Rune of the tapper better be gone with EoD launch

Ovark.2514

11 hours ago, The Fear.3865 said:

Trapper rune is bad design and every spec doesnt have to be meta. 

The builds I mentioned can just go in and out of combat and never die and always get the kill.

traps cannot, it’s not by fault of trapper rune and it’s about as good as it can be-

nerf necro, thief rev and engi, not trapper rune 

period

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

The builds I mentioned can just go in and out of combat and never die and always get the kill.

traps cannot, it’s not by fault of trapper rune and it’s about as good as it can be-

nerf necro, thief rev and engi, not trapper rune 

period

This, but ironically. Lmao

Just give it a 20s icd, or something. That's how most T6 rune effects work.
DH traps are potent but fairly easy to predict and work around while ranger traps aren't worth the utility slot, both shining only against less experienced opposition who choose to eat the full duration.

~ Kovu

edit- Lol, "tapper". Dance rune!

Edited by Kovu.7560

It's not about traps, it is about stealth and superspeed being overloaded af on a spec that shouldn't have this amount of mobility and disengage. DH is clearly designed as a relatively slow class. Adding stealth + superspeed to it just makes it obnoxious to classes without a reveal. And don't we all love the 10k trueshots from stealth or a pull into dragons maw from stealth. The class is fine as is, just this rune is a joke with the amount of disengage potential it gives.

Edited by Koensol.5860

7 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

It's not about traps, it is about stealth and superspeed being overloaded af on a spec that shouldn't have this amount of mobility and disengage. DH is clearly designed as a relatively slow class. Adding stealth + superspeed to it just makes it obnoxious to classes without a reveal. And don't we all love the 10k trueshots from stealth or a pull into dragons maw from stealth. The class is fine as is, just this rune is a joke with the amount of disengage potential it gives.

Whenever I get pulled intoDragons Maw, I'm trully happy, because I know I can just obliterate 13k HP guy, who decided to not play Renewed Focus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

This is the one thing I don’t get-

what in the world makes you guys think the class should be slow.

the only argument I hear from any of you is- “the class is supposed to be slow and therefor something that increases its speed is bad design”.

there is no evidence to support this, in fact it’s opinion. You guys should come up with an actual reason to remove before it is removed...

6 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

If any of you rolled SD thief you'd be farming them.

explain how 1 sd thief counters 5 invisible guards with invisible traps while the thief has no stability and is able to get trapped by maw  and LB 5 (lets not act like when you teleport out of it you dont sometimes get cc'd anyway by a bug with the trap) tethered by DH f1 unable to stealth and get yanked around pushed around by multiple bow3's.

remember this was a whole 5 man team running this crap (and imo they were a team of decent individuals, like ive fought scrub players that group up many times they were not scrubs probably HoT era mid plat tier players imo) they did it on purpose and they knew how to abuse their class & trapper rune and unlike most people they know how to use the targeting system so individual players on my full team of non premade were dropping like flies, i personally couldn't keep locked on anyone because of the trapper rune and the rotating stealth with them having eachothers back so if i have one low for example he stealths runs away with superspeed im waiting for him to come out of stealth so i can finish him but instead a new guard emerges from stealth with full health to cover him and midway into that fight the other one that was low comes back to +1 at full health and so on (just one example) certain classes didn't have stealth for a reason guards never needed this crap and if they are insistent on keeping it in the game it needs a 10sec icd, the frequency of which it can be spammed is the main problem the rune is a crutch.

rune of the trapper in a mediocre players hands is a crutch however in an experienced to good players hands it a nuke that can be detonated multiple times on a whim no other rune is this strong and no rune should be, your strength should come from your amulet and build, runes and sigils are just supposed to be sprinkles on your cake.

Edited by Shadow Dragon.1469

7 minutes ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

explain how 1 sd thief counters 5 invisible guards with invisible traps while the thief has no stability and is able to get trapped by maw  and LB 5 (lets not act like when you teleport out of it you dont sometimes get cc'd anyway by a bug with the trap) tethered by DH f1 unable to stealth and get yanked around pushed around by multiple bow3's.

remember this was a whole 5 man team running this crap (and imo they were a team of decent individuals, like ive fought scrub players that group up many times they were not scrubs probably HoT era mid plat tier players imo) they did it on purpose and they knew how to abuse their class & trapper rune and unlike most people they know how to use the targeting system so individual players on my full team of non premade were dropping like flies, i personally couldn't keep locked on anyone because of the trapper rune and the rotating stealth with them having eachothers back so if i have one low for example he stealths runs away with superspeed im waiting for him to come out of stealth so i can finish him but instead a new guard emerges from stealth with full health to cover him and midway into that fight the other one that was low comes back to +1 at full health and so on (just one example) certain classes didn't have stealth for a reason guards never needed this crap and if they are insistent on keeping it in the game it needs a 10sec icd, the frequency of which it can be spammed is the main problem the rune is a crutch.

rune of the trapper in a mediocre players hands is a crutch however in an experienced to good players hands it a nuke that can be detonated multiple times on a whim no other rune is this strong and no rune should be, your strength should come from your amulet and build, runes and sigils are just supposed to be sprinkles on your cake.

I didn't say you'd be able to 1v5. But you'll farm them insanely fast due to flanking / larc strike being unblockable and ripping retal and fury, leaving the dh without damage. 

SD doesn't rely on stealth and no dh worth running is ever going to play with Dragon's Maw. 

You people don't even know what you're complaining about, christ.

4 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

I didn't say you'd be able to 1v5. But you'll farm them insanely fast due to flanking / larc strike being unblockable and ripping retal and fury, leaving the dh without damage. 

SD doesn't rely on stealth and no dh worth running is ever going to play with Dragon's Maw. 

You people don't even know what you're complaining about, christ.

everything you said relies on a visible guard and for them more or less to stay still and for the thief to be super glass (easily killable by the other gaurds) acting like spamming 3 or 2&3 arent going to leave the thief initiative starved and free food for the other guards, acting like the guard cant reapply his boons and heal from thief damage and go invulnerable acting like the success of a s/d thief doesn't rely on a strong team to support or distract attention from you when going up against another good team...

sound like you have no idea what you're talking about and just throwing out crap to be a devils advocate or w/e your angle is.

18 minutes ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

everything you said relies on a visible guard and for them more or less to stay still and for the thief to be super glass (easily killable by the other gaurds) acting like spamming 3 or 2&3 arent going to leave the thief initiative starved and free food for the other guards, acting like the guard cant reapply his boons and heal from thief damage and go invulnerable acting like the success of a s/d thief doesn't rely on a strong team to support or distract attention from you when going up against another good team...

sound like you have no idea what you're talking about and just throwing out crap to be a devils advocate or w/e your angle is.

Let me pick your post apart.

You have more than enough damage and initiative to deal 11k dmg during evade frames.

The only way to get fury is through sword symbol and procession of blades, both are incredibly easy to rip. 

Like i said, ofc you're going to die being outnumbered. Just like you'll die to 5 holos, revs, or necros in a 1v5.

You mentioned Dragon's Maw, how is the guard going invuln? If he runs renewed focus over Dragon's Maw, he has less stealth. 

S/D thief absolutely does not rely on good team support to excel, especially not into guards. It's the free-est matchup SD thief has.

6 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

Let me pick your post apart.

You have more than enough damage and initiative to deal 11k dmg during evade frames.

The only way to get fury is through sword symbol and procession of blades, both are incredibly easy to rip. 

Like i said, ofc you're going to die being outnumbered. Just like you'll die to 5 holos, revs, or necros in a 1v5.

You mentioned Dragon's Maw, how is the guard going invuln? If he runs renewed focus over Dragon's Maw, he has less stealth. 

S/D thief absolutely does not rely on good team support to excel, especially not into guards. It's the free-est matchup SD thief has.

you're not going to have full evasion during 3 spam there are spots at which you can be hit you're confusing bad guards with good ones who dont just spam cc skills and time them well at times when people would be vulnerable, no guard worth his salt is going to let you just pump 11k damage into him without retaliation (no pun) they can move/dodge/invuln/stealth with rune(which breaks tracking on 3)/f2 leap so many options and this is just assuming no outside help.

holos and necros are easy to deal with so i dont agree with that, i deal with many outnumbered situations all the time its easy when you can see your target, even still you can downgrade your point to a 2v1 YOU are not going to beat 2 guards of equal skill to you running that rune by yourself on a s/d thief if they weren't you could probably outplay them but with it nah you're just talking out your kitten.

no one said all of them were fully loaded with all traps i noticed one actually had the revive channel skill that he used on one of his downed teammates from a distance some of them had the invuln/recharge f skills elite at least one had that heal that blocks attacks while invuln

so your mindset is were i had estimated you have this ideal spot in your head of a thief 1v1 vs a trap guard and in that situation alone sure victory would go to the thief more often than not with no outside assistance but if you start inserting other variables into the mix things are not so clear 1v1 isnt always an option vs premade groups especially if your teams can't deal with the situation. (i deal with bad teams all the time and i can carry but you can't carry against that not when they are actually good players using a broken rune in unison)

@Shadow Dragon.1469im gonna be perfectly honest, but a trap dh has no openings against an sd thief. They will have dodged w.e you throw at them and by the time they are close they will have landed a 3.5k larcenous strike + mug for half your health pool and will just mace crack you whenever you want to fight back, that is if they didn’t finish the sword 3 chain skill for your entire hp pool.

Sd thief is a huge dh counter, trust me cuz when burn dh was meta and we saw 2 burn guards per game- I just played acro s/d thief and farmed basically any guardian on Na, it counters in 1v1s team fight, roads you name it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

you're not going to have full evasion during 3 spam there are spots at which you can be hit you're confusing bad guards with good ones who dont just spam cc skills and time them well at times when people would be vulnerable, no guard worth his salt is going to let you just pump 11k damage into him without retaliation (no pun) they can move/dodge/invuln/stealth with rune(which breaks tracking on 3)/f2 leap so many options and this is just assuming no outside help.

holos and necros are easy to deal with so i dont agree with that, i deal with many outnumbered situations all the time its easy when you can see your target, even still you can downgrade your point to a 2v1 YOU are not going to beat 2 guards of equal skill to you running that rune by yourself on a s/d thief if they weren't you could probably outplay them but with it nah you're just talking out your kitten.

no one said all of them were fully loaded with all traps i noticed one actually had the revive channel skill that he used on one of his downed teammates from a distance some of them had the invuln/recharge f skills elite at least one had that heal that blocks attacks while invuln

so your mindset is were i had estimated you have this ideal spot in your head of a thief 1v1 vs a trap guard and in that situation alone sure victory would go to the thief more often than not with no outside assistance but if you start inserting other variables into the mix things are not so clear 1v1 isnt always an option vs premade groups especially if your teams can't deal with the situation. (i deal with bad teams all the time and i can carry but you can't carry against that not when they are actually good players using a broken rune in unison)

You know what, you're totally right. 5 zerk trapper dhs is the hidden tech all high tier players have missed. There's nothing you can do to them as you can't see them and they burst you for all of your health without counterplay.