Bladesworn Changes 24/11/2021

Smoosh.2718

Little bit of good, little bit of bad.

Faster charge was always needed, glad they listened.

OH Pistol is NEVER going to compete with shield in pvp/wvw, nor axe in pve. Put it on main hand already. Furthermore, I'm not sure why the range of the pistol is STILL so low either. 240 range? Really? Other professions have a pistol range of at least 900, what's up with the double standard.

Lush Forest got nerfed, as expected. Maybe increase how much time it reduces by an extra second or two? It has very limited use now, it wont do anything at the start of a fight when you have no cooldowns, and you're not going to have anything max ammo in the middle of a fight, or going from point to point.

Flow Stabilizer - We already have For Great Justice, which also has synergy with traits and runes. The stability should have been left as it was. The bonus needs to go,  and the flow gain should be a baseline 12 or something, why the extra hoop to jump through.

Dragon Slash-Boost - Unless the skill is glitching people into walls, the speed needs to stay, there is already enough opportunity for counterplay us, it should be our reward for making ourselves a "Nuke here" target.

Break Step -  Why the speed change on a skill all about repositioning to move to your target.

Fierce as Fire - They should've said how much of an increase. Coefficients were nerfed hard, making this the obvious PvE choice.

Daring Dragon - Depending on the new Dragonscale Defense this can be either ok, or meh.

Was really hoping for a change to Guns and Glory. It's just a boring stat increase.

Didn't get any love to the utilities either, which is a shame, they're all pretty underwhelming now.

• Like 2

If miracle happens and this spec becomes meta and berserker wont be the viable option anymore, i'll just trash it and main guard. The theme is just silly, the gameplay is nothing like a warrior should be. Im already angry about no effort cfb, thief, scourge and literally everything else. Or i might just give vindicator a go, buffed already, changed for the best.

Pve, i dont do pvp yet

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Weapon Swap remains disabled.

Pistol remains a melee weapon.

There's still no Distortion or Evade while charging Dragon Trigger.

No mention of fixing the issue with Dragon Trigger being too easily evaded.

There's still no reason for me to play this over core Warrior.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Weapon Swap remains disabled.

Pistol remains a melee weapon.

There's still no Distortion or Evade while charging Dragon Trigger.

No mention of fixing the issue with Dragon Trigger being too easily evaded.

There's still no reason for me to play this over core Warrior.

Put it all in the feed back thread. Not sure if they're starting a new one for beta 4 or not.

• Like 1

It's clear that they care MORE about the samurai film theme than they do about the kitten spec functioning properly...

Hey, Anet if you really want the theme to work, make DS easier to hit with, with hitboxes that can't be jumped or WASD over and instantly kill anyone under 50% HP and instantly finish them. Cause that would be in theme...

Just give us perma Daring Dragon Boost oneshot potential and 1200 range 10 ammo flicker step with 3 evade armaments and now that would be it. 

I would prefer pulling a Mugetsu like Ichigo over any idea of gunsamurai you guys have on the studio. Can we make ultimate attacks that kill zergs if we are allowed to charge them? 

I also want an aura at this point. No more calm nature, real screams. I want to go SS3 every time I charge DT.

wish I had better quality

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

These changes further strenghten my impression that Bladesworn as a spec is supposed to revolve around Dragon Trigger and Gunsabre as well as Pistol only exist because they have to. Warrior gets a new super move tied to a new "weapon" so they pretty much had to give them the "weapon" with 5 normal skills. Because it is an elite spec it has to get access to a new weapon option so they threw pistol in there. I am still not convinced that this will lead to an entertaining spec, but I reserve judgement until after the the beta.

"Flow Stabilizer: Now grants Fury when used, instead of Stability. The bonus effect is now triggered if you have Fury instead of Stability."

Seriously, the skill has "Stabilizer" in the name and it does not generate Stability? At least rename it to "Rage Enhancer".

• Like 3

Does anyone like the change to Flow Stab? We get Stab sure on DT use but... I used it outside of DT as well. Bladesworn essentially lost access to easy stab use, back to just shouting free? 😕 
Plus the trait still gives 100% crit right? Which means fury does nothing. The best specs I saw with Bladesworn needed 0 Precision. 
Plus I do hope they make flow stay outside of combat so it actually flows in open world. And make Pistol mainhand and give it some range and the various other improvements it still needs 

On 11/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

😆

Bladesworn. Worst e-spec ever.

About the only feedback they listened to was changing Fierce as Fire and Lush Forest and making the charges on DT faster. They literally ignored all the other persistent feedback from all of us.

Reminds me of a post I made back in September, 

I mean, its too be expected after all 🙂 If they did listen to all our feedback and did change the class to be as good as it could be, we'd actually have a strong E-spec that is really usable and strong in all game modes. Can they really give warriors that? 

On 11/25/2021 at 6:20 PM, Jzaku.9765 said:

Never happening because combined with the GM that lets you chain Dragon Triggers, you would be capable of evade framing for a good minute or so.

Yeah but your flow remains limited, and you have to generate that flow, plus if you take that GM trait prepare to meet some nasty blind spam and aegis.

I literally uninstalled this game because of the massive disrespect warrior has gotten from the devs over and over.  I will not purchase the expansion or even consider reinstalling the game unless they drastically improve core warrior and scrap this entire kitten spec nobody asked or wanted for a viable range or support spec.  You don't kittening get to trash my main class and give guardian perm 5 man alac.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Gregious.8903 said:

I literally uninstalled this game because of the massive disrespect warrior has gotten from the devs over and over.  I will not purchase the expansion or even consider reinstalling the game unless they drastically improve core warrior and scrap this entire kitten spec nobody asked or wanted for a viable range or support spec.  You don't kittening get to trash my main class and give guardian perm 5 man alac.

Started free trial of FFXIV last night. Best decision of my life.

Wait so now it charges faster and costs less but down 60% dmg? Without the lush forest to spam the dragon trigger won't we be sitting on capped Flow unless taking daring dragon? This is becoming even less of the old samurai movie 1 slash moves. I don't think you should be getting punished for building flow like this, especially if you still have to be on gunsaber to go into dragon trigger and not your other weapon set. Will have to follow up after the beta but I suspect I will still have to camp the gunsaber but now have less to do than before without the damage.

Trying to find the "We're sorry we let the weeby intern out of his box and conjured up the Gunblade idea.  Inventing things for shiggles is not in our wheelhouse, and is bound to be a recipe for issues on multiple levels.  Here's what our coherent designers have for you instead..."  Anyone else find it?  

On 11/25/2021 at 3:49 AM, anbujackson.9564 said:

One thing about PvP that came to me after some more thinking. 

Arent thosen grandmaster changes bad in a way, too? Now if you see a bladesworn getting protection, you can just use blinds/blocks, if you see might you need to dodge, if you see neither its blind/block again. Maybe Im thinking too much about it.

It would depend on A. How long you take to make that determination and react with the faster charge times and B. What kind of build a bladesworn would be using. Arms and Defense with the Bladesworn could easily use daring dragon, clear blindness, and have unlockable.

Making that read based on the boons is a good warning of what you would most likely be facing for sure though.