"Masters of weapons and physical combat"

Zekent.3652

22 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

But the stab also feeds the fear chain against a good necro. I abuse other warrior's stability when I play my reaper to fear chain them. Balanced Stance wins the fight for the necro.

Yeah obvs. sPvP-wise I'd wish to have set up (such as with a good Thief/DH unblockables or something similar) before I go into a fight with a Necro with a bunch of guards/dh or whatever c4ncer backing it up.

It's like no balanced stance? Dragon hunters/thieves/instant cast CC in sPvP eats you. You have balanced stance? Necro can punish you. So like damned if you do but damned if you don't. At least as DPS Warrior I feel like I have to have balanced stance berserker stance baseline.

Or I could just go healbreaker/shoutbreaker with defiant stance and just banner snowball (like yeah shoutsbreaker in sPVP is nerfed but I think it's still playable) a fight, but yeah it goes back to pidgeonholing and my frustrations 😞

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

8 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Yeah obvs. sPvP-wise I'd wish to have set up (such as with a good Thief/DH unblockables or something similar) before I go into a fight with a Necro with a bunch of guards/dh or whatever c4ncer backing it up.

It's like no balanced stance? Dragon hunters/thieves/instant cast CC in sPvP eats you. You have balanced stance? Necro can punish you. So like damned if you do but damned if you don't. At least as DPS Warrior I feel like I have to have balanced stance berserker stance baseline.

Yeah, and while roaming in WvW you have to be utilitarian with your bar, so for me it is usually BC, SiO, and then either Frenzy or FGJ. Thieves don't care if you have stab, they'll steal it and CC you anyway. Necros will use it to fear chain you. So you're better off not having it in the end unless you are diving into a zerg.

8 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Or I could just go healbreaker/shoutbreaker with defiant stance and just banner snowball (like yeah shoutsbreaker in sPVP is nerfed but I think it's still playable) a fight, but yeah it goes back to pidgeonholing and my frustrations 😞

It's sad. Warrior has the most weapons but the least versatility.

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, and while roaming in WvW you have to be utilitarian with your bar, so for me it is usually BC, SiO, and then either Frenzy or FGJ. Thieves don't care if you have stab, they'll steal it and CC you anyway. Necros will use it to fear chain you. So you're better off not having it in the end unless you are diving into a zerg.

It's sad. Warrior has the most weapons but the least versatility.

What if balanced stance did what rampage does and just reduces cc durations, you get cced but not for long. 

12 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

What if balanced stance did what rampage does and just reduces cc durations, you get cced but not for long. 

Just roll that in Frenzy's effect. Immune to soft CC and some condi dmg reduction. 

Then you can roll Condi dmg immunity to Zerker Stance's effect with the pulsing adremaline and you basically get the equals to Balnced Stance and Endure Pain but for condi dmg. 

Ideally, you'd want simply pulsing resolution wuth Zerker stance, but we don't have that and I'd kinda suggest for endure pain to stay as is (I said something the other day about it being kinda stupid) but frankly, just the fact that condi and CC still have effect on you makes it the ideal skill after which things like Elixir S, Renewed Focus etc should function, if not more like Defiant Stance.

As for Defiant Stance, I'd propose for increased based heal and reduction of defiant state. More fun to play against, a bit less of a double edged sword for the warrior vs enemies that don't drop dmg on you.

• Like 1