existing and old races, new conflict new timeline say a 1000 years into the future. After Cantha if I see the following words I'm out; Guild Wars 2, Tyria, Elona, Cantha, Dragons of any type. 😝

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I don’t understand how anyone can declare an MMO still in production to be the next big MMO. Not if you have any experience with them.

I was showcasing the mentality of expectations many big companies pressure into new projects, and the type of advertisement that is done.

Of course no one can predict with absolute certainty that the product will indeed be "the next big thing" (especially not when the studio is working under pressure) - you can only assume, and even that only when the studio is 100% upfront about everything and there is a constant flow of information, feedback on feedback, frequently shown footage, alpha tests etc.

Other than that, one can only hope (but I am extremely confident with the project I mentioned, especially since there is no publisher and no deadline behind it).

Anyway, my point was: I doubt that we will see a GW3.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Do we know what made the human jump universe ? Like why they came into Tyria ? Because that's a plot point I could see them use that at some point, like the ED kept our plane hidden but since they died, there are too much magic and it make us into a magic  Lighthose, pulling beings like a moth to the flame, but like a big moth, that doesn't get hurt by the flame

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I predict that the next big story once the dragons are gone, is the return of the gods. We will find out why they left and what brings them back.

That would be swell, but I am 100% certain that ArenaNet won't do it.

Besides, Kormir made it very clear that Tyria no longer needs them, so they don't seem compelled to return anytime soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Kormir made it very clear that Tyria no longer needs them, so they don't seem compelled to return anytime soon.

Never trust Kormir. She's never been trustworthy or even remotely useful.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

What?! She saved us all from doom in GW1. What are talking about?

You're in for a treat.

But yes, it'd be nice to do something more with the gods than just killing them or hearing about their offscreen shenanigans. If we don't get an expansion about them, I'd also accept a mists-based story arc looking into the damage caused by Kralk, examining Glint's existence (and that of her ghost army), and/or learning more about where humanity came from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

This is not how Kormir behaved, ever.

It's a meme, Ash.

A long-running GW1 meme is that Kormir isn't helpful because her AI isn't particularly smart and often she'll just stand on top of your dead body, smiling and refusing to work on the objective with you - unless the objective is not to kill something in which case she'll run in guns blazing. In terms of the story, she also had a habit of showing up long after she would have been useful, usually with an idea worse than the player character's, and ultimately stepped on your face to ascend to godhood despite all the world-saving you'd done to get to that point.

I should know, I played through those missions two weeks ago. My face still hurts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

It's a meme, Ash.

I got it. But you presented it like it was holding some truth for GW2. 😉 You took it out of context in connection to Kormir's words in GW2 regarding the status quo of the Gods.

P.S. Yes, I remember the bad AI in GW1 and how most NPCs were useless during missions (Alesia, anyone?). I was so happy when they introduced the Hero system, so I could finally control my entourage manually. 😄

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

It's a meme, Ash.

A long-running GW1 meme is that Kormir isn't helpful because her AI isn't particularly smart and often she'll just stand on top of your dead body, smiling and refusing to work on the objective with you - unless the objective is not to kill something in which case she'll run in guns blazing. In terms of the story, she also had a habit of showing up long after she would have been useful, usually with an idea worse than the player character's, and ultimately stepped on your face to ascend to godhood despite all the world-saving you'd done to get to that point.

I should know, I played through those missions two weeks ago. My face still hurts.

It's not even bad AI, just passive.

Proph and Factions: important characters fight alongside you, but if they die mission fails which people hated.

Nightfall: they made Kormir avoid combat so she doesn't get herself killed. Now people hated her for not fighting.

EotN: Anet gives up, friendly NPCs fight alongside you and rez themselves infinitely with no penalty.

• Confused 2

I hope this will be the last for "narrative fatigue" reasons. IBS was so..... Argrhhh come on, man, I think they just were out of ideas, they need something new to refresh.

Technical reasons. Although Dx11 is good, lets be honest, is not kind of a big deal. Besides, for a MMO that fosters Zergs in events, World Bosses and WvW... The fact that you must dial-down your elements on screen to be playabe, is unacceptable.

Make a GW3 with a proper 2022 engine (Dx12 compatible), scalable to be upgradable and be able to see all of our teams fighting like a true Zerg.

Edited by jasepo.1527
  • Confused 2

Of course. That studio is running on fumes and the last saving grace it had was this travesty, EoD. All signs consistently point to EoD being a whimper and no future for GW 2. This is the LAST expansion and more like a package of LW episodes if you compare it to the previous two ACTUAL expansions.

Edited by Cynova.1236
  • Like 7
  • Confused 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 2:53 AM, Cynova.1236 said:

Of course. That studio is running on fumes and the last saving grace it had was this travesty, EoD. All signs consistently point to EoD being a whimper and no future for GW 2. This is the LAST expansion and more like a package of LW episodes if you compare it to the previous two ACTUAL expansions.

Ah but it's even sure, when they say "End of Dragons" is not the end, they bet on hope without really lying, precisely: they were just suggesting in my opinion that after End of Dragons there was one more thing: the LW6. And that's all we will have, after that the game will end up in maintenance mode like Guild Wars 1st, until the day when IF Arenanet goes bankrupt (for lack of interesting projects), both games will close. Meanwhile Guild Wars 2 will have destroyed a whole lore, irreversibly.

Afterwards, End of Dragons keeps ideas, interesting things in their infancy... and will remain so rather than improving unfortunately, in that that's all it's worth. Playing End of Dragons, just to finish years on this game, conclude it and enjoy the atmosphere of Cantha which is not so catastrophic either (but which could have been 1000 times better).

Take what is to be taken in terms of finality, because it is simply the last extension. (On the other hand for my case I would only take the minimum, that is to say the standard version, or else I would wait for the reduction, I remain on the idea that 30$ for that is a shame). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I don't think it will be the end of Guild Wars 2. After the dragons, there is still a lot more to discover, maybe even new things that we don't know about yet. Maybe even a new race that could be discovered? Perhaps the gods return, or some new kind of threat rises.
I mean, I believe, if I remember correctly, there must be somewhere in the world a second pale tree? (Unless we find out about that in Cantha...) Or maybe we go underground to find out that there are still dwarves there who haven't been affected by the curse that turns them to stone.... I personally hope that the 'Pact' comes to an end, giving us more stories on the different orders, which of course will be unlikely but I wouldn't say no to it.

There are so many options still left, but I do agree, it would also give them a good reason to start a fresh new game. I guess only time will tell.

• Like 1