Hi;

According to the wiki, a level 80 character should have a total 898 pts spent to max all the core skills, specializations, and elite specialization, leaving 404 left from the 1302 possible to earn (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_point).  My most complete character shows 403 total. 

I have map completed Central Tyria, and each of the other maps on the wiki site (Maguuma Wastes, Heart of Thorns, Path of Fire) - I have moused over each individual map and all show x/x complete.  The Krait Shard might be an issue - it is 1 point - I purchased it via Laurels and the wiki says it used to be a reward for a discontinued Meta (but it does say Hero Point Earned on a home Instance map, when I looked). In WvW when I buy the 3 regional scrolls, the currency is refunded to me on use, indicating that I have gotten everything available to WvW. 

I have been over this several times, so something that I've tallied incorrectly may have embedded itself in my brain and I can't see the mistake now, but I can't 'find' that one point.

Any ideas/knowledge/where to looks appreciated!

Thank you.

If you count only one HP missing from your total, it must be a Central Tyrian Hero Point, which grouping includes WvW HPs and the Krait Obelisk Shard, too.

It costs one Notarized Scroll of Heroics to unlock it, so if using one returns only the currency, I'm going to guess that it is a bug and probably with the Krait Shard, as something similar is noted in the bug section on its wiki page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

misread main post, my bad. my mesmer has 404 points so you've tallied the number of leftover points correctly, i can't possibly fathom what you might have missed especially if the heroic notary scrolls don't work.

Edited by castlemanic.3198
misread main post

If you use the heropoint stuff from wvw/pvp and buff all hps with them, it will be that 1 hp is still left on any central tyria map, which hp it is, is random. Its somewhat like a bug. I had it on all my chars that i had only 403 at the end and on one map 1 hp was still left.

SeTect, Thanks for your message, it gave me direction to look - I had done all the maps physically, but bought from WvW vendor.  I went and looked at the WvW maps physically, and there was a point on Eternal Battlegrounds that hadn't come to me.  So I have the 404 now (and a lot shorter looking process, lol).

Incidentially this was your 403 post, I found it funny you were talking about only having 403 points 🙂

Thank you all for your suggestions!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Lectryk.2964 said:

SeTect, Thanks for your message, it gave me direction to look - I had done all the maps physically, but bought from WvW vendor.  I went and looked at the WvW maps physically, and there was a point on Eternal Battlegrounds that hadn't come to me.  So I have the 404 now (and a lot shorter looking process, lol).

Incidentially this was your 403 post, I found it funny you were talking about only having 403 points 🙂

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Alright so i was basically right with my thing, just that i didnt know that wvw maps r also affected.

So every time you get hps on ur Chars by wvw/pvp by buying them, u now know that you can only get 403 of 404 by buying. So 1 hp will be left in either central tyria (silverwastes/dry top included) or on any wvw map. 

However glad u got ur 1 hp now. xD