Can we just go ahead an add a dislike option to posts?

2 hours ago, deatine.2498 said:

And what would this achieve? Is it relevant to your opinion of the topic to see how many others already liked or disliked?

I'll just keep using the confused emote as my dislike, it works well enough to irk those who spend lots of time building a non-nonsensical word wall.

Confuse me harder forums....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Confused is dislike. No-one has to explain why they are confused to you because it is a dislike. No one explains why they click like either. Now if our names were listed like a public poll then yes a lot less would like/confuse us and also not log into alts to like their own comments or click confuse on every one of someone's post to troll them.

If you give merit or get upset or need validation for your posts that is your issue. Just ignore them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Or just stop worrying about what silly emoji shows up on your posts.   It's really is nothing to even spend time getting bent out of shape over.  Give me 1,000 confused emojis or whatever in a post I make and I could not care less.   Say what you want to say in a post and if a small image shows up by it so what?

Also it seems like they are here to stay according to this post.  So maybe time to get used it it.  🙂

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Gegege.9056 said:

If you don't like something, just say in it the comments and then discuss it. This is a place for constructive discussion, so this way everyone will have to demonstrate what they disagree with. Instead of just reading the post, throw a dislike, then leave. Usually, happen in the case OP said something that itches them.

Moreover, I'm not sure if this is a sh*t post that asking for downvote/confused emotes or not...

Adding an actual dislike emotes may create many troll degens that constantly post no context posts on the forum just to farm the dislike, despite how wholesome this community is. I saw people say BS in the chat all the time. It's fine and funny in the game. However, I'm not expecting to see similar- ascended levels of no context and BS while browsing the forum.

its not really a place to discuss things since the majority of forum members just waiting for being negative to any new idea

• Haha 3
  • Confused 8

Why so many of you think that if someone puts a confused emote he got something to hide? I put one if the stuff that i would say already Was said by someone else so i neednt say it again or when i simply have not the time to discuss around, so i simply put confused to say that i also disagree. In fact i use it as a dislike Button. 

If we remove the confused emote and keep "thanks" and "like" we get no option to disagree while having not the time to write a wall Text. (Without 100 people spamming "No" in the comments)

not everyone wants to write a wall Text under every Post he does not agree with. It costs a lot time to give some Feedback. Like this here already takes me some good time. And if people like what i say here can simply put a like and if they dont they can put confused. Whats wrong with people showing their (negative) opinion to something without a lot of words?

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

There needs to be a dislike option or all options need to be taken out. People might dismiss it jokingly but there's a lot of feedback on these forums and perception is skewed on posts that might be a horrible take, but will look supported. Even those who disagree will use Confused face and so any criticism will go unnoticed. Not everyone has time to write out something but they're dislike should count against any Like, Thanks, or HaHa. 

I'd like to think an emoji hasn't lead to my class getting nerfed though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Before the thread gets locked, here is a small sample of the reactions that, if available, would make the threads short and tidy. Of course, we also need the ability to react to reactions for the system to reach its full potential.

Dislike
Awesome
Terrible
Happy
Sad
Thank you
Thank you very much
Thank you but no
Thank you for the laugh
Thank you for breaking my dreams
Unclear, can you please elaborate, especially that part there with the missing words
Read my post again
That's kind of interesting but I don't think we will ever have that
Check out the post just before yours in the thread, someone replied to your question
Nice to meet you
Can I haz your stuff?
I don't have this problem, sorry I can't help
I don't have this problem, why are you complaining?
I don't care
I'd rather see the resources spent on something else

Edited by Leo.3428
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Ya remember the crappy Mount idea? 

I agree they were crap as the posters envisioned them, do just like wow please.

If Anet had continued with they waypoint saturation in pof, we could have had events like in dragonfall to install more waypoints on the map for example.

Mounts would not have been needed and most likely the extended aggro range of mobs that alot of people complain about would not have had to be implemented either.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I've seen a "respectfully disagree" button on some forums, and it seemed to work reasonably well. The "confused" icon does have the issue that it's hard to tell whether it's a case of "maybe I should have explained that better", or whether it's simply a disagree. I'll admit I've used it before, but in a form of "your argument is so incoherent that I don't even know where to start".

Mind you, I've also used the laugh emote as a "your argument is laughable", so... yeah.

13 hours ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

I like the confused emojis. When I see them on my posts, it makes me feel like I'm a big-eared asura expounding upon the wonders of cephalolithopathy to an audience of skritt. And then I get all magnanimous and think, ah! So sad that they cannot perceive the shiny of shinies that is my intellect. Alas!

Not sure what's so wondrous about stoneheadedness - seems to be all too common nowadays.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

I like the confused emojis. When I see them on my posts, it makes me feel like I'm a big-eared asura expounding upon the wonders of cephalolithopathy to an audience of skritt. And then I get all magnanimous and think, ah! So sad that they cannot perceive the shiny of shinies that is my intellect. Alas!

The right way to go about it.  You're so extravagantly elegant and intelligent  that the common forum user can't comprehend what you're saying without blowing a gasket.😂

13 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Wasn't there a Dislike version at the very beginning of the new forum here? At the beginning even with naming where everyone went at each other and then anonymously where it was exploited even worse?

I do not understand why the forum has these strange emotes anyway.

The only funny thing about the emotes for me is to see that some people now have a hobby. Good for them.

There was, then one of the ANet rep's posts got a ton of dislikes and they removed it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The only time I think that the Confused emote actually means the person reacting is confused is when I conclude by reading the post that a reasonable person would be confused.  Since this almost never happens, I am of the firm belief that the Confused reaction is in the vast majority of cases being used as "Dislike."

Does this mean that an actual "Dislike" reaction would be a bad idea?  No.  However, I don't see it as necessary.

There was a dislike option when this "new" board launched.  I recall there being a (lengthy) thread in which a lot of people objected to the dislike option.  Shortly after, the Dislike reaction was gone.  So, I suspect that the idea is a ship that has sailed.

• Confused 2

On 11/22/2021 at 5:56 AM, Dravvi.3146 said:

Nope don't need it, in fact take away the confused emote and haha emote, just leave the heart and thanks emotes cause that'll take away the "anonymous condescending" emojis on the forums.

If you don't like a post or don't agree with it, you don't gotta hide. Just say it, for example. I think this post is not well thought out and just reaching for straws.

I think you are wrong. And now I repeat some arguments (again and again):

I'm using the confused emote personally, and I have talked with a few others who also do the same.

A disagree button doesn't have to mean down voting. We briefly had one on the old forum and all it did was put a little 'thumb down' symbol below the post, like the current reactions. It didn't move it or hide it, just showed that at some point in time some anonymous person hadn't liked it.

Edited by Aleksander Suburb.4287
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Why so many of you think that if someone puts a confused emote he got something to hide? I put one if the stuff that i would say already Was said by someone else so i neednt say it again or when i simply have not the time to discuss around, so i simply put confused to say that i also disagree. In fact i use it as a dislike Button. 

If we remove the confused emote and keep "thanks" and "like" we get no option to disagree while having not the time to write a wall Text. (Without 100 people spamming "No" in the comments)

not everyone wants to write a wall Text under every Post he does not agree with. It costs a lot time to give some Feedback. Like this here already takes me some good time. And if people like what i say here can simply put a like and if they dont they can put confused. Whats wrong with people showing their (negative) opinion to something without a lot of words?

Then maybe you need reddit thread and not forum. Forums whole idea is to discuss with walls of text, like... you know... forums... After which it was named... If all you can do is click icon, find time after you done with your kitten and put your ideas out for everyone to see and criticise

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

There should just be a +1 and that is it.

8 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

You can't like the first dissenting post that matches your thoughts?

Edited by PseudoNewb.5468
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, PseudoNewb.5468 said:

You can't like the first dissenting post that matches your thoughts?

The first post/s in a thread normally always get the most reactions.

For example the first post that matches my thoughts would maybe be:

On 11/22/2021 at 6:30 AM, Vidit.7108 said:

I think a dislike button would be better than what people seem to be doing instead which is using the confused reaction. It would have been better to just not have the reaction system at all.

That said I think the anonymity of the the reaction system is the most polite way to tell someone you dislike/disagree with what they said without turning the topic into a discussion about one particular post within. If everyone stops to say you're wrong that's actually kinda disruptive to the broader conversation.

There are also some posters here that won't just agree to disagree and get kinda of combative over something that doesn't really matter that much. So I think 10 confused emojis is better than 10 posts saying the same thing.

You see the OP has around 14 likes and 24 dislikes if i count the confused as dislikes.

The post that matches my thoughts has 13 likes and 3 dislikes.

Now if we remove all dislikes it would seem like most would agree with OP and not with the other one, which is imo not the case.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

The only time I think that the Confused emote actually means the person reacting is confused is when I conclude by reading the post that a reasonable person would be confused.  Since this almost never happens, I am of the firm belief that the Confused reaction is in the vast majority of cases being used as "Dislike."

Does this mean that an actual "Dislike" reaction would be a bad idea?  No.  However, I don't see it as necessary.

There was a dislike option when this "new" board launched.  I recall there being a (lengthy) thread in which a lot of people objected to the dislike option.  Shortly after, the Dislike reaction was gone.  So, I suspect that the idea is a ship that has sailed.

I don't recall any 'Dislike' option in this 'new' forum.  Did you mean the old 'Vanilla' Thumbs Down option, back in 2017? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2