Meta event trains in dragonfall

I want to start by saying that I appreciate all the organising creating squads and running people through the meta event.   

It's great. However,  there is an issue with leaving newer players behind, who usually don't have Skyscale, and maybe not even Griphon.  So, maybe people can try to slow down a little? Even with the bonus event, there are often at least 4 or 5 minutes left. 

Thank you for your consideration. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I understand why you would want that, but I don't think that it is a very reasonable request. Most farm trains are about efficiency and getting as many rewards as possible for the duration of the train. 

Lets say that the squad is full and there are 50 ppl doing the events. Out of these 50 about 3-4 will be like you- newer without the proper tools to do the events as efficiently as they would like. Do you think that it is ok for 47 people to do everything slower and get less rewards, so the 3 people that are lagging behind can catch up? That is a very selfish way of thinking.

If I recall corectly, the griffon is about 250 gold and it is not timegated. So, I would suggest that you do something else like Silverwastes or the HOT maps that were not designed around flying. They are quite profitable and you can get that 250 gold quite fast. Once you are done and have the proper tools for Dragonfall you can go join the train. This way you won't be upset that people don't way for you AND you will be able to be way more efficient and get more rewards for your time. 

• Like 2

Dragonfall is kind of made for Skyscale though, and while there are some tricks to get to "the thing" without it, in time (like jackal portal to several champs after the meta), it's really meant for Skyscale. 

And the map doesn't try to hide it. There's skyscales everywhere to borrow, your Skyscale quest starts there, half or even more of the Skyscale achievements are done on that map... 

I mean, Skyscale is a bit annoying to get, maybe, idk i had fun, but it's pretty cheap compared to the Griffon and all it takes is time. 

So get your own Skyscale and keep up with the group. Yeah, you're going to miss some stuff in the process, but it'll be worth it in the end. Not just for dragonfall but for other metas as well, especially Drizzlewood Coast.

Until then, Springer is your best friend on that map!

• Sad 1

On 11/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, mythical.6315 said:

Skyscale really isn’t necessary except for one champ if someone hasn’t used a beetle to clear the way to use springer on the other side. You can get to all of the other champs at around the same time, or even before, those using primarily the skyscale. 

Actually for all but one like you mentioned Griffon is way faster. I've been commanding the champ train quite often in the past.

If we take the usual route, the Air elemental requires beetle for the fastest route but there is alternative with Griffon from south shrine which is about the same. And the Hydra after the teleport to SE shrine, Skyscale is the fastest.

For the attack on Kralk, I would say Griffon is better in general but there are some instances Skyscale is good. People just often forget that you can teleport to shrines at anytime, even in combat and super speed anywhere.

But this all requires good knowledge of the map and off course knowing how to use Griffon properly. If you don't know the map Skyscale is better.

For the first part, the camp upgrading / keyfarm part, Skyscale is very much preferred. But you don't really need to tag all the events and can take it easy.