GW2 Fishing!!! Yay!

Just now, Ultramex.1506 said:

Yah, and when you mention mount, I said it make WvW unhealthy until they fixed it but you are forgetting Anet is working on alliance, something that you dont need expansion to use.

What you said is massive backlash (thats double BIG) it means not only WvW but whole GW2.
And WvW mount made the game unhealthy?
Or people at the forums doesn't have freaking head how to counter it on day 1?
Once a system is added to that mode it changes the playstyle completely, WvW is ever evolving yet stale at updates.

I will tell you once again that there were ingame surveys before.
Do not base you assumptions on forum posts. Not all WvW players visit here, most of all WvW players don't go here.

And Alliance? Do you have a slight idea on what will it do to WvW? We already know what will happen. We are bracing ourselves for impact.

• Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

What you said is massive backlash (thats double BIG) it means not only WvW but whole GW2.
And WvW mount made the game unhealthy?
Or people at the forums doesn't have freaking head how to counter it on day 1?
Once a system is added to that mode it changes the playstyle completely, WvW is ever evolving yet stale at updates.

I will tell you once again that there were ingame surveys before.
Do not base you assumptions on forum posts. Not all WvW players visit here, most of all WvW players don't go here.

And Alliance? Do you have a slight idea on what will it do to WvW? We already know what will happen. We are bracing ourselves for impact.

Gotta wonder why they removed instant kill downed from Battle Maul and get rid of bleeding, movement speed, give people the long waited skill to dismount other, reduce its overall health/endurance if people knew to how counter. And like you said "We are bracing ourselves for impact" can be applied to whatever new "system" for WvW, warclaw proved that

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Gotta wonder why they removed instant kill downed from Battle Maul and get rid of bleeding, movement speed, give people the long waited skill to dismount other, reduce its overall health/endurance if people know to how counter. And like you said "We are bracing ourselves for impact" can be applied to whatever new "system" for WvW

Yeah, "fishing system in WvW".
Wait, lets not talk WvW now ok. Lets talk about your favorite mode, PvE.
Fishing in PvE.
Day 1: Oh so this is how it works.
Day 2-7: Oh freaking god its boring.
Day 8: Goes to forums, Anet please make ability to catch fish by diving underwater instead. I have no patience in this staring at my screen waiting for something not exiting to happen.
Months later: Nobody cared.

Wasted time.

• Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

Yeah, "fishing system in WvW".
Wait, lets not talk WvW now ok. Lets talk about your favorite mode, PvE.
Fishing in PvE.
Day 1: Oh so this is how it works.
Day 2-7: Oh freaking god its boring.
Day 8: Goes to forums, Anet please make ability to catch fish by diving underwater instead. I have no patience in this staring at my screen waiting for something not exiting to happen.
Months later: Nobody cared.

Wasted time.

Ehh if thats how you feel

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Where are these in-game surveys?  The only time I remember one was during the original betas before launch.  (I'd love to see the link on the Wiki, if you'd be so kind.)

https://feedback.guildwars2.com/en

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Let-s-Talk-Scoring/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Bring-Back-The-Poll

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-31-May-Mixed-Borderlands/page/5#post6185533

We chose to target active players for polls, because they are actually playing WvW and thus have the largest stake in the result. Many inactive players may never come back, or come back only briefly. We don’t think it would be fair to let the votes of those who have quit playing shape the result for those that are still playing.  - Tyler Bearce (Game Designer)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/A-net-about-the-polls-themselves/page/1#post6187383
Maybe you were inactive that time.

There were polls ingame that takes you to the polls/survey website.
Those were the few i remember/find/engaged.

Edited by Norbe.7630
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Norbe.7630 said:

WvW is ever evolving yet stale at updates.

How is it "ever evolving" when it gets zero updates? :classic_huh: WvW is plain boring, I only play that game mode for rewards (less from now on since I just got the last item I was after) and when I don't have better to do in the game. It's the same old, same old day in and day out - no new maps, no new mechanics. Sometimes zerg fights when defending an object turn out to be fun, but even those get boring quickly when you clash with the same zerg on the same map at the same objects over and over again - doesn't make for a very entertaining evening.

Anyway, back on topic: I held my hopes up for some super secret major reveal yet to come, but now it seems what we have seen is what we are going to get. No new race, no new profession, no classic Cantha - instead more high-tech in ugly toxic neon green, underwhelming masteries and the most underwhelming elite specs (at least in my opinion). For me, the light at the end of the tunnel is now defined by hopes of adventurous opportunities in map exploration, a good story (with more interesting adversaries than two rivaling groups of scoundrels), and engaging meta events and new strikes. Fishing and skiffs and siege turtles definitely don't pique my interest.

• Confused 2

Fishing may be boring feature to you but people have different tastes. No one is forcing you to do it. I for one enjoyed fishing in WoW and will most likely enjoy it in GW2 too. Do whatever floats your boat.. err, I mean skiff. :classic_wink:

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Norbe.7630 said:

https://feedback.guildwars2.com/en

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Let-s-Talk-Scoring/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Bring-Back-The-Poll

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-31-May-Mixed-Borderlands/page/5#post6185533

We chose to target active players for polls, because they are actually playing WvW and thus have the largest stake in the result. Many inactive players may never come back, or come back only briefly. We don’t think it would be fair to let the votes of those who have quit playing shape the result for those that are still playing.  - Tyler Bearce (Game Designer)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/A-net-about-the-polls-themselves/page/1#post6187383
Maybe you were inactive that time.

There were polls ingame that takes you to the polls/survey website.
Those were the few i remember/find/engaged.

Those were on the forums/through surveys, not in-game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Those were on the forums/through surveys, not in-game.

There was a function in-game where you click it to take you to this site https://feedback.guildwars2.com/en
The poll website.
What do i mean in game, you are in Lion's Arch or Eternal Battleground you receive that notice.
I think it was the time when the server linking is about to be implemented or just implemented.
If you are an active WvW player that time, you may have received that notice, if not your a PvEr or not playing GW2 that time yet.

They made sure every WvW players can vote on what would WE want our mode to be like.
So they made announcement on official website, forums and ingame
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/polling-all-world-vs-world-players/

PS: the guy earlier who told the massive backlash THAT is based on the forums and minority who doesn't know how WvW works, thats why i asked for data and polls.
And the changes made are from the decision of active WvW players.... at one point... until it became silent....

Edited by Norbe.7630
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Norbe.7630 said:

WvW already had Call of Duty airstrike, where you pull some lever then it sends bombardments.
They didn't give the Battlefield airstrike where you are the airstrike.

You put fishing mode on games that have zero underwater content or 2D games like 200 years ago side scrolling thing.
It makes no sense to add fishing mode to a game where you could swim and fight underwater or collect things. Its much more fun to chase fishes on this game that to sit around a freaking boat and wait for something to come to you.
Newton's apple?

I didn't know that about WvW so cool, but my point still stands on it is ok to have different things in different modes. I was more making an example on something instead of saying add it.

As for the meat of the matter, I am going to be blunt here. Most people would not find that fun at all. Underwater combat in most MMOs people hate. Case in point when it was added in WoW it was hated. When it was added in other games it was hated. Fighting in 3 axis combat is annoying for a  lot of people which is why games tend to avoid it now. And yes, I am also talking about GW2 as well and why ANET has not focused most content there. A lot of people in GW2 hate underwater combat in general, and no, no rework will ever make it better because 2 axis is a lot easier for people to control over water 3 axis. So making that fishing would not work at all.

Back to it not making sense is more false than anything since adding fishing like other MMOs where sit in a spot and cast a line makes more sense because people actually like doing that compared to underwater combat. It may be boring to you, but a lot of us actually enjoy normal fishing over spear fishing and such compared to hunting it down with horrible 3 axis movement.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

I didn't know that about WvW so cool, but my point still stands on it is ok to have different things in different modes. I was more making an example on something instead of saying add it.

As for the meat of the matter, I am going to be blunt here. Most people would not find that fun at all. Underwater combat in most MMOs people hate. Case in point when it was added in WoW it was hated. When it was added in other games it was hated. Fighting in 3 axis combat is annoying for a  lot of people which is why games tend to avoid it now. And yes, I am also talking about GW2 as well and why ANET has not focused most content there. A lot of people in GW2 hate underwater combat in general, and no, no rework will ever make it better because 2 axis is a lot easier for people to control over water 3 axis. So making that fishing would not work at all.

Back to it not making sense is more false than anything since adding fishing like other MMOs where sit in a spot and cast a line makes more sense because people actually like doing that compared to underwater combat. It may be boring to you, but a lot of us actually enjoy normal fishing over spear fishing and such compared to hunting it down with horrible 3 axis movement.

That my friend is bold statements, this is GW2 underwater combat not just "insert game name" underwater combat.
When you use the word "most" be sure to back it up with facts.
I could however accept if its you opinion and yours alone.

To the not making sense part, its different on how you delivered the argument, you just said, i like to dive in the water and you like sitting on a boat in fish... BUT people are curious beings... they want to explore, they want to see things close up, they want to experience it first hand. Thats how humans evolve, thats how maps were created, by exploration and experience.

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

That my friend is bold statements, this is GW2 underwater combat not just "insert game name" underwater combat.

To the not making sense part, its different on how you delivered the argument, you just said, i like to dive in the water and you like sitting on a boat in fish... BUT people are curious beings... they want to explore, they want to see things close up, they want to experience it first hand. Thats how humans evolve, thats how maps were created, by exploration and experience.

It is more from observation and people I talked to in game where I get my boldness from with that statement. I have played a lot of MMOs, and basically everyone I have talked too hates underwater combat. And yes, like I said GW2 underwater is just as bad. There is a reason they don't touch it much anymore. This is not just a "me" opinion. Take that as you will.

As for the second part, people being curious has nothing to do with fishing. I take it you don't like the boat method, but that is a STAPLE which has been missing for years now from now game. And no, sometimes simple is best for a lot. Just like real life there will always be those crazy people who spear fish and go with sharks etc while there are a bunch more who are just as happy sitting on a boat or shore fishing. Curiosity is not always a driving force for people.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

I have played a lot of MMOs, and basically everyone I have talked too hates underwater combat.

Tell them to play GW2 and try the UW.

28 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Just like real life there will always be those crazy people who spear fish and go with sharks etc while there are a bunch more who are just as happy sitting on a boat or shore fishing. Curiosity is not always a driving force for people.

As i said in the past i came from a country with the most beautiful bodies of water surrounding it. I would rather dive on the water and catch the fish that to wait sitting and wasting hours not to catch one. Speaking of real life, if we don't want to get wet, we use air powered guns converted to fire miniature harpoons with fishing line and shoot the kitten fish, its faster and more entertaining to catch one or more.

Edited by Norbe.7630
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

Tell them to play GW2 and try the UW.

As i said in the past i came from a country with the most beautiful bodies of water surrounding it. I would rather dive on the water and catch the fish that to wait sitting and wasting hours not to catch one. Speaking of real life, if we don't want to get wet, we use air powered guns converted to fire miniature harpoons with fishing line and shoot the kitten fish, its faster and more entertaining to catch one or more.

I don't bother telling them because the UW here is just as bad.

As for that, I come from the mountains in the USA where everyone basically fishes or does some mountain activity.  I also know some people who fish illegal and just .357 the water or use a m80 or explosion of some kind since it is a lot easier that way. I don't approve of it, but it is what it is. What I am saying is your standards of fishing are not standards where I live. I think most of the USA uses fishing lines as well with actual rods. There are people who bow fish and use the air powered rifle, but most people I know who fish use the traditional rods. Hell, there is fishing competitions on just the traditional rods, so I am basing my knowledge on that on why that is more fun and popular for people. Let's be real here, you may dislike traditional rod fishing as much as you want, but the fact of the matter is that it is coming to GW2. It's not changing at this point.

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

What I am saying is your standards of fishing are not standards. I think most of the USA uses fishing lines as well with actual rods.

Lemme tell you a secret on how to make fish taste at its best as freshest form, kill it quick.
Do not stress the fish, by putting metal hooks in its mouth and ripping apart its mouth on the tug of war minigame of man vs fish.
Stressing the fish releases chemicals to its body.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Let's be real here, you may dislike traditional rod fishing as much as you want, but the fact of the matter is that it is coming to GW2. It's not changing at this point.

As for that, enjoy the fishing that was blessed upon you by the almighty Anet Intelligent Devs

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

Lemme tell you a secret on how to make fish taste at its best as freshest form, kill it quick.
Do not stress the fish, by putting metal hooks in its mouth and ripping apart its mouth on the tug of war minigame of man vs fish.
Stressing the fish releases chemicals to its body.

As for that, enjoy the fishing that was blessed upon you by the almighty Anet Intelligent Devs

I actually don't like the taste of fish most days TBH. I only like it in Fish&Chips fried. I don't actually fish myself. I just know a lot of them and what they tell me and what I see.

I find fishing in games to be a lot more enjoyable since well I am not outside and dealing with the bugs.

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345

11 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

I actually don't like the taste of fish most days TBH. I only like it in Fish&Chips fried. I don't actually fish myself. I just know a lot of them and what they tell me and what I see.

I find fishing in games to be a lot more enjoyable since well I am not outside and dealing with the bugs.

Have you tried a grilled fresh whole baby yellow fin tuna with the condiment made of soy sauce + calamansi + chopped onions +bird's eye chilli.
The ratio of soy sauce and calamansi juice is 1 to 1 and chili strength on own personal tolerance.
Frying seafood taste different than grilling.
I prefer grilled half cooked seafood, while on meat is fully cooked.

Anyway, nice chatting with you with some random topic.

Just enjoy what Anet offered to you guys.

• Confused 2

On 11/24/2021 at 5:08 PM, Norbe.7630 said:

uw combat is bad and at this point it should remain forgotten.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

Fishing is better then? 😂

Nice whataboutism, as if it changes/addresses anything in my post 😂

But yes, at least it IS something new. Meanwhile uw combat is bad and at this point it should remain forgotten.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nice whataboutism, as if it changes/addresses anything in my post 😂

But yes, at least it IS something new. Meanwhile uw combat is bad and at this point it should remain forgotten.

MY post is about fishing. You on the other hand replied to something alternative to fishing as better choice.
So ill repeat the question, Fishing is better then...?
Its simple question, yes or no.

PS: oh i see so your answer is YES because its new

Edited by Norbe.7630
  • Confused 2