"Masters of weapons and physical combat"

Zekent.3652

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I came up with the best solution. Gunflame every mfer in existence. Thatis now all I do everyday. Ngl gunflame mastery is pretty fun.

Did you saw the 3-4k of dmg per hit? Now think with me the average health is 19k and 3k-4k x 5 = 15k-20k. Boom!!!! "You want ranger dmg take it." 🤣🤣😂😂🤣

I play the core version because of its versatilite and sustain. The Berserker is too aggressive.

I came up with the best solution. Gunflame every mfer in existence. Thatis now all I do everyday. Ngl gunflame mastery is pretty fun.

Man, I love rolling GS/Rifle Berserker and purposefully stay in GS for a long period. MFers start to kite thinking I'm some dumb player. NOPE, Pocket Gunflame just for them. 

29 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Can someone explain how they get 20k gunflames? Every time I run that build, I’m capping at 12k or there abouts

Something like this

I forgot to load to utility bar, but load up on signets, pop them all, go berserk, F1, BR, F1.

Discipline can be swapped in place of strength or arms if you need it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Something like this

I forgot to load to utility bar, but load up on signets, pop them all, go berserk, F1, BR, F1.

Discipline can be swapped in place of strength or arms if you need it.

Since I mostly run meme builds half assed, looking at it on editor I’m seeing all the little places I’m losing out on damage; scholar runes (poor wvwlife), zerk trinkets, etc. The damage gap (mostly) makes sense. I have only run it for maybe an hour total, so I probably also didn’t ever hit a real glass target. 
Everything else is exactly what I ran when I tried to meme and failed. I’m bad at meme builds ☹️

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Since I mostly run meme builds half assed, looking at it on editor I’m seeing all the little places I’m losing out on damage; scholar runes (poor wvwlife), zerk trinkets, etc. The damage gap (mostly) makes sense. I have only run it for maybe an hour total, so I probably also didn’t ever hit a real glass target. 
Everything else is exactly what I ran when I tried to meme and failed. I’m bad at meme builds ☹️

Yeah, it takes tweaking to optimize. A minstrel target won't take +7k gunflames though.

21 hours ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

Remember that he talked about Ranger against Warrior, if you wanna change the topic, create another topic. And I never said about Ranger been meta. But you can do this put word on my mounth.

It's pretty clear from the context of how the rest of the thread has gone, including some of your posts in response to other posts, that the broader topic is the performance of warrior in competitive modes in general, not against rangers specifically - ranger was just a comparative example.

I never said you said ranger was meta, I was just observing that beating soulbeasts wasn't exactly a demonstration that warrior was doing well, since soulbeasts aren't among the top builds either. 

My main point, though, was that if you're not playing at the top level, doing well within your MMR doesn't necessarily mean a lot, particularly if you only play that profession - since your MMR, will reflect any handicap from the build you're playing. In my experience, the difference between playing a good build and an old build that I'm comfortable with but which has fallen behind a bit is usually around 100 rank points. So once your MMR has settled, you generally won't feel like you're being punished for an underperforming build, you'll just settle at a lower MMR than you might if you played a better build with the same skill.

(The complication being that switching to a build you're not experienced with might create a short-term dip due to inexperience.)

Leeching sigil on GS for extra hardcore gameplay and I prefer the cheap +200 power on kill food sometimes.

No need for cleanse, no need for extra dodges. Just kill them b4 they kill you. Nasty but it's out nasty. BsW will never compare to Gunflame. 

Also what's up with anet not allowing you to stack Doom and leeching sigil on top of losing them with weaponswap and mounting now. Was that too op balance team? Like wtf. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

Leeching sigil on GS for extra hardcore gameplay and I prefer the cheap +200 power on kill food sometimes.

No need for cleanse, no need for extra dodges. Just kill them b4 they kill you. Nasty but it's out nasty. BsW will never compare to Gunflame. 

Also what's up with anet not allowing you to stack Doom and leeching sigil on top of losing them with weaponswap and mounting now. Was that too op balance team? Like wtf. 

Did they change how on swap sigils work?

Honestly though either every effect needs to be cleared when you mount, or none of them. Out Signet of Ferocity stacks get cleared, but a Soulbeast's Attack of Opportunity doesn't, nor does Sic'em I believe but it's been a while since I checked.

23 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Did they change how on swap sigils work?

Honestly though either every effect needs to be cleared when you mount, or none of them. Out Signet of Ferocity stacks get cleared, but a Soulbeast's Attack of Opportunity doesn't, nor does Sic'em I believe but it's been a while since I checked.

Sometimes I lose leech sigil without attacking or weaponswap ping by exiting combat. Doom and Leech override one another and cannot happen in the same attack anymore either. Big sad. 

11 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Sometimes I lose leech sigil without attacking or weaponswap ping by exiting combat. Doom and Leech override one another and cannot happen in the same attack anymore either. Big sad. 

I think they changed weapon swap sigils then to not stack on the same weapon. People were using doom hydro and doom geo together to get poison out easily. Of course it could be a bug. Why not go put it in the bug section?

"Masters of weapons" when GS and axe/offhand axe, daggers are the only viable weapon for the most part

Just revert these stupid nerfs kitten. Specifically the nerfs on long bow F1, Skull crack F1 [specifically the casting time, make it instant cast again], and Hammer CC skills damage nerfs and CC damage nerfs alike.

How hard is it to dodge telegraphed hammer attacks in 2021 that HAS IT'S ORIGINAL MULTIPLIERS, when there are A LOT of evade spam blind spam and aegis spam going on.

Bad balance devs gonna stay bad sigh.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think they changed weapon swap sigils then to not stack on the same weapon. People were using doom hydro and doom geo together to get poison out easily. Of course it could be a bug. Why not go put it in the bug section?

Because that's the sad part. I think it's intended.. Next attack sigils no longer remaining in your buff bar endlessly once triggered and losing the effect on swap etc for the reason you mentioned. Say, AoE bleed inflicting AoE poison, or fire sigil trigerring AoE leech. 

I haven't tested those tho tbh, but that's probably it. The reason why they changed them. If not, then bruh, another unnecessary change no surprise. 

36 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

"Masters of weapons" when GS and axe/offhand axe, daggers are the only viable weapon for the most part

Just revert these stupid nerfs kitten. Specifically the nerfs on long bow F1, Skull crack F1 [specifically the casting time, make it instant cast again], and Hammer CC skills damage nerfs and CC damage nerfs alike.

How hard is it to dodge telegraphed hammer attacks in 2021 that HAS IT'S ORIGINAL MULTIPLIERS, when there are A LOT of evade spam blind spam and aegis spam going on.

Bad balance devs gonna stay bad sigh.

People will ry that monkey tank unkillable stance spellbreakers in WvW perma stun them with hammer. Imagine if it had dmg as well lol. 

Tank SpB a monkey playstyle. 

People will ry that monkey tank unkillable stance spellbreakers in WvW perma stun them with hammer. Imagine if it had dmg as well lol. 

Tank SpB a monkey playstyle. 

I mean if its too strong in WvW then at this point separate WvW and sPvP harder. Nobody will have a problem with hammer skills doing damage in sPvP at least. I just miss playing hammer but I know even a damage nerf revert won't be enough at least in sPvP.

18 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

I mean if its too strong in WvW then at this point separate WvW and sPvP harder. Nobody will have a problem with hammer skills doing damage in sPvP at least. I just miss playing hammer but I know even a damage nerf revert won't be enough at least in sPvP.

No body should have a problem with hammer doing damage again unless they main Necro.

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No body should have a problem with hammer doing damage again unless they main Necro.

Even necro should be able to fear chain you first before you chain them tbh.  Also flesh wurm says hi, really isn't hard for Necro to fight Hammer Warrior unless the Hammer warrior has mesmer/thief back up.

Hammer should have its old ratios back at least

10 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Even necro should be able to fear chain you first before you chain them tbh.  Also flesh wurm says hi, really isn't hard for Necro to fight Hammer Warrior unless the Hammer warrior has mesmer/thief back up.

Can only fear chain me if I give them the stab to do so with 😉
That and not many Necros run Wurm in WvW, at least not the ones I come across, and even if they did they'd have to get it out first. Much more likely that they have spectral walk though.

10 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Hammer should have its old ratios back at least

At least the Hard CC;s to do damage. That and for Fierce Blow to get the bonus damage increase that it got in PvE.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can only fear chain me if I give them the stab to do so with 😉
That and not many Necros run Wurm in WvW, at least not the ones I come across, and even if they did they'd have to get it out first. Much more likely that they have spectral walk though.

At least the Hard CC;s to do damage. That and for Fierce Blow to get the bonus damage increase that it got in PvE.

Yeah I meant sPvP wise where there are ledges, in WvW you have food buffs that lower condi duration as well + you could stack with dogged march + runes and troll most condi specs so w/e cleanse sigil you have will almost always cleanse the bleeds/burns/poison. Not having stab hurts vs a good Necro + his comp (ones that have guardian unblockables or other BS) in sPvP.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

@BlackTruth.6813 don't get me wrong btw, I want hammer dmg back. It's just that it's current use as a boonstrip in wvw by tank SpBs has made the weapon pretty much useless in other areas cause of what I addressed. Tanks boonstripping with hard CC. Ofc a tank isn't much of a tank if it wants to deal dmg too.

Tldr, SpB needs some changes and so do stances, before we rly have some big talk on CC dmg, which this sub (gg bros) has perfectly addressed already, byt implementing it as a trait from a DPS line. 

2 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Yeah I meant sPvP wise where there are ledges, in WvW you have food buffs that lower condi duration as well + you could stack with dogged march + runes and troll most condi specs so w/e cleanse sigil you have will almost always cleanse the bleeds/burns/poison. Not having stab hurts vs a good Necro + his comp (ones that have guardian unblockables or other BS) in sPvP.

But the stab also feeds the fear chain against a good necro. I abuse other warrior's stability when I play my reaper to fear chain them. Balanced Stance wins the fight for the necro.