Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get why ArenaNet isn't just doing the sale on their own website, at least for copies of the game. Seems like the easiest solution instead of having to arrange a sale with a vendor for every si

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-sales-on-gem-cards-and-guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-this-weekend// Amazon US doesn't sell to you if you're in Canada. Can't find anyone on this list that does. 😔

ANet doesn't seem to care about Canadian buyers. I agree, it would be nice to at least have an explanation.

23 minutes ago, Baron Oakley.1539 said:

I don't get why ArenaNet isn't just doing the sale on their own website, at least for copies of the game. Seems like the easiest solution instead of having to arrange a sale with a vendor for every single country the game is sold in.

To be fair, one can expect that regional laws may affect the ability for the company to offer sales within that region.  For example we know that Belgium laws mean that BLC Keys cannot be sold or acquired for players in that region.  However we do not know why Canada is excluded from these sales, nor why we can purchase and ship MANY Amazon items from the US to Canada, but not these specific Gem cards.

I want to buy Gems at a discount, I do not want to buy Gems at full price.  Over the past 2 years or so, I have decided that if I cannot buy Gems at a discount I won't buy them at full price.  I would save my money to buy multiple cards at 20% off if it was available.  Now I save my money for something not GW2 related.  I am happy to repost Fire Attunements comment until we know either A - Why Canada doesn't get sales like this of B - Canada gets included in a sale like this or C - I move onto another game

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

To be fair, one can expect that regional laws may affect the ability for the company to offer sales within that region.  For example we know that Belgium laws mean that BLC Keys cannot be sold or acquired for players in that region.  However we do not know why Canada is excluded from these sales, nor why we can purchase and ship MANY Amazon items from the US to Canada, but not these specific Gem cards.

I want to buy Gems at a discount, I do not want to buy Gems at full price.  Over the past 2 years or so, I have decided that if I cannot buy Gems at a discount I won't buy them at full price.  I would save my money to buy multiple cards at 20% off if it was available.  Now I save my money for something not GW2 related.  I am happy to repost Fire Attunements comment until we know either A - Why Canada doesn't get sales like this of B - Canada gets included in a sale like this or C - I move onto another game


Yeah, but there definitely isn't a regional law stopping ArenaNet from offering the game on sale on their own website for Canadian buyers, they've done it in the past. (just last November, actually)

Also, it's worth noting that the laws in Belgium prevent black lion keys from being sold at all, rather than merely preventing them from being sold at a discount. Gem cards can definitely be sold here and I'm pretty sure there's no law specifically preventing them from being put on sale.

Agree that if we're literally never going to get sales here it would be nice to know why. Especially when it seems we're one of a very few exceptions among countries in the Americas/Europe.

Edited by Baron Oakley.1539
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Many folks in smaller European countries won't be too happy either since amazon only sells download codes to people in their respective country, e.g. amazon.it only sells to Italians or amazon.co.uk to Brits. The smaller retailers don't cover that many small countries either.

There is also still the possibility that these codes sell out within minutes or and up limited to one per customer. 🧐

Edited by Sarajiel.5830
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gems aside, I imagine that any free to play players, considering buying the game, would take advantage of the 50% off sale price on Path of Fire, with all that it includes. And I bet that once they'd experienced more of what the game has to offer, many of them would want to invest in End of Dragons as well.

Also, even though I'm Canadian, I was able to take advantage of some Guild Wars 2 promotions offered through Amazon Prime, so I'm surprised that this promotion isn't available via the regular Amazon site.

For sure it's a real missed opportunity for ArenaNet, especially given that the End of Dragons expansion is right around the corner.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2021 at 1:38 PM, Baron Oakley.1539 said:

I don't get why ArenaNet isn't just doing the sale on their own website, at least for copies of the game. Seems like the easiest solution instead of having to arrange a sale with a vendor for every single country the game is sold in.

Oh wow they arent? Why is PoF not on sale on their site, I would rather buy through them anyway.  Anet you really need to put this on your site, there are a lot of players that will buy this! Not to mention a lot cant go through those sites listed. I want to buy but I only want to buy through the anet site. They will sell out of codes and we wont get anything! Thats why you need to sell the game.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

They will sell out of codes and we wont get anything!

Personally I doubt that Amazon will run out of codes during a 6 week long sale. Especially since NCsoft seems to cozy up to them really hard at the moment. That's probably the main reason why they don't offer the sale in their own shop. 

What's more likely to happen is that all those small shady key resellers will make a fortune.

However discounted gem cards could be quite a different story. At least the small resellers seem to struggle here in Europe already, while Amazon happily sells them.

Edited by Sarajiel.5830
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started playing another game that was made in Canada, and have a 50% off cash shop currency sales almost every week as a login reward. I already bought the upcoming Guild Wars 2 expansion. So it's just been a waiting game for that to come out. 
Edit: I do wish I would stop receiving alerts for sales from Arenanet when the sale doesn't include the country I play in.  Ultimately those ads are not targeted at me so I shouldn't be getting them. 

Edited by Obfuscate.6430
clarification
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised Amazon.com won't sell to Canadians, I've bought stuff from there before and I'm in the UK. Shipping was more expensive of course and there was a charge for currency conversion, but otherwise it worked.

I also bought gems from GameLiebe in Germany during the last sale and that worked too. The biggest challenge was navigating the website with my limited knowledge of German. Again there were some extra fees (which meant it was more like a 15% discount than 20%) but that was all, they emailed me the code, I applied it to my account and got the gems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

i've started playing another game that was made in Canada, and have a 50% in game currency almost every week as a login reward. I already bought the upcoming Guild Wars 2 expansion. So it's just been a waiting game for that to come out. 

Which game is that, if you don't mind me asking? I'm very disappointed that Canadians have been left out of the sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm surprised Amazon.com won't sell to Canadians, I've bought stuff from there before and I'm in the UK. Shipping was more expensive of course and there was a charge for currency conversion, but otherwise it worked.

I also bought gems from GameLiebe in Germany during the last sale and that worked too. The biggest challenge was navigating the website with my limited knowledge of German. Again there were some extra fees (which meant it was more like a 15% discount than 20%) but that was all, they emailed me the code, I applied it to my account and got the gems.

I've never been able to buy anything from Amazon.com. I tried again just now, but as in the past, there is always the disclaimer that the item is not available outside of the US. 

https://imgur.com/y5fuWle

Edited by Stelawrat.6589
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...