Synergetics Skyscale soon! [discussion]

EdwinLi.1284

So this new special sale event had a reveal that the Synergetics Skyscale is soon. We had the Synergetics Skimmer not long ago.

What is your opinion about the design?

For me, it is a lovely design and certainly gives off a legendary mount appearance.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

I really hope that it's not the "synergetics" version of it. What makes these skins appeal to me is that they specifically not look like some kind of "animal / creature" and that skin is still essentially just that.

Plus the "Exo-Suit" line already covers the "cyber animal / creature" theme.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

I really hope that it's not the "synergetics" version of it. What makes these skins applel to me is that they specifically not look like some kind of "animal / creature" and that skin is still essentially just that.

Plus the "Exo-Suit" line already covers the "cyber animal / creature" theme.

I love exo suit skin and like them but no skyscal so.. I'll take this new one if it come 1st ^^
Also get the hover freely from a lucky chest ! 

7 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

The design is interesting, but Reddit quickly pointed out that it much resembles a creature from League of Legends. Paired with the recent popularity of the related show Arcane, it's easy to see why we might be getting this now. Timely, relevant marketing in the gem store? Color me surprised.

Whats wrong with LoL?
I has the best music video releases in gaming history.
I first thought that was Divinity's Reach being attacked by Scarlet Briar

Edited by Norbe.7630

9 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

Whats wrong with LoL?

Nothing is wrong with LoL (if you enjoy it). The upcoming Skyscale, however, looks like a Hextech Drake, which - with Arcane/LoL being relevant right now - means this is a good time to offer something like this. And I'm surprised, because their marketing usually comes at weird times with weird subjects.

4 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Nothing is wrong with LoL (if you enjoy it). The upcoming Skyscale, however, looks like a Hextech Drake, which - with Arcane/LoL being relevant right now - means this is a good time to offer something like this. And I'm surprised, because their marketing usually comes at weird times with weird subjects.

Ah i see.
But have you seen the similarities of Scarlet Briar to Jinx...

It's not my thing at all, given the choice between an animal mount and a vehicle I'll take the animal every time. Given the choice between a dragon and pretty much anything else (yes, including a robo-dragon) it's not even a question, I'll choose the dragon before you've even finished saying the other option.

But I know it's something a lot of other people have wanted for a long time, so I'm glad Anet are adding it because it means they're making things players want.

• Like 1

Have to admit, if this is the synergetics skyscale, it will likely be a sad, hard pass because it's not following in line with the synergetics roller beetle and skimmer being tech and not animals.

Personally, I've been hoping for these futuristic skins..  things like...  a synergetics rocket chair (springer), hover tank (siege turtle), jetbike w/portal device (jackel), maybe some kind of jetpack/hoverboard (griffon), a jeep (warclaw) and a helicopter/osprey type machine (skyscale)

Edited by Ceryxobitus.3012
spacing
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ceryxobitus.3012 said:

Have to admit, if this is the synergetics skyscale, it will likely be a sad, hard pass because it's not following in line with the synergetics roller beetle and skimmer being tech and not animals.

Personally, I've been hoping for these futuristic skins..  things like...  a synergetics rocket chair (springer), hover tank (siege turtle), jetbike w/portal device (jackel), maybe some kind of jetpack/hoverboard (griffon), a jeep (warclaw) and a helicopter/osprey type machine (skyscale)

In my opinion, it follows through with the Sci-fi theme Synergetics mount follows. Highly advance robotic animals is a rare theme that is not often covered in Sci-fi stuff but it does appear once in a while in Sci-fi series. 

The GW2 theme for being Sci-fi Fantasy makes it fit in more since we know that some crazy Asura probably thought about the idea of making a highly advance robotic animal as their pet or weapon of war.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

2 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

In my opinion, it follows through with the Sci-fi theme Synergetics mount follows.

But it overlaps to much with the "Sci-fi theme" of the Exo-Suit line which makes this one rather redundant. Ceryxobitus is right, something like a hover jet would have been preferable for the "Synergetics" line.

If you really want "robotic animals" themed mount skins then a "Iron Legion" themed line would have been more appropriate as they already heavily incorporate animal themes into their designs.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1