Ya know whats kind of funny, and sad as well...?

Joxer.6024

On 11/22/2021 at 6:07 AM, Dawanarth.4601 said:

Are the Bladesworn skills Mantra (Or Mantra like ?) I didn't get to play it in the betas

What if a Espec let you keep adrenaline and the Brust skills but you gain a secondary ability based on the weapon that act as a Supportive Burst ? Maybe the downside from core Warrior would be that the Burst can only go up to level 2, and that the Support Skill would only use 1 adrenaline segment. That way you can still be a good damager but you could also decide to lower your burst damage to heal/support your allies/yourself. If the Bladesworn doesn't have Mantra (Or Mantra like) skill; those would fit nicely with that sort of play, where you need to be reactive to the incoming danger to heal to an optimal point

The suggestion in the warrior forum that seemed most reasonable to me was letting bladesworn save the bullets it charges (since you have to convert flow into bullets before using a Dragon Trigger). 
Blade sworn utils are not like mantras. They are pretty much their own thing, but most akin to gadgets I guess?

I think whoever is satisfied with some of these specs just doesn’t play the competitive or endgame content. It is fine, but it is these communities who should have their advice heard on class  design.

of course casual gameplay on whatever build is doable and 100% fine but that shouldn’t be where the devs take their opinions from.

For the Mesmer spec for instance the devs didn’t listen to any of the suggestions regarding fixing then unplayable shatter design or lack of sustain not rewarded by any bonus to damage bigger than what other core lines can give.

So what should people say? That it is amazing? At the moment core Mesmer is better than virtuoso in competitive - picture that.

I’m not gonna say for other classes as I main Mesmer (I know painful to be a Mesmer main) but hey it seems similar problems applies to eles for instance 

Edited by Mik.3401

In the case of some of the specs, the complaints are heavily warranted, and in others...what the hell are you complaining about?

Example of a good complaint, the changes to Specter's Consume Shadows and Scepter/Pistol 3 are heavy nerfs to its support ability, something the spec is SUPPOSED to be good at, and don't really go over the reason why Consume Shadows was used without hesitation (because Shroud has no good support options) or why Scepter/Pistol 3 was so well liked (it hit 3 allies instead of just 1 and had quickness). But rather than fix the core of these complaints, being Scepter's single target focus (it should at least hit both an enemy AND a single ally) and Shroud's lack of good support, they instead destroyed what little good support the spec had.

Example of a bad complaint, complaining that the specs have X weapon and not Y weapon. Just...questionable complaints instead of complaining about what needs some serious changes for the elite spec to be viable.

• Like 1