Siege Turtle = A Combat Only Mount and Yet Another EoD Fail

For combat it's the only consistent mount. For mobility and ANYTHING else it's completely useless.

It's a hinder for any other situation. It's as slow as the run speed of your character. It's leap is too low. Mastery won't help that much either.

It can't float on water, swim consistently, or move anywhere other than at the bottom of the ocean so now it has to deal with all the environmental obstacles we never had to deal with before, and is clunky and slow as heck to get to the surface.

The Dev controlling it nearly had a stroke trying to get it to move anywhere just to find something to kill and Ruby was getting impatient waiting for her driver to get moving. If your own members are struggling with this mount how do you think the players will feel?

So it can't fly, can't leap high enough, can't move fast, and has all the slippery slide effects of the skimmer.

On top of that you have to have a second player to control the cannons? Its main use? LOL...

This is purely a group combat mount. Nothing else. And its attack is weak and takes too long to recharge.

Just another failed, empty feature of this hollow "expansion".

Do you have anything... ANYTHING at all in EoD that is NOT a fail Anet? Is there anything in this recycled patch that is worth getting excited for and paying our hard earned money for? Is this all you have to offer after all this time and for this much money? What a disgrace.

Edited by Cynova.1236
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 30
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Cynova.1236 said:

Do you have anything... ANYTHING at all in EoD that is NOT a fail Anet? Is there anything in this recycled patch that is worth getting excited for and paying our hard earned money for? Is this all you have to offer after all this time and for this much money? What a disgrace.

So the start has some good points about the mount. But what happens with this part of your post? There is alot they are working on, and they have shown alot of changes already with wvw and the changes with the upcoming class beta. What specifically do you believe is so hollow? Also they have said they are hiding stuff. So there could be more that we have not seen. I'm not saying what they make is gold. But cool your roll man.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I'm waiting for the beta test to actually form any opinions about it. So far, I think it looks cool, and I don't mind one way or the other that it's a two-person mount. That's about it - I'll wait and see what it's actually like before getting too excited or too disappointed. 🙂

...maybe you should, too. Just wait for the beta next week. You may be pleasantly surprised, or it may confirm your disappointment, but you've only seen a preview thus far. Actually playing with the siege turtle/updated elite specs will be very different.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It'll be the most useful in certain situations only. Just like the other mounts.
It'd be silly to have a new mount completely replacing some of the old ones. 
Plus you never know what kind of events we'll get in expansion, myb the siege turtle will be required to complete some events. It does have the word siege in it after all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• Cynova.1236 changed the title to Siege Turtle = A Combat Only Mount and Yet Another EoD Fail

I wanna know if partner's cannon attacks tag mobs for the driver, otherwise farmers may not use it very much since you gotta AoE tag everything asap in PvE. The always having to move at all times to attack might be odd too but we'll see. They seem fun even though it was my mission to murder all turtles in GW1.

• Like 1

I want to try it before making my mind up, but so far I think it looks good. I'm not surprised it works differently to the existing mounts, otherwise it would be redundant. One of the good things about GW2 mounts is that they all have unique abilities and uses.

I mainly play solo so I'm not sure how much use I'll get from it if you need a second person to use it properly, but maybe it will create more opportunities to temporarily pair up if it is useful.

• Like 2

Not a particular fan of this feature myself, but:

1. The movement speed can be increased, you don't have to walk at basic speed.
  2. Movement looked smooth enough to me for a giant turtle. You also have the camera turn for proper aiming.
  3. It has a decent amount of HP, which makes sense for a Siege Mount.
  4. They also took things like looting, ammo regeneration, water areas and visual clutter into account when they designed the mount - that's definitely a plus.

All in all, if you are into that kind of content, I believe this mount can be fun.

P.S. I didn't sense any impatience in Rubi.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cynova.1236 said:

For combat it's the only consistent mount. For mobility and ANYTHING else it's completely useless.

That's the point of the mount. If you have PoF and all other mounts, Siege Turtle is mostly useful for combat (or for AFK movement). If you're a new player it's a jack of all trades / master of none. 

It's very well designed. 

Also don't underestimate its speed. It looks slow because it's huge, but it's probably faster than raptor on bumpy terrain. 

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Like 1

On the first reveal of the siege turtle, I wondered if it would be used primarily for both aerial & underwater combat. Because of the positioning of the cannons, I imagined you could maneuver under an enemy skiff, ship, any type of convoy, or threat, like a DRAGON... to blast them to smithereens!

I imagined using it against an oversized flying mob, like a flock of screeching harpies, or a DRAGON... to do massive damage, blasting them out of the sky, especially effective if used in teams, maybe even with some special synergy between them. 

Although nothing like that was hinted at during this most recent chat, I can still imagine the possibility of those types of combat situations.

Looking forward to EoD Turtle Teams! 🐢🐢🐢

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cynova.1236 said:

It's a hinder for any other situation. It's as slow as the run speed of your character. It's leap is too low. Mastery won't help that much either.

It can't float on water, swim consistently, or move anywhere other than at the bottom of the ocean so now it has to deal with all the environmental obstacles we never had to deal with before, and is clunky and slow as heck to get to the surface.

The Dev controlling it nearly had a stroke trying to get it to move anywhere just to find something to kill and Ruby was getting impatient waiting for her driver to get moving. If your own members are struggling with this mount how do you think the players will feel?

So it can't fly, can't leap high enough, can't move fast, and has all the slippery slide effects of the skimmer.

On top of that you have to have a second player to control the cannons? Its main use? LOL...

This is purely a group combat mount. Nothing else. And its attack is weak and takes too long to recharge.

If you want a daily driver, the skyscale is your best bet.

I agree this mount is situationnal, but to bash it like that, without even had it out for a spin yourself, makes me think you need some fresh air.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

So it doesn’t replace any existing mounts and it’s still awaiting a full beta test to iron out any kinks and yet it’s a failure? A minority of people are far too willing to jump on the forums are cry “fail” right now.

Let us play it next week then we can judge it. Any issues can be constructively addressed before release next year

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Cynova.1236 said:

That's the plan lol. Once you got stroke on riding that turtle the only mode you can play is fishing in GW2. You only need one finger to play that thing.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3