Anyone else want main hand/dual wield pistol?

Deadran.7345

As masters of all weapon types, why are we only able to fire a gun with our left hand? Really doesn't make sense, I get that the gunsaber is our new main mechanic and I'm okay with that- but this whole off-hand pistol thing just seems so odd.
Having both off and main-hand pistols would give us a great pirate-ish archetype we can utilize outside of gunsaber- mixes well with the new boats. Something like skill 3 on thief with dual pistol is something I've wanted on Warr since the start, just feels so aggressive in a warrior-like way.
Just putting some thoughts out there. Really wish we'll get this.
Here's a few examples from City of Heroes; 

Edited by Deadran.7345
  • Like 1

I think we mentioned it a couple of hundred times in the thread for bladesworn, but then started bargaining for at least a MH and making pistol ranged or at least off hand ranged. Yep pretty desperate for anything useful at this point.
"But can pistol be a ranged weapon" sounds kinda funny as a request. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I think we mentioned it a couple of hundred times in the thread for bladesworn, but then started bargaining for at least a MH and making pistol ranged or at least off hand ranged. Yep pretty desperate for anything useful at this point.
"But can pistol be a ranged weapon" sounds kinda funny as a request. 

Exactly! But since they've put effort into the off-hand, even if it's *literally melee*, pistol they might as well leave it there and hand us dual wielding.
To keep it in the lore of GW it's just such a great Pirate weapon set, and I linked the City of Heroes gameplay since we're going to Cantha and they're implementing a lot of anime-ish gameplay/animations to the game- why not Gun-Fu ish stuff too; like this

"With this specialization, we're trying to deliver an homage to classic samurai films." =  the espec is actually about Gunsaber, not pistol.

Pistol was added to complement the explosive aspect or flavor of Gunsaber, but also made that it doesn't distract from Gunsaber.

I agree that Anet missed the theme and should have focused more on pistols and make gunner-like spec. But they can do whatever they want and I am sure there are lots of people who like the theme as it is now.

It is time to accept that the Gunsaber is the focal point of the spec, not pistol. Consider pistol as dagger off-hand. Cool looking but tragic in practice. :classic_sad:

4 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

It is time to accept that the Gunsaber is the focal point of the spec, not pistol. Consider pistol as dagger off-hand. Cool looking but tragic in practice. :classic_sad:

Not quite yet. There's still a sliver of hope that they might listen to us this time around once they see that BS still sucks after the relatively small mechanical changes they made this pass. They're clearly hoping the BS is mostly salvageable and that a few tweaks will fix 'er up. But they are very, very wrong about that. Maybe, just maybe, they'll actually listen this time.... I'm not holding my breath, though 😥

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Not quite yet. There's still a sliver of hope that they might listen to us this time around once they see that BS still sucks after the relatively small mechanical changes they made this pass. They're clearly hoping the BS is mostly salvageable and that a few tweaks will fix 'er up. But they are very, very wrong about that. Maybe, just maybe, they'll actually listen this time.... I'm not holding my breath, though 😥

I believe so as well, yes the spec is based on the gunsaber- but they still gave us a new weapon. Why not just make it dual pistol instead of pretending like we've only got an off-hand trigger finger and our main-hand's index finger is paralyzed every time we see a pistol. We need to keep asking for it, since we're still far from EoD release- this is the time to ask for it!
And speaking of berserker, it's just the same story as with core- we're banner slaves, with some punch, but with a purely DPS based spec like Bladesworn we might actually be "allowed" to fill a dps spot in groups (not just when there's another warr bs in the group).

@Lan Deathrider.5910has convinced me that the current pistol would be best as a main hand weapon. I don’t really care about having another OH tbh, we have really good OH choices atm. Even mace and sword are pretty decent. 
With blade in competitive modes, oh axe was the best option imo. The high melee cleave complimented the gunsaber quite well when I could actually weapon swap.

Some of these video clips are giving some sick 'Equilibrium' Gun Kata vibes.  What a missed opportunity in an Eastern-themed expansion to not have gun martial artist on a class that can actually fit the dual pistol typology.  I really don't like the lackluster Gunsaber being shoved down our throat to begin with, but the potentials of the former just sound way more fun and novel!

Edited by Borked.6824
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Borked.6824 said:

Some of these video clips are giving some sick 'Equilibrium' Gun Kata vibes.  What a missed opportunity in an Eastern-themed expansion to not have gun martial artist on a class that can actually fit the dual pistol typology.  I really don't like the lackluster Gunsaber being shoved down our throat to begin with, but the potentials of the former just sound way more fun and novel!

True!

3 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

The funny thing is they could easily make the Offhand pistol into a main hand by just making a AA Explosive skill  .  Then you could run variation of Pistol /Shield, or pistol/X giving some sort of decent mid ranged gameplay with Gunsaber as your melee bread and butter.  

100% agree with you! You could even just copy the projectile animation of Gun Saber 4 to give it a punchy, explosion-style shot. 

The way I see it, OH isn't bad bc of close projectile range, its bad bc of close shadowstep range. Anet deciding to only give OH pistol was my sign that it was meant to be more of a close range hand-cannon than a thief-styled pistol. And yet they still messed that up.

All I'm saying, is that if OH pistol was more like the supershotgun from DOOM Eternal, with a longer range get-in-close 4 (at least 900 range) and a BDE damage 5, there'd be a lot less concern.

for reference

Edited by GeneralBM.5781