Siege Turtle = A Combat Only Mount and Yet Another EoD Fail

But if they made a skill 1 that shoots gatling gun for the gunner and the PoV of the gunner is locked at action cam while when pressing the cannon will get out of action cam and return to normal control for aoe targeting.

It's like the jeep version of Battlefield but slower.

What I expect is the Attack helicopter version of BF4 on the GW2's siege turtle while on underwater

Oh wait, that is tortoise, that's not a sea turtle.

Maybe in the future they will add the sea turtle for that.

Edited by Norbe.7630
  • Confused 3
1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

So it doesn’t replace any existing mounts and it’s still awaiting a full beta test to iron out any kinks and yet it’s a failure? A minority of people are far too willing to jump on the forums are cry “fail” right now.

Let us play it next week then we can judge it. Any issues can be constructively addressed before release next year

The issue is that it doesn’t have any practical use like the other mounts.  It’s something that “ironing out the kinks” won’t resolve because of their design decision for all of the mounts and the direction they went with this one. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 9
10 hours ago, Cynova.1236 said:

For combat it's the only consistent mount. For mobility and ANYTHING else it's completely useless.

It's a hinder for any other situation. It's as slow as the run speed of your character. It's leap is too low. Mastery won't help that much either.

It can't float on water, swim consistently, or move anywhere other than at the bottom of the ocean so now it has to deal with all the environmental obstacles we never had to deal with before, and is clunky and slow as heck to get to the surface.

The Dev controlling it nearly had a stroke trying to get it to move anywhere just to find something to kill and Ruby was getting impatient waiting for her driver to get moving. If your own members are struggling with this mount how do you think the players will feel?

So it can't fly, can't leap high enough, can't move fast, and has all the slippery slide effects of the skimmer.

On top of that you have to have a second player to control the cannons? Its main use? LOL...

This is purely a group combat mount. Nothing else. And its attack is weak and takes too long to recharge.

Just another failed, empty feature of this hollow "expansion".

Do you have anything... ANYTHING at all in EoD that is NOT a fail Anet? Is there anything in this recycled patch that is worth getting excited for and paying our hard earned money for? Is this all you have to offer after all this time and for this much money? What a disgrace.

Sounds you already played the game.

I wanna play too. Where did you find it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
11 hours ago, Cynova.1236 said:

The Dev controlling it nearly had a stroke trying to get it to move anywhere just to find something to kill and Ruby was getting impatient waiting for her driver to get moving. If your own members are struggling with this mount how do you think the players will feel?

To be fair, during many of the livestreams the devs had difficulty navigating their own characters. I’m not sure you can judge the mounts handling based on that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It’s vastly different than other mounts- that’s a good thing

it a combat mount- that’s different, though reserve opinion on whether it’s a good thing or not 

it requires cooperation- that’s a good thing (though this is subjective, I understand, giving my opinion- I think it’s healthy and calling back more to the better elements of the launch of the game that encouraged a lot more friendly encounters than trying to play an mmo as a single player game)

I would be very surprised if they didn’t make some sort of map meta that wasn’t greatly improved by the siege turtle if not outright requiring it. This seems like something that could be enjoyable going forward with new mechanics. 

I’ll admit- the elite spec that I was most looking forward to had a horrible first beta. But overall I think EoD looks decent. Maps look great, several elite specs look fun even if not meta material. Love the look of the G3 legendaries concept art. Just what I’ve seen so far I feel my money was decently spent, though I obviously wanna experience it instead of speculate

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
21 hours ago, Cynova.1236 said:

For combat it's the only consistent mount. For mobility and ANYTHING else it's completely useless.

I don't see why that's a problem. Seems to me each mount has it's specialty ... this one is for combat. It's got problems? Yeah ... it's not even been beta tested yet. How are you surprised?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
23 hours ago, Darkvramp.5640 said:

So the start has some good points about the mount. But what happens with this part of your post? There is alot they are working on, and they have shown alot of changes already with wvw and the changes with the upcoming class beta. What specifically do you believe is so hollow? Also they have said they are hiding stuff. So there could be more that we have not seen. I'm not saying what they make is gold. But cool your roll man.

What changes to WvW? You mean Alliances? That doesnt change anything about WvW. its just a new Server Link mechanic

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

"For combat it's the only consistent mount. For mobility and ANYTHING else it's completely useless."

The beauty of mounts in gw2 is that they're for a specific purpose, You also don't pick the skyscale for it's swimming ability
or the jackal for it's flying ability... 

"It's a hinder for any other situation. It's as slow as the run speed of your character. It's leap is too low. Mastery won't help that much either."

Do you want a giant turtle to zoom as fast as a rollerbeetle past you?

"On top of that you have to have a second player to control the cannons? Its main use? LOL..." 

How is this a LOL, it's been known since it was announced and it's pretty much a selling-feature.

"Just another failed, empty feature of this hollow "expansion"."

Now it's just feeling like a copy-paste troll post honestly.

If you hate EoD that much just don't buy the expansion, nobody would enjoy reading the map chat all filled up with this whining by people like you that are this pre-determined to hate on everything anyway.   There's tons of people that do like the sound of EoD and they're likely gonna enjoy it regardless of how hard you whine here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 4

It seems like ANet just wanted to make 2 person mount above all. The fact that you can use it's cannons is  just an addition. Same for skiffs. Fishing itself as a major xpack feature is just quite pathetic. We don't know the balance on how the turtle damage is gonna turn out just yet but If I had to guess, It's going to be lower than your character's assuming you are using more than 2 buttons. 
Just treat the turtle as a coop mount not a combat mount. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1