Prismatic Champion's Regalia and Future Legendary Acquisition

Mungrul.9358

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Still talking about other games.

This is not another game. If you say "it would make sense to make legendaries..." then it's pretty clear you're talking about legendaries here. You even specifically mention difference between ascended and legendary gear, so no, you're pretty clearly not "stil talking about other games" there.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

This is not another game. If you say "it would make sense to make legendaries..." then it's pretty clear you're talking about legendaries here. You even specifically mention difference between ascended and legendary gear, so no, you're pretty clearly not "stil talking about other games" there.

It’s a comparison, not advocacy for change.

😘

I’ve clarified that I don’t want a treadmill. Probably should stop continuing on about what you think I said?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It’s a comparison, not advocacy for change.

Yes, it's a comparison in which you've clearly tried making an argument that "at this stage of the game, it would make sense for legendaries to...", which is clearly talking about this game. Not sure why you're pretending it was anything other than that now 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I’ve clarified that I don’t want a treadmill.

Yes, it was never about the actual "classic" treadmill anyways, which is why I also wrote about "There's no need to introduce some fake gear treadmill", which is what you were writing about when mentioning ascended/legendary gear in your posts. You're free to backpedal on anything you want, you're free to explain "that's not what you've meant", but pretending you didn't say something you clearly did seems kind of pointless and is just running away from your own points you clearly made. ❤️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, it's a comparison in which you've clearly tried making an argument that "at this stage of the game, it would make sense for legendaries to...", which is clearly talking about this game. Not sure why you're pretending it was anything other than that now 🤷‍♂️

Yes, it was never about the actual "classic" treadmill anyways, which is why I also wrote about "There's no need to introduce some fake gear treadmill", which is what you were writing about when mentioning ascended/legendary gear in your posts. You're free to backpedal on anything you want, you're free to explain "that's not what you've meant", but pretending you didn't say something you clearly did seems kind of pointless and is just running away from your own points you clearly made. ❤️

My post was about the difficult position ArenaNet has found themselves in by doing something different from the usual.

But if it makes you feel better to think you’ve beaten me and I’m running with my tail between my legs, I wish you all the best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

My post was about the difficult position ArenaNet has found themselves in by doing something different from the usual.

Nothing "difficult" about it since everyone has long-term goals available to them according to their preferences -specifically because of the no power creep of legendary gear over the ascended one. Which is exactly what I was pointing out in the initial response in the first place.

But if it makes you feel better to think you’ve beaten me

?

Discussion isn't a battle and you seem to be taking it personally for no reason. It's all k. ❤️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I was just saying that typically the treadmill provides a process by which hardcore players get the new stuff, and the old stuff becomes more reachable by the casuals as time goes by. This means all content created is eventually used by all players.

Without that process, there is stuff that is pretty exclusively for the hardcore to keep them busy, and will never be touched by the casuals, except maybe a thing or two as they accumulate years of casual play.

The game doesn’t have a treadmill. You go from exotic to ascended fairly quickly with the latter having the highest stats in the game. Legendary equipment is for aesthetics and functionality if you intend to use it on enough characters and builds for it to be worth the cost. 

Nothing is really out of the grasp for casual players. If they want full ascended then they can obtain it over time. The game doesn’t need the catch up mechanics used by other MMO as this would just invalidate content for those who do not want to put in the same work and time. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

The game doesn’t have a treadmill. You go from exotic to ascended fairly quickly with the latter having the highest stats in the game. Legendary equipment is for aesthetics and functionality if you intend to use it on enough characters and builds for it to be worth the cost. 

Nothing is really out of the grasp for casual players. If they want full ascended then they can obtain it over time. The game doesn’t need the catch up mechanics used by other MMO as this would just invalidate content for those who do not want to put in the same work and time. 

I was talking about other games that have treadmills. I love that this game doesn’t have one.

Getting multiple sets of ascended armor can be a goal for some casual players. As it is minimally better than exotic, it’s not worth the effort to me personally. For some it might be.

Absolutely, with no treadmill, there’s generally no catchup, that was the point of my original post in this thread. Just a comparison with how the typical MMO does it, and the repercussions of doing it differently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/26/2021 at 5:22 AM, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

Not sure about handout.. This has been my worst and longest experience to achieve legendary. I don't like this style of play at all. I am not story player. You have no idea how many times I fell sleep on chair while they were talking lol.

It's brain dead easy and costs no money.  It's an rgb participation trophy. You literally fell asleep multiple times and still finished it... hand out

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

It's brain dead easy and costs no money.  It's an rgb participation trophy. You literally fell asleep multiple times and still finished it... hand out

I’ve read many say most of the game is brain dead easy, including farming money, so what does that say about the rest of leggies? Mostly they’re an exercise in persistence, right?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Mostly they’re an exercise in persistence, right?

That's pretty accurate.

Where most games would give you something decent every time you complete a raid or dungeon, GW2 is set up so you have to do the same activity over and over until you're bored of if before you get the item you want.

That ANet have managed to convince the community that this is a badge of honour and that rewards should be handed out so stingily never ceases to amaze me.

• Confused 4

47 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

That's pretty accurate.

Where most games would give you something decent every time you complete a raid or dungeon, GW2 is set up so you have to do the same activity over and over until you're bored of if before you get the item you want.

That ANet have managed to convince the community that this is a badge of honour and that rewards should be handed out so stingily never ceases to amaze me.

Though other games often do it with rng, right? Play this dungeon for a .5 chance of what you want, as opposed to ANet saying do it 200 times so you can collect 200 dungeon completion widgets.

Though from what I’ve read, some leggies do have rng components like that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Other games guarantee you to get a specific legendary reward by doing a specific content just once? Wow, where do I have to go for this kind of luxury? :classic_biggrin:

ArenaNet gave us the choice between 3 different game modes: WvW, PvP and PvE. It also didn't make the journey based on RNG; the goals are calculable (including the time frame).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I desperately hope they do another ring like this amulet.  Or another ring outside of raids period.  I actually enjoy the uniqueness and prestige of each item so I don’t want to make Conflux twice.  I also really dread going back into raids and getting the SAME amount of kp and ENTIRE armor set cost, just for one ring.  I would appreciate so deeply if anet added a third ring choice, so I agree with you and hope this trend goes on

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Other games guarantee you to get a specific legendary reward by doing a specific content just once? Wow, where do I have to go for this kind of luxury? :classic_biggrin:

ArenaNet gave us the choice between 3 different game modes: WvW, PvP and PvE. It also didn't make the journey based on RNG; the goals are calculable (including the time frame).

Destiny 2 for one. Want the Exotic weapon from a Raid? Do it once, and you've got it.

Mind you, it's no surprise people are unaware that some other games don't require as much grind as GW2.

After all, time spent playing other games is time lost on gear acquisition in GW2, and that's one of ANet's primary means of player retention.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Destiny 2 for one. Want the Exotic weapon from a Raid? Do it once, and you've got it.

Mind you, it's no surprise people are unaware that some other games don't require as much grind as GW2.

After all, time spent playing other games is time lost on gear acquisition in GW2, and that's one of ANet's primary means of player retention.

Exotic weapons in destiny give you power, legendaries in gw2 don't. And it's not exactly an mmorpg either? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Eh, as a WvW player I already spend only 0.001% of my time worrying about ascended gear. I already have all the mats and got 500 crafting in 30 minutes. Not much content is being 'lost' by having legendary gear.

Legendaries give a reason for me to do some other content, which is nice. The material (trophy) grind is what causes me serious burnout. Hundred hours of pvp? Sure, I'm in. Hundred hours doing collections or traveling different maps? Why not. 5x that repeatedly running dragonfall meta for gold/VM and I'm ready for a 2 year break. I can't even bring myself to start a legendary at this point.

6 hours ago, ens.9854 said:

Eh, as a WvW player I already spend only 0.001% of my time worrying about ascended gear. I already have all the mats and got 500 crafting in 30 minutes. Not much content is being 'lost' by having legendary gear.

Legendaries give a reason for me to do some other content, which is nice. The material (trophy) grind is what causes me serious burnout. Hundred hours of pvp? Sure, I'm in. Hundred hours doing collections or traveling different maps? Why not. 5x that repeatedly running dragonfall meta for gold/VM and I'm ready for a 2 year break. I can't even bring myself to start a legendary at this point.

I was recently looking around at conversations on various sites about whether to pursue vision vs. aurora. I was surprised to find a fair amount of people who said going after either one lead them to several months to even years break from the game because of burnout.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I was recently looking around at conversations on various sites about whether to pursue vision vs. aurora. I was surprised to find a fair amount of people who said going after either one lead them to several months to even years break from the game because of burnout.

I'll probably go for Vision. I just finished Skyscale so I have all this LS4 currency lying around. The only issue I really see here is you need to do the meta achievement for "A Star to Guide Us"

Aurora.... looks like a lot of crap. Including the infamous Chalice of Tears.

Of course I don't need to rush anything in particular.

Oh, I'm probably not getting this amulet either.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The only issue I really see here is you need to do the meta achievement for "A Star to Guide Us"

For what? It's been a while but I know that you don't need to complete the Staff of the Inevitable for Vision.

Edited by Tails.9372

7 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

For what? It's been a while but I know that you don't need to complete the Staff of the Inevitable for Vision.

You just need the staff head as one of the unlocks for that map as part of Vision I’s achievement. It’s the only one out of LWS4 ones that requires mastery (the rest technically can be unlocked doing the WvW or PvP track for that map)

30 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

You just need the staff head as one of the unlocks for that map as part of Vision I’s achievement. It’s the only one out of LWS4 ones that requires mastery (the rest technically can be unlocked doing the WvW or PvP track for that map)

Ah, that's what it was, but that one isn't that bad. You only have to complete 38/43 meaning you can skip the 5 achievements you like the least (other meta achievements are a lot stricter in that regard).

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 2